Monaghan Forum

Group Draws

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To Monaghan2000:  "Another seans final loss,thats 6 in a row now surely has to be major questions asked of the players mentality"
I would think the seans players keep answering any questions posed mentally when they dust themselves down and get themselves back into contention year after year - No more or less than Ballybay who have lost a number of finals but keep coming back too. Credit where credit is due. It's easy to sit behind a keyboard and talk about these things. 24 teams in Monaghan didn't make finals this year.

The Sage (Monaghan) - Posts: 351 - 22/09/2020 12:26:15    2293548

Link

Its funny the difference a fortnight makes.

2 Weeks ago we had junior, intermediate and senior semi finals. Some of these games were of the highest level and very entertaining. OK scotstown beat a disappionting Carrick handy enough, but the Ballybay v Inniskeen was top notch. And I thought the quality was very decent. The intermediate semis, Emyvale v Harps went to the wire without reaching any great heights, then Cremartin and Doohamlet again produced a top quality match. And Junior had Aughnamullen winning handy but Seans v Clones again was a really good enjoyable match.

This week Monaghan football is in a terrible place by the looks of it. OK Scotstown got it all their own way after a decent enough first half overall and Aughnamullen won out easy winners but again after a decent first half by both teams. And I thought the Harps v Cremartin match was very entertaining to be fair. Monaghan club football might just not be as bad as some are making it out to be...

Tim_NicebutDim (Monaghan) - Posts: 327 - 22/09/2020 12:47:09    2293550

Link

Replying To Tim_NicebutDim:  "Its funny the difference a fortnight makes.

2 Weeks ago we had junior, intermediate and senior semi finals. Some of these games were of the highest level and very entertaining. OK scotstown beat a disappionting Carrick handy enough, but the Ballybay v Inniskeen was top notch. And I thought the quality was very decent. The intermediate semis, Emyvale v Harps went to the wire without reaching any great heights, then Cremartin and Doohamlet again produced a top quality match. And Junior had Aughnamullen winning handy but Seans v Clones again was a really good enjoyable match.

This week Monaghan football is in a terrible place by the looks of it. OK Scotstown got it all their own way after a decent enough first half overall and Aughnamullen won out easy winners but again after a decent first half by both teams. And I thought the Harps v Cremartin match was very entertaining to be fair. Monaghan club football might just not be as bad as some are making it out to be..."
Agree. Aughnamullen and Scotstown both would have been the bookies favourites to win the Ulster Club in both Junior and Senior.
Last year Blackhill & Magheracloone won Ulster, Clontibret beat the favourites to win Ulster, Crossmaglen.. Monaghan club football isn't as bad as it's being made out to be.

HB245 (Monaghan) - Posts: 80 - 22/09/2020 15:40:17    2293594

Link

Replying To The Sage:  "I would think the seans players keep answering any questions posed mentally when they dust themselves down and get themselves back into contention year after year - No more or less than Ballybay who have lost a number of finals but keep coming back too. Credit where credit is due. It's easy to sit behind a keyboard and talk about these things. 24 teams in Monaghan didn't make finals this year."
Very good post.

Monagael (Monaghan) - Posts: 98 - 22/09/2020 19:19:57    2293626

Link