Louth Forum

Club Scene 2020

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

The Minor Board have issued their proposals for the remainder of the season which I think are innovative and guarantees regular and competitive football.
The league and championship will be run as virtually the same competition.
The A championship and league at U14, U16 & U18 will comprise of 12 teams split in to two groups of 6, with each team guaranteed 5 matches, all played on a designated night for 5 weeks in a row starting the 1st week in August.
The top two teams in each group qualify for the championship semi finals. The league final will be between the top team in each group.
The B competition will be ran on the same basis subject to the number of teams.

Yes, it's a short season but at least there is some football this year for our underage footballers.

Drogexile (Louth) - Posts: 73 - 11/06/2020 10:20:34    2280398

Link

Great that every club is now up and running. Division 1A is going to be very tight. Two one point wins by Cooley and SOM with St Brides and Ger's drawing last night. Dreads and St.Pats at bottom and meet next week in Clogherhead. This group should be of interest right to the end. Nobody will want to lose in October especially the last round in Lordship - St.Pats v Cooley.
Compliments to County Board website showing all fixtures, results and tables. Great service.

19616609 (Louth) - Posts: 1464 - 03/08/2020 18:02:07    2286240

Link

Any truth on dowdallshill pulling the plug on the league ?

Southsider1 (Louth) - Posts: 30 - 22/09/2020 09:53:59    2293515

Link

Replying To Southsider1:  "Any truth on dowdallshill pulling the plug on the league ?"
In fairness could you blame them got hammered in both championship matches and nothing to play for on the league wat is the point in all fairness

Anlubuchaill (Louth) - Posts: 140 - 22/09/2020 10:09:04    2293518

Link

The point is it is at times like this you do whatever you can to get a team on the field , when you resign to given walkovers it will hurt the club and young younger players start looking away to other set ups the hill are a very proud club and have struggled for numbers over recent years but whatever needs to be done or whoever needs to tog out get a team on the field is vital to keep club going. The results of the league games are meaningless granted the bigger picture is more important.

N08CUTN (Mayo) - Posts: 207 - 22/09/2020 12:35:41    2293549

Link

Everyone said this would happen clubs wouldn't bother after championship cause there is no promotion or relegation this year made the league into a farce I hope the Hill get it together it's not a nice place for any club to find themselves inn

bennypoor (Louth) - Posts: 433 - 22/09/2020 13:44:27    2293564

Link

Replying To Southsider1:  "Any truth on dowdallshill pulling the plug on the league ?"
You should head out and tell the 22/23 lads that were training tues n thurs last week your "insider info"

GerryMcShane (Louth) - Posts: 3 - 22/09/2020 15:19:00    2293585

Link

Replying To Anlubuchaill:  "In fairness could you blame them got hammered in both championship matches and nothing to play for on the league wat is the point in all fairness"
Yeah well beaten in the championship twice but 1 point off top spot in the league with 5 to play is hardly "nothing to play for".

GerryMcShane (Louth) - Posts: 3 - 22/09/2020 15:20:40    2293586

Link

Replying To GerryMcShane:  "Yeah well beaten in the championship twice but 1 point off top spot in the league with 5 to play is hardly "nothing to play for"."
Fair enough I suppose let's hope everyone fulfills the fixtures as it's a lot better than sitting at home in lockdown regardless of what's at stake. Mitchell's will win this division this year & next year doing handstands though

Anlubuchaill (Louth) - Posts: 140 - 22/09/2020 16:50:47    2293604

Link

Lots of respect for Dowdalshill. Those boys have it tough and the moment but have always been a very decent and respected club in Louth.

GAAdundalk (Louth) - Posts: 544 - 22/09/2020 19:17:10    2293625

Link

A great club with the highest of standards and always a match for anyone delighted to hear that the rumours are nonsense , at junior the hill are a match for anyone and always have been the best of luck .

N08CUTN (Mayo) - Posts: 207 - 23/09/2020 06:29:06    2293672

Link

Replying To N08CUTN:  "A great club with the highest of standards and always a match for anyone delighted to hear that the rumours are nonsense , at junior the hill are a match for anyone and always have been the best of luck ."
But they're not a match for anyone at junior they haven't been for years now. Been bet by 20 plus points in each championship match is hardly a match for anyone so stop talking nonsense. But let's hope they rebuild & keep it together and come again in a few years

Anlubuchaill (Louth) - Posts: 140 - 23/09/2020 11:28:58    2293723

Link

Replying To Anlubuchaill:  "But they're not a match for anyone at junior they haven't been for years now. Been bet by 20 plus points in each championship match is hardly a match for anyone so stop talking nonsense. But let's hope they rebuild & keep it together and come again in a few years"
Just 2 clarify 2 points on ur post, Mr nameless.

Drawn in a group with 2 favourites to win cship, both teams in a higher division 3A. Both competing to win said division. Add in key injuries and that explains the hammering. Never nice but
Our season, is never defined by the championship. No 3B team will win it...

As for " not a match for anyone" blah blah, beaten in a league playoff by Mals last year having bet the Mitchell's home and away, wolf tones home and away, Nicks home and away suggests that perhaps we are a match for teams in our own division.

Don't mistake your opinions as facts.

GerryMcShane (Louth) - Posts: 3 - 23/09/2020 17:39:20    2293807

Link

Replying To GerryMcShane:  "Just 2 clarify 2 points on ur post, Mr nameless.

Drawn in a group with 2 favourites to win cship, both teams in a higher division 3A. Both competing to win said division. Add in key injuries and that explains the hammering. Never nice but

As for " not a match for anyone" blah blah, beaten in a league playoff by Mals last year having bet the Mitchell's home and away, wolf tones home and away, Nicks home and away suggests that perhaps we are a match for teams in our own division.

Don't mistake your opinions as facts."
No I was basically commenting on the post which said that they were a match for any team In junior which includes division 3A and 3B as all teams are in the same 'junior' championship. So going by that statement it was a false one because they are not a match for any of the teams in 3A.And tones and Mitchell's have improved dramatically this year too so I doubt they will be a match for them either but as I said best of luck hope to see them rebuilding and coming strong again. I'm not knocking them just stating facts!

Anlubuchaill (Louth) - Posts: 140 - 23/09/2020 17:56:16    2293811

Link

What a wonderful night it must have been on this date the 23rd of September 1957 when the Sam Maguire Cup came to Louth, it would be a night to remember hopefully it will happen again .

cuchul20 (Louth) - Posts: 8 - 23/09/2020 19:04:09    2293820

Link

Replying To GerryMcShane:  "Just 2 clarify 2 points on ur post, Mr nameless.

Don't mistake your opinions as facts."
Well said Gerry. The Dowdallers are a powerful club who have for decades provided great facilities for the community and the county.
- Louth had many great wins on their field over the years
- lots of exciting county finals and championship games played there
- Clubrooms made available to various committees
- Christmas run to patients in St.Oliver Plunkett Hospital
- the club have won lots of football competitions over the years

Every club has ups and downs in its history but you don't stop playing when you lose a game or two.
Surely the main purpose of every football club is to provide an opportunity for the young people in the area to represent their community like Matt the Trasher.
Some people would have just given Joe Ward and the medals to the Blues this year to save all the bother of playing games. Thankfully St. Mary's and the others thought otherwise.

19616609 (Louth) - Posts: 1464 - 23/09/2020 20:00:00    2293829

Link

He left Dundalk at 4.00 am on his way to Ardee. It was some night.

19616609 (Louth) - Posts: 1464 - 23/09/2020 20:03:32    2293830

Link

Replying To Anlubuchaill:  "No I was basically commenting on the post which said that they were a match for any team In junior which includes division 3A and 3B as all teams are in the same 'junior' championship. So going by that statement it was a false one because they are not a match for any of the teams in 3A.And tones and Mitchell's have improved dramatically this year too so I doubt they will be a match for them either but as I said best of luck hope to see them rebuilding and coming strong again. I'm not knocking them just stating facts!"
Well said Gerry and basically anlubuchaill your just putting the boot in when a club is going through a rough patch

N08CUTN (Mayo) - Posts: 207 - 24/09/2020 07:42:01    2293857

Link

Replying To N08CUTN:  "Well said Gerry and basically anlubuchaill your just putting the boot in when a club is going through a rough patch"
No I'm not putting the boot in I'm just stating facts rather than living in dreamland. I said I really hope they rebuild and come strong again soon so that's hardly putting the boot in. Wolfe tones are a prime example of this,they were on the cusp of folding years back but now they're an up & coming team full of youth & energy and are able to compete with the best teams in all of junior proving so in how close they ran the championship favorites dunleer in quarter finals

Anlubuchaill (Louth) - Posts: 140 - 24/09/2020 10:31:28    2293873

Link

Replying To Anlubuchaill:  "No I'm not putting the boot in I'm just stating facts rather than living in dreamland. I said I really hope they rebuild and come strong again soon so that's hardly putting the boot in. Wolfe tones are a prime example of this,they were on the cusp of folding years back but now they're an up & coming team full of youth & energy and are able to compete with the best teams in all of junior proving so in how close they ran the championship favorites dunleer in quarter finals"
you back tracked after Gerry gave you the facts and put you back in your box . the Wolfe Tones were never on the verge of folding again another assumption .

N08CUTN (Mayo) - Posts: 207 - 24/09/2020 14:13:04    2293913

Link