Monaghan Forum

NFL 2020

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To patmouse:  "its absolute disgrace that the intercounty is going ahead when the whole country is now gone to lockdown, the celebrations have been a massive driver in the virus spread, so much for the gaels and the community, that notion is long gone. Monaghan game against Kerry look like it had the highest attendances of fans in the whole Island and ny game in the premiership, it was the talk of social media, what where the stewards at . its no one wonder, we have one of the highest case in Ireland if not Europe by head of population."
Did you watch the match live or just look at a photo someone put up on twitter from a game in Leitrim months ago and said it was the Kerry monaghan game?

emmeitsabu (Leitrim) - Posts: 3 - 20/10/2020 09:20:55    2299472

Link

Replying To emmeitsabu:  "Did you watch the match live or just look at a photo someone put up on twitter from a game in Leitrim months ago and said it was the Kerry monaghan game?"
I watched it live and there was plenty of people at it

monman246 (Monaghan) - Posts: 73 - 20/10/2020 10:11:34    2299486

Link

Replying To monman246:  "I watched it live and there was plenty of people at it"
Plenty?? Really? I actually clicked into the link for the game there again just to reassure myself and bar the players on the pitch, backroom team and other panel members in the stand, I count about six stewards in yellow jackets dotted round the place. There could've been more in terrace but camera didn't show that. Maybe you were watching the kerry game in Inniskeen from few years ago. Good idea though as it was better result that day.

emmeitsabu (Leitrim) - Posts: 3 - 20/10/2020 11:07:10    2299509

Link

Replying To emmeitsabu:  "Plenty?? Really? I actually clicked into the link for the game there again just to reassure myself and bar the players on the pitch, backroom team and other panel members in the stand, I count about six stewards in yellow jackets dotted round the place. There could've been more in terrace but camera didn't show that. Maybe you were watching the kerry game in Inniskeen from few years ago. Good idea though as it was better result that day."
No definitely seen many non stewards walking about the place and a group of girls standing in front of the hedge at the side, with a Garda standing in front of them!

monman246 (Monaghan) - Posts: 73 - 20/10/2020 14:19:49    2299616

Link

Replying To monman246:  "No definitely seen many non stewards walking about the place and a group of girls standing in front of the hedge at the side, with a Garda standing in front of them!"
You are really clutching at straws there!! I watched it again and there is players in the stands.. stewards and background staff wearing county gear.. there is some people behind the hedge behind the goals who then came forward as the game went on, but there was not many... You would get more in any coffee shop that is still open..

Farney (Monaghan) - Posts: 739 - 20/10/2020 15:42:03    2299650

Link

Replying To monman246:  "No definitely seen many non stewards walking about the place and a group of girls standing in front of the hedge at the side, with a Garda standing in front of them!"
Hmmmmm could these non stewards have been co board officials, players who werent in the 26 or media maybe?? I imagine they were in fairness. All games seemed to be well run. Look forward to watching more this weekend. Will check in Monday to see what you're giving out about then monman. ✌

emmeitsabu (Leitrim) - Posts: 3 - 20/10/2020 16:54:19    2299671

Link

Replying To Farney:  "You are really clutching at straws there!! I watched it again and there is players in the stands.. stewards and background staff wearing county gear.. there is some people behind the hedge behind the goals who then came forward as the game went on, but there was not many... You would get more in any coffee shop that is still open.."
suppose to have NO supporters … a few here a few there. celebrate in pubs that were suppose to be closed, party in Belfast and come back infected .. Monaghan having one of the highest infection rate per head of population in Europe but sure its not our fault the Gaels, we delivered bread and milk to the people cocooning, its the schools fault that the business have closed.

patmouse (Monaghan) - Posts: 40 - 20/10/2020 18:30:08    2299683

Link

Replying To patmouse:  "suppose to have NO supporters … a few here a few there. celebrate in pubs that were suppose to be closed, party in Belfast and come back infected .. Monaghan having one of the highest infection rate per head of population in Europe but sure its not our fault the Gaels, we delivered bread and milk to the people cocooning, its the schools fault that the business have closed."
Some cluster of infections from the Alabama State final there a couple of weeks ago. GAA getting a serious doing over it. All GAA activities in Alabama shut down. They reckon,no GAA...no Covid.

seamusorinn (USA) - Posts: 98 - 21/10/2020 01:49:08    2299804

Link

Monaghan should stay up but youd have more chance of predicting the lotto numbers then predicting Monaghan v cavan, 15 months ago cavan schooled the farney in breffni. It's a local derby with very little form to go by, anything could happen you would imagine. Home advantage also worth very little.

222 (UK) - Posts: 518 - 22/10/2020 22:29:33    2300388

Link

Replying To 222:  "Monaghan should stay up but youd have more chance of predicting the lotto numbers then predicting Monaghan v cavan, 15 months ago cavan schooled the farney in breffni. It's a local derby with very little form to go by, anything could happen you would imagine. Home advantage also worth very little."
New set up now. Would have no fears of Cavan. We won't be playing MOR sit back and admire the opposition football this year. Monaghan by 6 or 7. Would actually be more worried by Meath thus weekend,than I would of Cavan.

seamusorinn (USA) - Posts: 98 - 23/10/2020 20:30:23    2300616

Link

Last year against cavan was a team and management on its last legs hopefully things will be different this year. We need to deal with meath first through and a negative result would be hard to bounce back from 6 days later. Momentum now is key.

seanie08 (Monaghan) - Posts: 1465 - 23/10/2020 23:24:02    2300652

Link