Louth Forum

Under 20 Compttition

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Good win for the jocks u20 last night the score line doesn't reflect the game only 4 points in it with 12 minutes left Callo was the difference when it mattered. It is probably worth mentioned the Referee last night not his best performance and was very hard on the amalgamated side from the first whistle.

N08CUTN (Mayo) - Posts: 193 - 30/10/2019 10:09:05    2246589

Link

Who is left in this competition does anyone know?
Mary's, Jocks and I don't know who else?

croker16 (Louth) - Posts: 347 - 30/10/2019 21:11:54    2246669

Link

croker16 (Louth) - Posts: 347 - 30/10/2019 21:50:54    2246678

Link

croker16 (Louth) - Posts: 347 - 30/10/2019 22:06:59    2246682

Link

mochtas/brides v pats
jocks v marys

N08CUTN (Mayo) - Posts: 193 - 31/10/2019 07:10:51    2246704

Link

Replying To croker16:  "Who is left in this competition does anyone know?
Mary's, Jocks and I don't know who else?"
Semi final line up is Marys vs Jocks and Mochtas/Brides vs Pats.

This competition needs looking at, starting a competition in October is crazy and clubs that win their championships can't commit to putting a team in because they're concentrating on their respective Leinster campaigns. I'm sure the Blues would have a fairly decent shot at this title if they hadn't got Leinster to concentrate on.
Mattock and Roche would surely have teams in it too. Just a thought...……….

smokey (Louth) - Posts: 36 - 31/10/2019 07:53:34    2246706

Link

Replying To smokey:  "Semi final line up is Marys vs Jocks and Mochtas/Brides vs Pats.

This competition needs looking at, starting a competition in October is crazy and clubs that win their championships can't commit to putting a team in because they're concentrating on their respective Leinster campaigns. I'm sure the Blues would have a fairly decent shot at this title if they hadn't got Leinster to concentrate on.
Mattock and Roche would surely have teams in it too. Just a thought...………."
agree with you also clubs that have been out of there respective competitions in the early stages find it hard to get lads back for Oct/Nov games as more than likely training has been over for 6 to 8 weeks.

N08CUTN (Mayo) - Posts: 193 - 31/10/2019 14:42:21    2246815

Link

Replying To N08CUTN:  "agree with you also clubs that have been out of there respective competitions in the early stages find it hard to get lads back for Oct/Nov games as more than likely training has been over for 6 to 8 weeks."
Totally agree here. It has the makings of a great competition and stepping stone to adult football but it's played at the wrong time of year and in bad conditions.

croker16 (Louth) - Posts: 347 - 31/10/2019 18:19:37    2246867

Link

Replying To smokey:  "Semi final line up is Marys vs Jocks and Mochtas/Brides vs Pats.

Mattock and Roche would surely have teams in it too. Just a thought...………."
This competition was started before Blues had qualified for Leinster.
Mochas/Brides v Pats semi final in Louth village Sunday at 2,00pm

19616609 (Louth) - Posts: 1453 - 02/11/2019 00:59:18    2247167

Link

Exciting game in Louth to-day. Mochtas/ Brides 3-10 St.Pats 3-9. Could have gone either way. The Amalgamation scored the winning goal in last few minutes. Great effort by both sides. Well done lads.
The other semi final is on Tuesday night in Monsterboice.

19616609 (Louth) - Posts: 1453 - 03/11/2019 23:06:30    2247545

Link

Replying To 19616609:  "This competition was started before Blues had qualified for Leinster.
Mochas/Brides v Pats semi final in Louth village Sunday at 2,00pm"
Yes you are right, this competition started on Friday 11th October, less than a week after both the Junior and Intermediate championship finals took place.
The Quarter Finals of the three main championships were played on the weekend of 25th August, that is 7 weeks since a lot of clubs would have stopped training. Surely if this is a competition as a stepping stone from minor to keep lads involved in Gaelic Football it should be played in decent conditions at a proper time of year when they can enjoy it.

smokey (Louth) - Posts: 36 - 04/11/2019 08:36:44    2247573

Link

Replying To 19616609:  "Exciting game in Louth to-day. Mochtas/ Brides 3-10 St.Pats 3-9. Could have gone either way. The Amalgamation scored the winning goal in last few minutes. Great effort by both sides. Well done lads.
The other semi final is on Tuesday night in Monsterboice."
In monsterboice, you're joking me? They got a bye in the first round and played at home in the quartwrs and now have another home game. Someone is getting favourable treatment.

annoyedplayer (Louth) - Posts: 20 - 04/11/2019 10:16:27    2247596

Link

Replying To annoyedplayer:  "In monsterboice, you're joking me? They got a bye in the first round and played at home in the quartwrs and now have another home game. Someone is getting favourable treatment."
Folks, Secretary of CCC sent an email to clubs @ 17.58 on Weds 25th Sept looking for Clubs to reply with expressions of interest to play in the competition by 18.00 on Fri 27th Sept !!!
In addition, this CCC and some clubs are not very flexible regarding fixture dates to ensure matches are played.
Not much time for clubs to ascertain players availability/interest. Especially with most clubs wrapped up for the year.
This competition needs more respect from The County Board. We should be looking at a competition in the spring/summer which gives teams 4/5 matches and if need be is 13 a side.

huha (Louth) - Posts: 25 - 04/11/2019 11:25:47    2247614

Link

Replying To huha:  "Folks, Secretary of CCC sent an email to clubs @ 17.58 on Weds 25th Sept looking for Clubs to reply with expressions of interest to play in the competition by 18.00 on Fri 27th Sept !!!
In addition, this CCC and some clubs are not very flexible regarding fixture dates to ensure matches are played.
Not much time for clubs to ascertain players availability/interest. Especially with most clubs wrapped up for the year.
This competition needs more respect from The County Board. We should be looking at a competition in the spring/summer which gives teams 4/5 matches and if need be is 13 a side."
It was great to get out yesterday to see a very tight game that was keenly contested on a good day for football. If it had been played in spring/summer what would we have done yesterday evening? The Cooley v Finbarr's shield semi was played at 11.00 am yesterday morning. Cooley won. They meet Clans in final.

Don't know why the other semi Jocks v Marys was switched from yesterday to Tuesday night. Probably to give interested people a chance to see the two games.
Naomh Mairtin obviously had the luck of the draw.

19616609 (Louth) - Posts: 1453 - 04/11/2019 12:59:44    2247644

Link

Replying To 19616609:  "It was great to get out yesterday to see a very tight game that was keenly contested on a good day for football. If it had been played in spring/summer what would we have done yesterday evening? The Cooley v Finbarr's shield semi was played at 11.00 am yesterday morning. Cooley won. They meet Clans in final.

Don't know why the other semi Jocks v Marys was switched from yesterday to Tuesday night. Probably to give interested people a chance to see the two games.
Naomh Mairtin obviously had the luck of the draw."
The game was switched from yesterday to Friday nigh last. It was Rained off on Friday night. I understand it is Wednesday night now, not as per the County website fixture list. It is too late in the year for this competition. GAA needs to look at keeping lads interested after minor football is finished for them.

Townie1969 (Louth) - Posts: 13 - 04/11/2019 15:30:20    2247683

Link

Ah Lads, this has / had all the makings of being a fantastic competition. I also think its the wrong time of year ... but there is no best time. 19 and 20 yr olds are all playing 1st team ball, especially in div 2 and 3, lads now back in college just dont have the passion to work,study and get out after a long season and play in the dirty(shitty) weather. We can all wax lyrical about days past. The CB have done quite a bit, but can we as a group of supporters,fans,coaches and players try and look for solutions rather than give out yarns... What worked 10 yrs ago is not working now. The gap from 17 yrs to adult football is looking more daunting for the players now. I work with 15/16 yr olds and they have asked me what happens after Minor (u17) truth is unless they are the really committed ones(or talented) the answer is Damn all. The clubs are or should be looking for the answers, working on something now. The amount of players who will not kick a ball after 17 will be ?? Third level, Second level(Lennon Cup) So much football up to a point, but not everyone is gonna be play Trench,Sigerson etc... Ok rant over. We owe it the players to try harder.

wrongball (Louth) - Posts: 13 - 04/11/2019 18:36:34    2247727

Link

Replying To Townie1969:  "The game was switched from yesterday to Friday nigh last. It was Rained off on Friday night. I understand it is Wednesday night now, not as per the County website fixture list. It is too late in the year for this competition. GAA needs to look at keeping lads interested after minor football is finished for them."
I don't think there is enough been done at club level to bring players from minor level to adult football maybe clubs should be made field X amount of U 21 players on there junior team to stop the huge amount of players dropping out at this crucial stage. In my club 11 U21 players played in the junior A c'ship final. Another 11 played in the junior B c'ship final & 5 more played in the senior c'ship final. It does take a bit of hard work to keep all this ticking over but it does work out.
With U18 moving to U17 next year there is a bit of work to be done to stop more dropping out.

TopDog(lu) (Louth) - Posts: 146 - 04/11/2019 19:34:19    2247742

Link

Replying To TopDog(lu):  "I don't think there is enough been done at club level to bring players from minor level to adult football maybe clubs should be made field X amount of U 21 players on there junior team to stop the huge amount of players dropping out at this crucial stage. In my club 11 U21 players played in the junior A c'ship final. Another 11 played in the junior B c'ship final & 5 more played in the senior c'ship final. It does take a bit of hard work to keep all this ticking over but it does work out.
With U18 moving to U17 next year there is a bit of work to be done to stop more dropping out."
Your lucky to have these numbers and its a great credit to your club but on the flip side as much as your saying your bringing lads on you postponed the first round of the u20 cship due to senior final the same weekend so you were not prepared to field without your senior players despite your huge numbers so like every club out there its the elite player who will always be looked after therefore risking loosing fringe players but at the end of the day its about winning, but the gap now for 18 year olds straight into adult is huge and its a situation created by the organisation Minor should of been left to u18.

N08CUTN (Mayo) - Posts: 193 - 05/11/2019 07:42:14    2247815

Link

Replying To N08CUTN:  "Your lucky to have these numbers and its a great credit to your club but on the flip side as much as your saying your bringing lads on you postponed the first round of the u20 cship due to senior final the same weekend so you were not prepared to field without your senior players despite your huge numbers so like every club out there its the elite player who will always be looked after therefore risking loosing fringe players but at the end of the day its about winning, but the gap now for 18 year olds straight into adult is huge and its a situation created by the organisation Minor should of been left to u18."
We had a bye in the first round of the U20 c'ship the same weekend as senior final & our game on Friday was pulled due to the weather we didn't postpone any games.
I do agree with U 18 been left alone

TopDog(lu) (Louth) - Posts: 146 - 05/11/2019 10:49:21    2247855

Link

what a game of football between mochtas/brides and st pats. Spectators got their fair share of entertainment from that one, heart-throbbing stuff, home side stealing it with a last minute winner in dramatic style. All credit to the pats lads however, what an effort they put in to come just short, phenomenal stuff in such bad conditions and probably should have seen the game out. Nearly all the players collapsed on their knees after the final whistle, and what composure from Smyth to score the winner.

Hard to look past the mairtins for the other game, with the two senior lads and the minor winning team, they should win this one as the marys have been out of action for some time. Final is down for 5.30 on saturday in darver of all places, absolutely ridiculous venue for a championship final.

bobby22 (Louth) - Posts: 18 - 05/11/2019 13:27:16    2247900

Link