Kerry Forum

Off Season Discussions Thread

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To Horsebox77:  "Owen Corry's book was excellent as it gave match accounts and team stats of games he was involved in as coach or player.

TG4 did one of their Laochra Gael's on Micko in series one. Really good episode.

The Gaa top brass were a disgrace in not offering the compromise rules gig to Micko. Heffernan got s stint but Micko was passed over repeatedly by them and given to the likes of Boylan, Johnno Keeffe, Early, Tohill etc.. have respect for Boylan but why the South Kerry man wasn't given the gig was insulting in my eyes....."
Yeah what I should have said is the 2nd one was a big let down as it was all said it the first book. Yeah the first book was full of facts and data alright.

CiarraiMick (Dublin) - Posts: 2337 - 09/06/2021 22:58:54    2349301

Link

Happy birthday to micko a true great of our amateur game as it was then. Yes his expense is may ha e been high and he demanded a lot of the lads who played for him and all he demanded back was a holiday for the lads plus there expenses and he certainly got that for them. It is so unlike what is happening in Dublin o er the past years it has destroyed our game. God bless micko long live the king

traleegerry (Kerry) - Posts: 686 - 10/06/2021 13:00:22    2349360

Link

Lads no word on Cluxton so far, are his days done. We are all aware he shuns the spotlight.. is it a case of just slipping away or will he be back come C'ship

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - Posts: 5352 - 13/06/2021 21:20:01    2350502

Link

Replying To Horsebox77:  "Lads no word on Cluxton so far, are his days done. We are all aware he shuns the spotlight.. is it a case of just slipping away or will he be back come C'ship"
Did nt hear anything. I was under the impression he was nt retiring but who knows. As you say he does nt care about the fanfare so he might just go quietly although if he does nt appear for the championship it would be big news. On another note that Clare team look dangerous and that lad Darren ó Néill could cause havoc under high ball.

CiarraiMick (Dublin) - Posts: 2337 - 13/06/2021 22:20:53    2350537

Link

Replying To CiarraiMick:  "Did nt hear anything. I was under the impression he was nt retiring but who knows. As you say he does nt care about the fanfare so he might just go quietly although if he does nt appear for the championship it would be big news. On another note that Clare team look dangerous and that lad Darren ó Néill could cause havoc under high ball."
That Darren O'Neill looks huge. He won one high ball near the square over Aidan O'Shea and he looked a good bit bigger than O'Shea. He looks to be 6 foot 6 or 7. Clare will try and send high ball on top of him against us for sure considering the problems we have had previously with high ball into our full back line. Foley is our back best equipped to match up with him.

Kerry15 (Kerry) - Posts: 800 - 13/06/2021 23:41:58    2350586

Link