Kerry Forum

Off Season Discussions Thread

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To Horsebox77:  "Would it be wrong or in order to create a thread and call it b*t*hfest. .. then those who want to engage is such activities can use this thread....

Therefore leaving the rest of the page free for actual genuine fans to engage in haa discussion.... yes? No? Maybe?"
Plus 1, this is where the moderating on this website falls down.

We shouldn't have to tolerate random WUMS turning up on a county forum just to stir it. The yank and this Dub being the two latest manifestations.

TheHermit (Kerry) - Posts: 6334 - 12/05/2021 12:41:18    2341251

Link

If only some of us who spend thousands of eruos in normal seasons following our county teams up and down this island knew how 'superficial' our knowledge was compared to some old lad sitting in an Irish bar in New York half watching the occasional Kerry game while on the beer.

I suppose we should be thankful we only have to deal with these fella's on here. Can you imagine being stuck on the terrace next to some of these characters :D

Anyway that's enough engaging with these WUMs for one day, will the team be named tomorrow night? I'll be back on for that.

TheHermit (Kerry) - Posts: 6334 - 12/05/2021 13:12:05    2341257

Link

I agree that the odd poster just comes on the Kerry forum to snipe and wind up but most just give their opinions and for me they are more than welcome. Forever Young is a very knowledgeable poster. Forever knows his stuff and while I might not agree with everything he posts I certainly enjoy his input and his interest in gaa and Limerick and Kerry are admirable. He also has balanced views. A very welcome poster indeed.

CiarraiMick (Dublin) - Posts: 2694 - 12/05/2021 13:36:13    2341263

Link

I heard Dublin played challenge games against Monaghan and Cork. Talks of the 3 breaking away to form their own super league. Participants must have been training since well before April...

Kerry15 (Kerry) - Posts: 839 - 12/05/2021 13:59:07    2341267

Link

Replying To Kerry15:  "I heard Dublin played challenge games against Monaghan and Cork. Talks of the 3 breaking away to form their own super league. Participants must have been training since well before April..."
From my knowledge Monaghan were training as a team. Dublin were not(a group of nine) so I don't think the training will have any bearing on league form. Most players will have been training to keep up fitness levels anyway.looking forward to next weekend now.

CiarraiMick (Dublin) - Posts: 2694 - 12/05/2021 14:36:01    2341275

Link

Replying To Kerry15:  "I heard Dublin played challenge games against Monaghan and Cork. Talks of the 3 breaking away to form their own super league. Participants must have been training since well before April..."
Lol they've probably been playing each other since January :-)

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 13475 - 12/05/2021 14:39:40    2341276

Link

Replying To foreveryoung:  "Agreed Horse. I come on here to check on things Kerry. I've lived with ye before, so am naturally interested in yer footballing.

But very often when I come on here, I learn more about Dublin. Some lads just can't let things lie. And the same lads when their depth of knowledge about, of all things, Kerry football is drawn out a little bit, is shown to be quite superficial.

So, let's strictly focus on footballing matters during the coming league and championship. I'm all for that, Horse."
Agreed more focus on footballing matters and less of the non stop b*t*hing ,whinging and moaning about Dublin

superbluedub (Dublin) - Posts: 2727 - 12/05/2021 14:39:57    2341277

Link

Boom boom -:)

superbluedub (Dublin) - Posts: 2727 - 12/05/2021 14:41:03    2341279

Link

Replying To TheHermit:  "If only some of us who spend thousands of eruos in normal seasons following our county teams up and down this island knew how 'superficial' our knowledge was compared to some old lad sitting in an Irish bar in New York half watching the occasional Kerry game while on the beer.

I suppose we should be thankful we only have to deal with these fella's on here. Can you imagine being stuck on the terrace next to some of these characters :D

Anyway that's enough engaging with these WUMs for one day, will the team be named tomorrow night? I'll be back on for that."
WUMS ? ah no , just calling out the constant bitter nasty nonsense yourself and the other fella keep posting.
Sure if it was all about Kerry GAA on here , id imagine only Kerry posters would post -:)
Anyway thats enough of engaging with the bitter whinging few on here for one day !

superbluedub (Dublin) - Posts: 2727 - 12/05/2021 14:49:06    2341283

Link

Replying To superbluedub:  "WUMS ? ah no , just calling out the constant bitter nasty nonsense yourself and the other fella keep posting.
Sure if it was all about Kerry GAA on here , id imagine only Kerry posters would post -:)
Anyway thats enough of engaging with the bitter whinging few on here for one day !"
Do you not realise that this is the Kerry page and you're supposedly a dub? Or are you too dim for that to sink in?

Get the dublin page up and running and drive on.

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 13475 - 12/05/2021 15:29:21    2341291

Link

Replying To superbluedub:  "WUMS ? ah no , just calling out the constant bitter nasty nonsense yourself and the other fella keep posting.
Anyway thats enough of engaging with the bitter whinging few on here for one day !"
"Anyway thats enough of engaging with the bitter whinging few on here for one day !"

Why do you feel the need to comment at all? You're obviously going out of you're way to "engage".

Kerry15 (Kerry) - Posts: 839 - 12/05/2021 15:56:03    2341298

Link

Replying To Kerry15:  ""Anyway thats enough of engaging with the bitter whinging few on here for one day !"

Why do you feel the need to comment at all? You're obviously going out of you're way to "engage"."
He can't handle the truth Kerry15.

Will we have a team named tomorrow night or Friday do you think?

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 13475 - 12/05/2021 18:42:58    2341326

Link

Has the county league fixtures been released? Are they splitting the divisons in 2????

KerrymanStuckInDonegal (Kerry) - Posts: 162 - 12/05/2021 22:19:17    2341370

Link

Bitter absolutely, the entire country outside Dublin is bitter over what had been allowed go on these past 15 years with Dublin GAA. If fellas like you had any self awareness you'd realise the Dublin issue is the biggest and most vocalized problem facing the GAA these past few years. But instead lads like you try to pretend it's just a few sore losers ranting wildly so as to desperately convince yourself all is well and Dublin's success isn't being seriously questioned.

Nasty? How is it nasty to highlight well established facts around massive funding disparity, a commerical ability that allows for an academy structure based on a professional sports model (Leinster Rugby), a semi pro team set up, massive backroom support etc and finally competition skewed to ensure Dublin benefit from near constant home advantage? How is it nasty to make the argument all this has contributed (in my opinion quiet substantially) to Dublin's unprecedented dominance?

The simple fact is lads like you can't accept that Dublin's success is something utterly new and is built on factors outside just what happened on the pitch. You want to pretend it's natural but it isn't. And deep down you know it yourself hence the paronia out of ye and the stalking and random appearances on other county fourms.

Now the Dublin see no evil brigade, with their Wuming, multi accounts and truly nasty posting (Catch-22, multiuser, jimbo etc) have managed to dominate the main forum and driven off people like me.

But to reiterate a point already made, this is a Kerry forum boy. Designed for Kerry fans and we will always discuss what is most relevant to us - and a rival being given serious advantages that impacts massively on our own chances of All Ireland's is a hugely serious issue for us.

So to conclude, and I've no interest ever engaging with you again: don't jump the wall into another man's yard and dictate what is and is not talked about. Go off to your own patch and you can keep up your delusions that all the noise about Dublin is just a few Kerry sore losers posting on a forum.

And if you could take a couple more with you we might actually get to talk about football on here again.

TheHermit (Kerry) - Posts: 6334 - 13/05/2021 09:00:41    2341396

Link

Replying To TheHermit:  "Bitter absolutely, the entire country outside Dublin is bitter over what had been allowed go on these past 15 years with Dublin GAA. If fellas like you had any self awareness you'd realise the Dublin issue is the biggest and most vocalized problem facing the GAA these past few years. But instead lads like you try to pretend it's just a few sore losers ranting wildly so as to desperately convince yourself all is well and Dublin's success isn't being seriously questioned.

Nasty? How is it nasty to highlight well established facts around massive funding disparity, a commerical ability that allows for an academy structure based on a professional sports model (Leinster Rugby), a semi pro team set up, massive backroom support etc and finally competition skewed to ensure Dublin benefit from near constant home advantage? How is it nasty to make the argument all this has contributed (in my opinion quiet substantially) to Dublin's unprecedented dominance?

The simple fact is lads like you can't accept that Dublin's success is something utterly new and is built on factors outside just what happened on the pitch. You want to pretend it's natural but it isn't. And deep down you know it yourself hence the paronia out of ye and the stalking and random appearances on other county fourms.

Now the Dublin see no evil brigade, with their Wuming, multi accounts and truly nasty posting (Catch-22, multiuser, jimbo etc) have managed to dominate the main forum and driven off people like me.

But to reiterate a point already made, this is a Kerry forum boy. Designed for Kerry fans and we will always discuss what is most relevant to us - and a rival being given serious advantages that impacts massively on our own chances of All Ireland's is a hugely serious issue for us.

So to conclude, and I've no interest ever engaging with you again: don't jump the wall into another man's yard and dictate what is and is not talked about. Go off to your own patch and you can keep up your delusions that all the noise about Dublin is just a few Kerry sore losers posting on a forum.

And if you could take a couple more with you we might actually get to talk about football on here again."
Dry your eyes there , yes it's the Kerry forum , but open to all I believe .

superbluedub (Dublin) - Posts: 2727 - 13/05/2021 09:51:27    2341408

Link

Replying To TheHermit:  "Bitter absolutely, the entire country outside Dublin is bitter over what had been allowed go on these past 15 years with Dublin GAA. If fellas like you had any self awareness you'd realise the Dublin issue is the biggest and most vocalized problem facing the GAA these past few years. But instead lads like you try to pretend it's just a few sore losers ranting wildly so as to desperately convince yourself all is well and Dublin's success isn't being seriously questioned.

And if you could take a couple more with you we might actually get to talk about football on here again."
Don't waste your words on the hermit,he's openly trolling and and on the windup.

Also catch22 is one of jimbo multiple usernames, he slipped up the other day on the main forum and gave himself away but he's allowed to hold multiple accounts and do what he wants.

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 13475 - 13/05/2021 11:32:06    2341436

Link

Replying To KingdomBoy1:  "He can't handle the truth Kerry15.

Will we have a team named tomorrow night or Friday do you think?"
Actually its you and your buddy that cant handle the truth
Kerry are not top dogs any more , get over it and stop the whinging

superbluedub (Dublin) - Posts: 2727 - 13/05/2021 12:15:08    2341445

Link

Replying To KingdomBoy1:  "Don't waste your words on the hermit,he's openly trolling and and on the windup.

Also catch22 is one of jimbo multiple usernames, he slipped up the other day on the main forum and gave himself away but he's allowed to hold multiple accounts and do what he wants."
Oh really, of anyone on that form that Catch22 individual was just a really nasty, horrible bit of work. Nothing but firing off insults and laughing and jeering at posters. So it was Jimbo all along, make sense.

Glad I've moved on from the main forum. It was actually starting to get me down going on there, particularly when Kerry were playing, and reading to the stuff that was allowed be posted. Not to mention the bully-boy tactics of the few that wanted to shout down and ridicule anyone who challenged them.

But it seems some of them want to try and do the same thing here. And if we can't even have our own patch what's the point of this forum at all.

I hope the moderates understand that if WUMs, trolls and multi account posters are allowed plague here the handful of posters that keep this place ticking over will leave and it will be nothing but a tumble weed zone a la most other county forums on the website.

TheHermit (Kerry) - Posts: 6334 - 13/05/2021 12:45:49    2341455

Link

Replying To TheHermit:  "Oh really, of anyone on that form that Catch22 individual was just a really nasty, horrible bit of work. Nothing but firing off insults and laughing and jeering at posters. So it was Jimbo all along, make sense.

Glad I've moved on from the main forum. It was actually starting to get me down going on there, particularly when Kerry were playing, and reading to the stuff that was allowed be posted. Not to mention the bully-boy tactics of the few that wanted to shout down and ridicule anyone who challenged them.

But it seems some of them want to try and do the same thing here. And if we can't even have our own patch what's the point of this forum at all.

I hope the moderates understand that if WUMs, trolls and multi account posters are allowed plague here the handful of posters that keep this place ticking over will leave and it will be nothing but a tumble weed zone a la most other county forums on the website."
Oh ya, jimbo kept the catch22 facade up for a good while and then he forgot himself a couple of days ago, he always slips up eventually just like that tool multiple username.

When you're getting attacked on the main forum it's only 1 or 2 posters with multiple accounts so I wouldn't worry about it and everyone in the country knows what dublins 6 in a row is worth, it's worth nothing nada zilch, for 135 years the Holy grail of the 5 in a row was never achieved and the money started getting pumped into dublin in 2002 and within 17 years the 5 was done and then the 6, the allireland is a total joke now and just a battle between the ameteur teams to see who gets to be the cannon folder for the dubs and the gaa.

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 13475 - 13/05/2021 13:53:29    2341469

Link

I've avoided the main forum for a good bit and rarely post or read on it. I have suggested before to simply "disengage" with these posters that are not genuine or do not want to contribute to a meaningful gaa conversation.

It is an open forum and I honestly like alternative opinions on the lead up to games. I would honestly love to discuss Saturday's game with a like minded Galway supporter, sure isn't that what it's all about.

If you react to every single jibe and wum then it is expected that more will follow ... the fire will quench without oxygen... simply disengage.

But the forum should be open and welcoming to all who adopt the right ethos to the game and subsequent discussions.

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - Posts: 5462 - 13/05/2021 14:12:18    2341477

Link