Fermanagh Forum

Games July 2021

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Woeful guidance from the sideline left the minors to be humiliated due to no workable mitigation measures being put in place. Time to bring in a Corrigan type manager as the future of county football depends on young players like these. I rest my case.

BigToeJoe (Fermanagh) - Posts: 138 - 08/08/2021 10:17:20    2368743

Link

Previous posters gave all the plaudits to Dom for Cavan win .. suppose they will be blaming Dom for last night in Omagh … .. management to thank
And blame on both occasions .. well done for Breffni .. shame for last night .. time county board took county underage management seriously .. who was last minor manager to actually have played county football or have had any county management experience before or since .. what a question to have to ask

KeshGFC (Fermanagh) - Posts: 284 - 08/08/2021 13:41:33    2368797

Link

Results:
Sun 8th Aug 21
Reserve B Football Championship PR1
Aghdrumsee 2-8 Maguiresbridge at 1-12
Reserve B Football Championship PR2
Belcoo 1-7 Devenish 0-17
JFL Division 1 Final
Derrvgonnelly 3-15 Enniskillen 0-8
JFL Division 2 Final
Ederney (P)v(P) Tempo

erneboy (Fermanagh) - Posts: 1337 - 08/08/2021 18:42:30    2368896

Link

Replying To KeshGFC:  "Previous posters gave all the plaudits to Dom for Cavan win .. suppose they will be blaming Dom for last night in Omagh … .. management to thank
And blame on both occasions .. well done for Breffni .. shame for last night .. time county board took county underage management seriously .. who was last minor manager to actually have played county football or have had any county management experience before or since .. what a question to have to ask"
Kesh KFC since you are so well informed my dad has a question for you. He wants to know when the current minor chief played completive in either league or championship for the county and in position did he play and in what year or years? As for county management experience you referred to, he wants to know if you are referring to stats collection as county management experience?

erneboy (Fermanagh) - Posts: 1337 - 08/08/2021 20:35:28    2368930

Link

Replying To erneboy:  "Kesh KFC since you are so well informed my dad has a question for you. He wants to know when the current minor chief played completive in either league or championship for the county and in position did he play and in what year or years? As for county management experience you referred to, he wants to know if you are referring to stats collection as county management experience?"
Seriously ? Stats collection equals experience .. please tell me yer kidding .. or tell yer da lol

KeshGFC (Fermanagh) - Posts: 284 - 09/08/2021 09:22:28    2369011

Link

are people serious in this thread? yes it helps to have experience but you do not need to have played at the highest level in order to be a good manager / coach. Brian Cody and Mickey Harte are two obvious examples off the top of my head.
The minor manager needs to be given some credit, he won a championship game and this is an achievement given fermanagh's dire record in the past 10 or so years.
anyone that watched the tyrone game will know that tyrone were 10 times better in every position, they had NO CHANCE... even Houdini wouldve struggled to escape with a result.
funding and work needs to be put in from u14 upwards, there is no point a group of lads gathering at minor level no matter who the manager is, they will be YEARS behind the top counties who have been putting in serious work in the years previous.

shotgun (Fermanagh) - Posts: 120 - 09/08/2021 10:49:16    2369038

Link

Replying To shotgun:  "are people serious in this thread? yes it helps to have experience but you do not need to have played at the highest level in order to be a good manager / coach. Brian Cody and Mickey Harte are two obvious examples off the top of my head.
The minor manager needs to be given some credit, he won a championship game and this is an achievement given fermanagh's dire record in the past 10 or so years.
anyone that watched the tyrone game will know that tyrone were 10 times better in every position, they had NO CHANCE... even Houdini wouldve struggled to escape with a result.
funding and work needs to be put in from u14 upwards, there is no point a group of lads gathering at minor level no matter who the manager is, they will be YEARS behind the top counties who have been putting in serious work in the years previous."
I agree funding is needed but also quality candidates for management otherwise young players won't progress as they deserve to. It's clear after Saturday that the present set up isn't working. My son tells me that the players WhatsUp group is concurring with what is being said on this forum. Time to take action.

gaalltheway (Fermanagh) - Posts: 772 - 09/08/2021 12:10:25    2369070

Link

Replying To gaalltheway:  "I agree funding is needed but also quality candidates for management otherwise young players won't progress as they deserve to. It's clear after Saturday that the present set up isn't working. My son tells me that the players WhatsUp group is concurring with what is being said on this forum. Time to take action."
well i think the players need to take along hard look at themselves if it is management they are putting the blame on. The management weren't on the pitch being trounced by 30 points

shotgun (Fermanagh) - Posts: 120 - 10/08/2021 09:25:48    2369398

Link