Fermanagh Forum

BEST 15 FERMANAGH PLAYERS IN THE LAST TWO DECADES

(Oldest Posts First)

I see the local newspaper is wanting your best 15 Fermanagh senior players in the past 20 years. So is anyone up for naming their selection and maybe add as to why? I would imagine the team of 2004 will have a few players in the list. My choice for inclusion is our own Tomas Corrigan with Liam McBarron potentially there too.

cillnaile. (Fermanagh) - Posts: 959 - 30/05/2020 08:16:36    2279495

Link

Goals
Niall Tinney

Full Back Line
Che Cullen Barry Owens Shane Goan

Half Back Line
Ryan McCluskey Shane McDermot Ultra Kelm

Mid
Eoin Donnelly Martin McGrath

Half Forward line
Raymond Gallagher Mark Murphy Rory Gallagher

Full Forward Line
Ryan carson Stephen Maguire Seamus Quigley

The Gallaghers might have quit before 2000 can't remember. Would be some team to watch.

ERNEDEVIL (Fermanagh) - Posts: 51 - 08/06/2020 18:58:36    2280124

Link

Hey Devil, your team of players is heavily weighed towards Belleek footballers. Your inclusion of Murphy was a bit of a surprise. No mention of Sean Quigley, I wonder why?

On an entirely different matter, could someone with a sharp eye for analysing writing, such as Ekn_teacher tell me if macca999 and the galloonbuffoon are one in the same person?

TurnipHead. (Fermanagh) - Posts: 208 - 11/06/2020 10:13:52    2280393

Link

Just picked the team that i would have liked to have seen. Does not matter to me where there from. I am not from that area, if thats what your thinking. Thought you would have questioned the inclusion R.Carrson more than Murphy. Thought Murphy was a good player before he went to Australia never really looked the same player when he returned. Gave options could have played in the mid or forwardline. No mention of a lot of players the like Sherrys, Brewsters and countless others. No agenda againist Sean good player, hope he comes back to team went football restarts. Think his brother is the better footballer and went Carrson because because think carried a greater goal threat. Stephen Maguire is one of my favourite players Barry Owens being my favourite player. You never put up your team.

ERNEDEVIL (Fermanagh) - Posts: 51 - 11/06/2020 13:55:32    2280428

Link