Fermanagh Forum

Fermanagh GAA 'S Twenty-Year Plan

(Oldest Posts First)

Breaking news!

As the country braces itself for a potential lockdown to prevent the Covid-19 spread, Fermanagh County Board are apparently secretly redirecting their energy in hatching a plan to not only have the country's best state-of-the-art county facilities but to win the Senior Ulster Championship by 2030 and the Sam Maguire Cup by 2040!

A close source revealed today that 20-year overall plan is ambitious but nonetheless achievable within that time frame. Such a strategy should address the shortcomings in facilities and along with introducing best practice in skilling-up players and recruiting the top management personnel.

The out workings of the plan will no doubt be challenging in terms of infrastructure as well as sourcing finance and the right personnel to deliver the ambitious 20-project, but it can be done.

Comment: If true, It will be interesting to read the reaction of the broader GAA family in the county. No doubt we'll hear from some regular contributors on here such as Kesh GFC who has his ear persistently cocked like a weasel for the latest news to give as usual one-sided view without seeing the bigger picture. I guess macca999 will have something to say also, however I notice he has been social-distancing this hoganstand forum without a cheep out of him since Fermanagh demise last weekend!

erneboy (Fermanagh) - Posts: 1289 - 15/03/2020 15:20:31    2273872

Link

Replying To erneboy:  "Breaking news!

As the country braces itself for a potential lockdown to prevent the Covid-19 spread, Fermanagh County Board are apparently secretly redirecting their energy in hatching a plan to not only have the country's best state-of-the-art county facilities but to win the Senior Ulster Championship by 2030 and the Sam Maguire Cup by 2040!

A close source revealed today that 20-year overall plan is ambitious but nonetheless achievable within that time frame. Such a strategy should address the shortcomings in facilities and along with introducing best practice in skilling-up players and recruiting the top management personnel.

The out workings of the plan will no doubt be challenging in terms of infrastructure as well as sourcing finance and the right personnel to deliver the ambitious 20-project, but it can be done.

Comment: If true, It will be interesting to read the reaction of the broader GAA family in the county. No doubt we'll hear from some regular contributors on here such as Kesh GFC who has his ear persistently cocked like a weasel for the latest news to give as usual one-sided view without seeing the bigger picture. I guess macca999 will have something to say also, however I notice he has been social-distancing this hoganstand forum without a cheep out of him since Fermanagh demise last weekend!"
Interesting plan but do Fermanagh Gaa have the budget to execute any of this?

Allaboutclub (Fermanagh) - Posts: 70 - 15/03/2020 20:58:58    2273925

Link

Whether or not this plan is a ruse it is still essentially what our county leaders should be planning and that's the only way to progress. The talented in our sport and the clubs are crying out for a way for them to excel otherwise we will be in the same stalemate by 2040.
By the way, I loved the poster's references to the weasel and social distancing - priceless!!

ekn_teacher (Fermanagh) - Posts: 236 - 16/03/2020 16:46:08    2274003

Link