Dublin Forum

Eamon Dunphy

(Oldest Posts First)

The lack of respect this Dubs team is getting for what they have achieved is incredible.

From Ewan McKenna to Joe Molloy, Ger Gilroy to Eamon Dunphy...........I dunno why we bother

EAMON DUNPHY!!

Liamwalkinstown (Dublin) - Posts: 8157 - 23/09/2017 09:54:58    2049518

Link

I think its hillarous to be honest, i can see it now Eamon trying to get a selfie with the lads in Grogans and being told to kindly move away from the team.

Bad case of hurt pride on Dunphy's behalf here in my opinion.

TheUsername (Dublin) - Posts: 3503 - 23/09/2017 10:53:07    2049535

Link

this dublin team are good at the game but not a very likeable bunch

ulster83 (Tyrone) - Posts: 114 - 23/09/2017 11:17:59    2049541

Link

Replying To ulster83:  "this dublin team are good at the game but not a very likeable bunch"
i would think the total opp, grand bunch of very single minded modest lads,fantastic roll models, all very smart lads

Stmunnsriver (Wexford) - Posts: 1895 - 23/09/2017 14:35:25    2049594

Link

There will always be begrudgers. Let them be.

waynoI (Dublin) - Posts: 13541 - 23/09/2017 15:57:42    2049622

Link

Replying To ulster83:  "this dublin team are good at the game but not a very likeable bunch"
I'd love you to reveal your personal experiences when you met them to formulate that opinion , so the stage is set please tell ?????
Some of us have met them on numerous ocassions and they are modest gentlemen.
O rourke , O shea and Brolly all stated as much on the Sunday game so much so that o rourke said they were bordering on being boring
But you obviously have different experiences so go on let all hear how they treated you when you met them ????

Damothedub (Dublin) - Posts: 5193 - 23/09/2017 18:55:25    2049671

Link

Replying To Damothedub:  "I'd love you to reveal your personal experiences when you met them to formulate that opinion , so the stage is set please tell ?????
Some of us have met them on numerous ocassions and they are modest gentlemen.
O rourke , O shea and Brolly all stated as much on the Sunday game so much so that o rourke said they were bordering on being boring
But you obviously have different experiences so go on let all hear how they treated you when you met them ????"
i think the general public dont know that much about this dublin team more than anything..obviously the likes of us do but outside the county more so

alano12 (Dublin) - Posts: 2208 - 23/09/2017 20:19:20    2049715

Link

I gotta say the dubs do get a bit of bad press but wouldn't be listening to dunphy,I was hoping mayo win , the spirit that they keep showing has to be admired the never say die attitude the willingness to never give up on their dreams is something every person should look at it in their daily lives but leaving that aside I witnessed incredible sportsmanship at the final whistle by the dublin players towards the mayo lads and one of my favorite moments was the final whistle in the 2013 final I think it was when johnny cooper and cluxton didn't celebrate when the final whistle went the instead went straight over to mayo players and gave them hugs ,top guys them lads and great role models for young kids to look up to

Galwayjoe86 (Galway) - Posts: 258 - 23/09/2017 23:06:13    2049773

Link

Anyone else listen to off the ball this morning, Paul Kimmage gave Jim Gavin terrible abuse about his manner after games, in interviews and being magnanimous to Mayo. He also gave the team terrible stick for "cynical play", it was really vile and terrible stuff. Was furious after it, he has really lost credibility from me.

TheUsername (Dublin) - Posts: 3503 - 24/09/2017 19:54:01    2050000

Link

From a Mayo supporter that has attended 20 Mayo games this year I can only say to all Dublin supporters, players and management team extremely well done. You showed great character. Your players showed huge respect respect after the game and must be congratulated for this also. Enjoy the close season and celebrate like mad. We are really hurting now. Painful even but already we are looking at finishing the club scene and planning for 2018. To quote Vera Lynn 'we will meet again'.

sinabhuil (Mayo) - Posts: 170 - 25/09/2017 17:16:23    2050418

Link

Replying To TheUsername:  "Anyone else listen to off the ball this morning, Paul Kimmage gave Jim Gavin terrible abuse about his manner after games, in interviews and being magnanimous to Mayo. He also gave the team terrible stick for "cynical play", it was really vile and terrible stuff. Was furious after it, he has really lost credibility from me."
Media are coming across as bit entitled with those type of complaints

alano12 (Dublin) - Posts: 2208 - 25/09/2017 21:31:26    2050486

Link

wait until he (Kimmage) does the blood doping piece......

meath87889699 (Meath) - Posts: 30 - 26/09/2017 22:45:58    2050850

Link

Replying To sinabhuil:  "From a Mayo supporter that has attended 20 Mayo games this year I can only say to all Dublin supporters, players and management team extremely well done. You showed great character. Your players showed huge respect respect after the game and must be congratulated for this also. Enjoy the close season and celebrate like mad. We are really hurting now. Painful even but already we are looking at finishing the club scene and planning for 2018. To quote Vera Lynn 'we will meet again'."
Nice to read your generous good humoured and fair comments , i have had the privilege of seeing Mayo on tv during my summer holidays in
great spots like Ballina Castlebar & Westport,, At all times i was made welcome, treated fairly ,and indeed my views and opinions were well received,
I noticed the lovely cheerful family groups all togged out in their Mayo gear . real fans with no baggage or issues .. so to sum up , The wonderful
Mayo fans will get their All Ireland soon i hope .. and i might even order a nice large Mayo jersey for my future trips to a great football county,

Ps . Finishing second does not mean being second best ..your day will come ....

Cheers,

Heffo (Dublin) - Posts: 62 - 27/09/2017 14:43:05    2051038

Link

This is the same bunch who individually went up to Sean Cavanagh, shook his hand, hugged him and congratulated him on a great career after a semi final, yes? Would love to know what your definition of likeable is. Ryan McMenamin and Conor Gormley perhaps. Lovely chaps.

Joxer (Dublin) - Posts: 4247 - 27/09/2017 18:16:20    2051112

Link

What a complete and utter total waste of time trying to defend the Dubs , in fairness we have not been alone there are many a decent Gael from the country who knows what's what , but myself and others have been relaying stories left right and centre about Jim and the lads , but there is a large element that just don't want to know , so ain't gonna bother I'm happy I follow a cracking bunch of lads lead by a serious coach that we should be proud of to hell with the begrudgers

Damothedub (Dublin) - Posts: 5193 - 29/09/2017 18:23:44    2051775

Link

What you want for a team is not to be liked, far from it, but to be feared.

realdub (Dublin) - Posts: 7701 - 29/09/2017 21:46:40    2051814

Link

Wouldn't waste any time and energy trying to convince the begrudgers to consider they might be wrong about Gavin or this great bunch of players.
The likes of Kimmage and Dunphy and plenty of others see an angle to make waves and get a reaction.
All great teams have had these individuals in the wings.That's where they belong.

Dubh_linn (Dublin) - Posts: 2164 - 30/09/2017 08:42:14    2051861

Link