Donegal Forum

Streaming Service

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To panamasam:  "Does anybody know why there was needle between Eamon McGee and Paddy McBrearty after the final whistle on Saturday? I caught a replay of the second half streamed on fb. McGee runs straight for Paddy at full time and there was a minor tussle between them that went on for a couple of minutes. Seemed the majority of their teammates were happy to let them sort whatever between them."
You mean to say a man sent off in the Ulster Club Final 2018 and the County Final 2019 was involved in needle at he end of a game he lost?

Regarding the row i would say it was in relations to Paddys late tackle on Shane Ferry that brought him a yellow card.

Eamon is King of dishing it out but not being able to take it, and he should considering hanging up the boots instead of being the immobile oul fella on the team going around getting into rows.

ManusFromHeaven (Donegal) - Posts: 321 - 14/09/2020 16:53:56    2292084

Link

Replying To naomh_conaill_4:  "As mentioned both teams can have complaints from the view of the stream I don't know if the ball went over the bar but as you say it seemed by the reaction it did. Jack McKelvey should have got a black not a yellow would've been no difference as he already had a yellow and for the goal if it was judged as a free out it would've been understandable so no I definitely wont speak only of things against us as I feel he was shocking for both.

Can someone explain why at the end he threw the ball up when two balls were on the field and NC were in possession and to top it up throws the ball up to a Eunans man with no NC player about? how about the equalising score when Caolan ward touched the ball on the ground but yet he got the free?

The standard of Refereeing in donegal is a joke with little to no young refs coming through. There was so many yellow cards yesterday and tbh it wasn't that type game to have them all Martin Mchugh mentioned it in commentary as well"
The reason the ref stopped the game and threw up the ball is because teams who are winning are copying Tyrone by kicking balls onto the pitch to waste time. I'd actually applaud him for that as it's infuriating when teams start that craic.

ballboy101 (Donegal) - Posts: 155 - 14/09/2020 22:46:42    2292142

Link

Replying To panamasam:  "I just got to see a replay of the goal incident and personally speaking I think the right call was made. Of course it is a subjective one and others might see it differently. It looks to me like Leo has played the ball whether he got his fist to it like he claimed before it got to Patton's hands or just after I cannot say. There was certainly theatrics from Shaun afterwards probably upon realising the ball ended up in the net. In my opinion he needed to be stronger there in securing the ball."
I was only basing my opinion on the initial viewing and haven't seen the replay. I do think most referees would have made the easy call and given a free but fair play to the ref for making the tough call.

ballboy101 (Donegal) - Posts: 155 - 14/09/2020 22:49:44    2292143

Link

Replying To ballboy101:  "I was only basing my opinion on the initial viewing and haven't seen the replay. I do think most referees would have made the easy call and given a free but fair play to the ref for making the tough call."
Without the ability of having a replay at the time could give a different view of the incident. I actually had to watch it back 3 or 4 times myself. But ultimately I think the right call was made and Patton definitely should have been more assertive in claiming the high ball in.

panamasam (Australia) - Posts: 2458 - 15/09/2020 11:22:25    2292190

Link

Replying To ballboy101:  "The reason the ref stopped the game and threw up the ball is because teams who are winning are copying Tyrone by kicking balls onto the pitch to waste time. I'd actually applaud him for that as it's infuriating when teams start that craic."
I highly doubt that the ball came from the winning side? NC had possession with less than 30 seconds left and a point up. Would have been keep ball for a bit then game over.

I found it strange decision to hop ball myself, it punished the team in possession.

FootballGuy (Donegal) - Posts: 110 - 15/09/2020 11:26:33    2292191

Link

Just watched Leo's goal a few time's and questions would have to be asked of the st Eunans no.17. Leo shouldn't of got near Patton at all. Goal all day long

crnm (Donegal) - Posts: 88 - 15/09/2020 12:07:07    2292207

Link

At the end of the day, Eunans can complain all they want but they had an extra man for 30 odd min and couldn't get the job done. So really only have themselves to blame.

LagheyLad (Donegal) - Posts: 39 - 15/09/2020 12:28:44    2292212

Link

Replying To ballboy101:  "The reason the ref stopped the game and threw up the ball is because teams who are winning are copying Tyrone by kicking balls onto the pitch to waste time. I'd actually applaud him for that as it's infuriating when teams start that craic."
I am delighted you brought that up I was hoping someone would. If you watch the game back you will notice this same tactic was employed my Eunans when Niall O'Donnell put over a score to push their lead out to 3 points. When the kick out was Niall O'Donnel picks up the extra ball to show Seamus and then drops it at his feet instead of kicking of the field. What was the outcome of this the kickout was re-taken so tell me do you still "applaud" the ref for inconsistency?

naomh_conaill_4 (Donegal) - Posts: 363 - 15/09/2020 12:34:42    2292214

Link

Replying To naomh_conaill_4:  "I am delighted you brought that up I was hoping someone would. If you watch the game back you will notice this same tactic was employed my Eunans when Niall O'Donnell put over a score to push their lead out to 3 points. When the kick out was Niall O'Donnel picks up the extra ball to show Seamus and then drops it at his feet instead of kicking of the field. What was the outcome of this the kickout was re-taken so tell me do you still "applaud" the ref for inconsistency?"
I didn't notice that to be honest but it needs to be applied consistently. Disappointing that Donegal club teams are applying the horrible tactics of Tyrone. I'm against teams doing it, regardless of who they are.

And I wasn't having a go at your team, was actually hoping that you would come through in that match. And I get where you're coming from in terms of consistency as it's the one thing that angers players, managers and fans when referees are inconsistent. However, you have to say that the goal incident on Sunday just proves how hard it is to be a ref. Despite numerous views people are still arguing over the validity of the goal.

ballboy101 (Donegal) - Posts: 155 - 15/09/2020 12:54:08    2292221

Link

Replying To ballboy101:  "I didn't notice that to be honest but it needs to be applied consistently. Disappointing that Donegal club teams are applying the horrible tactics of Tyrone. I'm against teams doing it, regardless of who they are.

And I wasn't having a go at your team, was actually hoping that you would come through in that match. And I get where you're coming from in terms of consistency as it's the one thing that angers players, managers and fans when referees are inconsistent. However, you have to say that the goal incident on Sunday just proves how hard it is to be a ref. Despite numerous views people are still arguing over the validity of the goal."
Patton actually had the ball in his hand for a barely noticeable time and McLoone almost simultaneously but not quite punched it out of his hand.I presume that would be regarded as a tackle.Is it correct that you can't tackle the goalkeeper inside the square.

gunman (Donegal) - Posts: 686 - 15/09/2020 13:28:59    2292234

Link

Replying To ballboy101:  "I didn't notice that to be honest but it needs to be applied consistently. Disappointing that Donegal club teams are applying the horrible tactics of Tyrone. I'm against teams doing it, regardless of who they are.

And I wasn't having a go at your team, was actually hoping that you would come through in that match. And I get where you're coming from in terms of consistency as it's the one thing that angers players, managers and fans when referees are inconsistent. However, you have to say that the goal incident on Sunday just proves how hard it is to be a ref. Despite numerous views people are still arguing over the validity of the goal."
Maybe it started in Tyrone, I don't know, but under Rory Gallagher Donegal used this tactic a lot. It's a disgraceful tactic and was an embarrassment. Up there with Maxi's pitch incursions.

himachechy (Donegal) - Posts: 247 - 15/09/2020 14:47:11    2292265

Link

Replying To gunman:  "Patton actually had the ball in his hand for a barely noticeable time and McLoone almost simultaneously but not quite punched it out of his hand.I presume that would be regarded as a tackle.Is it correct that you can't tackle the goalkeeper inside the square."
I don't think you can touch the keeper in the small square. I'd say technically it was a foul but keepers get far too much protection. Be good to hear a refs opinion on it.

You really have to admire the determination of Naomh Conaill, they just never give up. It will be an interesting final and hopefully better than the semi-finals, both games were very defensive.

Green_Gold (Donegal) - Posts: 1730 - 15/09/2020 16:50:54    2292294

Link