Wexford Forum

Wexford Hurling 2016

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

If players read this forum? Forget all the hype and bull. So ye are underdogs? so what, Somebody has to be. Just go out and injoy your hurling. The rest will come natural.

hogan35 (Kilkenny) - Posts: 93 - 22/07/2016 12:00:47    1888120

Link

Replying To wexico15:  "In 2013 when Kilkenny were out both semi finals attracted over 60,000 for example"
did i see you there?

filenacleeragh (Cork) - Posts: 52 - 22/07/2016 12:26:35    1888139

Link

Replying To filenacleeragh:  "did i see you there?"
Please explain the relevance of your question?

wexico15 (Wexford) - Posts: 3194 - 22/07/2016 12:32:58    1888142

Link

Have to say I miss the hype and excitement there used to be during the championship. We have reached the same stage as in 2014 but it has been very quiet in the county all week. I think it's the same in a lot of counties this year.

Afinestick (Wexford) - Posts: 415 - 22/07/2016 16:17:23    1888287

Link

Its very important that we concede as few frees as possible. Waterford have been scoring very few goals - only one in their 5 group 1a matches. They may have the players to score goals but are not set up that way. So if we limit their scoring opportunities from placed balls it will put us in with a shout.

lochgarmanabu (Wexford) - Posts: 1004 - 22/07/2016 17:04:50    1888309

Link

Well lads what do we think of the team one change since the cork game harry Kehoe in for Podge,, Liam Ryan and Nicky kirwan drafted into the panel...

juan31 (Wexford) - Posts: 142 - 22/07/2016 21:29:01    1888364

Link

Surprised Breen has recovered in time . Would have liked to have seen Andrew Kenny drafted into the half back line. Hopefully Aidan Nolan and Liam Ryan are fit enough to make big impressions in the second half

Afinestick (Wexford) - Posts: 415 - 22/07/2016 21:59:38    1888370

Link

Heard last night the team named may require to be changed before the game depending on certain situations on Sunday!!

Personally I'd be a little concerned for James Breen following his illness there is no way he can be 100%.

I spent two days in Waterford with my job this week and the feeling I was getting on numerous occasions when the match was the topic of conversation was that all Waterford need to do is turn up on Sunday and that them in the Semi Final! I'm my opinion Wexford love being the underdog and I for one cannot wait for this match.

wexfordchic (Wexford) - Posts: 16 - 23/07/2016 08:07:52    1888416

Link

It's been enjoyable logging on here over the last few pages I have to say, back to some actual discussion on hurling rather than the other claptrap we've been subjected to!

On to tomorrow and am surprised to see Breen make it but fair play to him, as chin alluded to in his interview he is a hardy but of stuff.

I thought Kenny might have come in for eanna Martin and Harry Kehoe was the logical choice also to come in. Also interesting to see Kirwan on the bench, could he be a sunrise to spring from the bench against a team that would t have seen much of him.

Looking forward to tomorrow now no matter the result but I was down in the park earlier in the week and they were wary of how the ticket sales were going. Nothing to lose tomorrow in reality and it's an intriguing match up

tearintom (Wexford) - Posts: 859 - 23/07/2016 13:15:21    1888498

Link

Replying To tearintom:  "It's been enjoyable logging on here over the last few pages I have to say, back to some actual discussion on hurling rather than the other claptrap we've been subjected to!

On to tomorrow and am surprised to see Breen make it but fair play to him, as chin alluded to in his interview he is a hardy but of stuff.

I thought Kenny might have come in for eanna Martin and Harry Kehoe was the logical choice also to come in. Also interesting to see Kirwan on the bench, could he be a sunrise to spring from the bench against a team that would t have seen much of him.

Looking forward to tomorrow now no matter the result but I was down in the park earlier in the week and they were wary of how the ticket sales were going. Nothing to lose tomorrow in reality and it's an intriguing match up"
Wouldn't be surprised to see one or two changes before throw in . I expect it may be decided whether James Breen is fit to start on Sunday morning. Poor ticket sales in the park tearintom? I know a lot of people like myself just get the tickets online but the notion that we are the best supporters in Ireland is clearly incorrect . It's an All Ireland quarter final and I hope the lads get the support they deserve

Afinestick (Wexford) - Posts: 415 - 23/07/2016 14:14:05    1888517

Link

Replying To Afinestick:  "Wouldn't be surprised to see one or two changes before throw in . I expect it may be decided whether James Breen is fit to start on Sunday morning. Poor ticket sales in the park tearintom? I know a lot of people like myself just get the tickets online but the notion that we are the best supporters in Ireland is clearly incorrect . It's an All Ireland quarter final and I hope the lads get the support they deserve"
2015 league and championship games Wexford played the attendances were good. But This year League and championship Wexford support has been very poor. Now maybe after the two beatings we got from Kilkenny and Cork and the loss to Limerick in the u21 final plus all the negative stuff about Liam Dunne and the management team have caused a serious decline in supporters attending matches. But you know what I couldn't care less how many travel to Thurles tomorrow. The few real supporters will travel and have traveled to all the matches this year in bad times and good times. Whatever happens tomorrow Loch Garman Abú

nickolas (Wexford) - Posts: 28 - 23/07/2016 15:56:15    1888548

Link

Replying To tearintom:  "It's been enjoyable logging on here over the last few pages I have to say, back to some actual discussion on hurling rather than the other claptrap we've been subjected to!

Looking forward to tomorrow now no matter the result but I was down in the park earlier in the week and they were wary of how the ticket sales were going. Nothing to lose tomorrow in reality and it's an intriguing match up"
I dont think breen will play, ryan will come in corner back. He himself is not fully fit but thats the extent of the injury list!!

Best of luck to all involved and to the minors.

hurler101 (Wexford) - Posts: 467 - 24/07/2016 10:22:47    1889002

Link

Crucial ten minutes coming up now. They've left us in the game. Need to go back to short puck outs. Chin being triple marked.

Doylerwex (Wexford) - Posts: 1760 - 24/07/2016 14:44:24    1889132

Link

Lads it's probably the best part of three years since I posted on here. Today's display was absolutely awful. We were beaten easily by a bad Dublin team, beat a totally useless offaly team, beat a bad cork team and were hammered by an average Waterford team. Our backs have not been organised all year, o hanlon full back has been all over the place, Foley has been cleaned out everyday, our midfielders aren't good enough, o Connor can only strike the ball on one side and even at that he can only drive it as far as he can without any strategy. The forwards do not work hard enough, Morris is afraid of his life of getting hurt, Dunne just runs with the ball into blind alleys and achieves very little with any ball. We have no subs of any use whatsoever.. no strength in depth. Finally we seem to have no game plan at all, and with limited players a game plan is essential. First touch, striking, handpassing, and the basics of defending by marking the opposition. The number of times Waterford got ball in space with no wexford man to be seen was too high. Wexford on the other hand couldn't make space because our only tactic was to drive the ball as far as possible into a crowd of backs. No improvement in the last few years, we just got lucky with the qualifier draw this year.

890202 (Wexford) - Posts: 1243 - 24/07/2016 15:30:09    1889157

Link

Real gulf in class today. We didn't win one battle on the field. Game plan was up the middle and if that didn't work the other option was up the middle too. Poor decision making. Never looked to find a spare man. Two good wins over two poor teams. Dunnes term is up. Some improvements since he took over and unlucky with injuries etc this year. I don't think he can bring this team any further.

fecksakeref (Wexford) - Posts: 111 - 24/07/2016 16:24:26    1889192

Link

Knives fully sharpened, ready for use. Big difference between winning and losing

luvgaa (Wexford) - Posts: 155 - 24/07/2016 16:53:37    1889218

Link

Ye just were'nt at the races today. But lads in fairness? ye are ruined with injuries That would kill any team. It happened us in 2013. dublin beat us in leinster. we beat tipp. cork put us out of our misery. if ye have that many injuries it will catch up on ye. But they need to try and get of 1b league.

hogan35 (Kilkenny) - Posts: 93 - 24/07/2016 17:09:49    1889233

Link

Very disappointing today, especially as Waterford were so wasteful! We were just flat, and aimless with too much ball! I said before if we tried to go long too early they would mop it up but thats what we did. Poor end to a topsy turvy year.
I dont form opinions based on one game so for me the players and management are just as good or bad as they were before this game ever happend. I think most know where i lie on that issue.

The question for me is, was today a closer reflection of where we are at or was the cork game? Or somewhere in between?

hurler101 (Wexford) - Posts: 467 - 24/07/2016 19:11:13    1889304

Link

We're we not all disappointed seeing our senior county team losing today in Thurles but to ridicule every player and lambaste management is not very helpful. Very easy to sick back and criticise.

Stratos (Wexford) - Posts: 37 - 24/07/2016 20:00:33    1889337

Link

Replying To 890202:  "Lads it's probably the best part of three years since I posted on here. Today's display was absolutely awful. We were beaten easily by a bad Dublin team, beat a totally useless offaly team, beat a bad cork team and were hammered by an average Waterford team. Our backs have not been organised all year, o hanlon full back has been all over the place, Foley has been cleaned out everyday, our midfielders aren't good enough, o Connor can only strike the ball on one side and even at that he can only drive it as far as he can without any strategy. The forwards do not work hard enough, Morris is afraid of his life of getting hurt, Dunne just runs with the ball into blind alleys and achieves very little with any ball. We have no subs of any use whatsoever.. no strength in depth. Finally we seem to have no game plan at all, and with limited players a game plan is essential. First touch, striking, handpassing, and the basics of defending by marking the opposition. The number of times Waterford got ball in space with no wexford man to be seen was too high. Wexford on the other hand couldn't make space because our only tactic was to drive the ball as far as possible into a crowd of backs. No improvement in the last few years, we just got lucky with the qualifier draw this year."
It's a good job you don't post too often with Comments such as Paul Morris is afraid of getting injured

Afinestick (Wexford) - Posts: 415 - 24/07/2016 20:19:22    1889344

Link