Tipperary Forum

Senior Hurling 2012

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Realtmo, I know it's it's a long shot for Galway or Dublin to bet kk but in a knock out match in one 70 mins I think they have it in them to produce a shock because of the way they are tryin to play! I think they have taken notice of how tipp did it in 09 & 10 to match kk. Don't think any other counties are tryin to do that!

Totally agree with you about the change in attitude needed. But surely the first 55mins against limerick is more worrying than the last 15 was promising?? Tipp really need to get back to the sheedy basics but with the rumoured unrest in the camp I question whether they can! Sheedy built his team on the base that every single player n mgt were in it 100% together and they were going to hurl harder and faster than anyone! Unfortunate there is some tension in the camp and the hurlin is very soft! Both need to change quick time!I

semplestadium (Tipperary) - Posts: 146 - 01/06/2012 15:18:52    1185299

Link

semple I think myself the real test will be down in Cork and we will have a clearer picture of what Tipp are on display for the year. As for unrest I am hearing from a good source that it is all behind them and it is has been a very happy camp the last four weeks, I tend to believe this from the way they came back and won last week, as for the first 55 mins you could look at it as been worrying or that we are just tipping along till the real hurling starts as I said we will know for certain after Cork. I just think Tipp do not want to make the same mistake as last year peaking for a Munster final, hopefully are teething problems are behind us and now that the management are fully settled in we may just be in for a good year.

therealtmo (Tipperary) - Posts: 1292 - 01/06/2012 17:15:39    1185397

Link

Ya hopefully they all pullin together now.

I know cork is a hard place to go any time but I don't rate this cork team at all. New keeper, new fullback, Sean og is slowin, Gardner not a midfielder, they will have 2 or 3 green forwards n I don't rate Paudie o Sullivan at inter county level! If we beat cork I don't think it will tell us much but if we loose it will show we are gone backwards!

semplestadium (Tipperary) - Posts: 146 - 01/06/2012 19:40:57    1185470

Link

semple Its Cork, we don't beat them in Cork often. Very disappointed in the performance against Limerick. We only got going when the subs came on but at least we got going. We have as much to prove Cork.

tipptothetop (Tipperary) - Posts: 531 - 02/06/2012 09:07:36    1185548

Link

Oh ya I know how rare wins in cork are but I wouldn't read much into it, IF we do win, compared to d last time we won there under sheedy! This cork team is very new and unproven. Any team hoping to beat kk this year would be expected to beat this cork team.

semplestadium (Tipperary) - Posts: 146 - 02/06/2012 13:24:02    1185657

Link

What will be the 15 to face Cork ?

therealtmo (Tipperary) - Posts: 1292 - 18/06/2012 17:54:47    1197229

Link

What does everyone think of todays game?
Only saw the 2nd half but Tipp were worthy winners, Cork pushed them hard and cant be to displeased with their showing. Its a very young Cork outfit who are still a bit lightweight but JBM is doing the right thing in bringing the young fellows through.
Cant see Waterford beating Tipp but I dont think Tipp are good enough to hand out the kind of hiding that they gave them in their last Munster Final meeting

ormondbannerman (Clare) - Posts: 13473 - 24/06/2012 18:11:03    1201124

Link

I was very impressed with Tipp today. It was a first for Tipp without Lar and Kelly for me, even though Larry played great when he came on. They showed great character with only 14 men. Pa Bourke was very good again. I was a bit disappointed with B Maher. What is the story with Seamus Hennessey? The Bonner and Noel McGrath were outstanding. I think Tipp will win Munster and get to the All-Ireland final. I hope they have a good plan for the Cats. I think they will be too good for Waterford. I was surprised by Cork, they have improved a lot.

20carrolls (National) - Posts: 99 - 24/06/2012 18:46:33    1201176

Link

It was a good win but I am very worried about our backs, which is unusual because this is normally our forte. Our full back line especially, I thought we got beaten too many times back there and we were very lucky not to have conceded a goal or two. Our half back line played ok, they will need to improve. Midfield was good because of McGrath he played well, Brendan done alright but he is nowhere near his 2010 form. Half forward line played well with big performances for Bonnar and Pa Bourke. Lar done ok after coming on but he still has alot to work on before he really gets back to his best. Our inside played well and fairly troubled the Cork backs. Noel was very good, but we needed him to have that. Buggy is strong and is well able to run at defences, a big addition to him is he is very good in the air, something Tipp haven't exploited with him yet. Shane Bourkes tenacity is great to see and he is very fast. He has played well coming off the bench but he has never been great when started. Happy with our forwards but our backs have alot of work to do.

tipptothetop (Tipperary) - Posts: 531 - 24/06/2012 19:53:50    1201249

Link

Great win for us today, would not worry about anything, its all about timing. We could of won by 7 or 8 points only for the sending off, we are where we want to be and with no hype about us its great nobody giving us a chance for the all Ireland.

therealtmo (Tipperary) - Posts: 1292 - 24/06/2012 21:21:39    1201319

Link

well done from all in louth.......

magicmarys (Louth) - Posts: 12 - 25/06/2012 17:51:21    1202003

Link

Good win yesterday but still loads to do. I think the win boils down to Bonnar maher. The attitude he has is actually unbelievable. His work rate alone would frighten most defenders! Anyone know, out of the 23 scores how many did he create?
Although we didn't give up any goals I thought the full back line struggled big time. Not sure if O'Brien is the answer corner back, curran was in trouble all day while Cahill isn't at his best.
Great to see Lar back but I thought he was well off d pace, which is understandable, but he has a lot of work to do! In 40 mins yesterday i can only remember him gettin on d ball twice. Any other forward would be slated for that.

semplestadium (Tipperary) - Posts: 146 - 25/06/2012 21:21:01    1202184

Link

I think we can really win the all Ireland this year, we are just doing enough we have loads in the tank. most of this team did not hurl in the league and have only about two months hurling done, we will peak at the right time this year with a lot of players just going to be coming back to there best. It is gas the way so many people are writing us off and cant see its all about timing for this team.

therealtmo (Tipperary) - Posts: 1292 - 26/06/2012 11:47:13    1202359

Link

Congrats on yer win on Sunday lads. It was an epic contest with a serious amount of scores. It really is a great rivalry between our 2 counties. I thought we should have got a draw and taken ye back to Thurlas but thats the way it goes. Hopefully ye will go on to beat that showboating shower from Waterford in a few weeks.

Rebel.Og (Cork) - Posts: 519 - 26/06/2012 16:56:35    1202841

Link

How do ye see this game going against Waterford ? what do ye think of the starting team ?

therealtmo (Tipperary) - Posts: 1292 - 11/07/2012 09:52:01    1214330

Link

therealtmo
How do ye see this game going against Waterford ? what do ye think of the starting team ?

Our team is below. I see us winning by 5-6. Im surprised Lar is starting as i thought they would keep him on the bench as an impact sub.

1. Brendan Cummins (Ballybacon-Grange)
2. Conor O'Brien (Éire Óg Annacarty)
3. Paul Curran (Mullinahone) Captain
4. Michael Cahill (Thurles Sarsfields)
5 Thomas Stapleton (Templederry Kenyons)
6. Conor O'Mahony (Newport)
7. Padraic Maher (Thurles Sarsfields)
8. Brendan Maher (Borris-Ileigh)
9. Shane McGrath (Ballinahinch)
10. Pa Bourke (Thurles Sarsfields)
11. Patrick Maher (Lorrha & Dorrha)
12. Lar Corbett (Thurles Sarsfields)
13. Brian O'Meara (Kilruane MacDonaghs)
14. John O'Brien (Toomevara)
15. Noel McGrath (Loughmore Castleiney)

ormondbannerman (Clare) - Posts: 13473 - 11/07/2012 11:32:31    1214443

Link

Can you stop PASTING off my page (you have been doing it all year) and if anyone does not believe I have not put a dot after the 5 Thomas Stabelton and yours is the same as mine
I am not doing my postings for u or the others I do not have to explain to anyone why but I will say this much its for friends round the world who have limited service NOW just do your own thing and dont bother me any more

JC Wales (Tipperary) - Posts: 3040 - 11/07/2012 13:24:52    1214653

Link

11/07/2012 13:24:52
JC Wales
County: Tipperary

1214653 Can you stop PASTING off my page (you have been doing it all year) and if anyone does not believe I have not put a dot after the 5 Thomas Stabelton and yours is the same as mine
I am not doing my postings for u or the others I do not have to explain to anyone why but I will say this much its for friends round the world who have limited service NOW just do your own thing and dont bother me any more

Whatever. In most cases i have been posting the info as i see it on the newspages. You may be posting for friends around the world but its easier for people to see info if the info is spread between different threads. If people want to read about the tipp senior hurlers they go into the tipp senior hurlers thread, if they want to read about the minor hurlers they can go into the tipp minor hurlers thread.
It is much easier for everyone to find the information they want if each county team has a different thread and the club championships have different threads

ormondbannerman (Clare) - Posts: 13473 - 11/07/2012 15:29:28    1214861

Link

Thanks ormondbannerman for posting up the team, without you we would be lost. Thanks again!!

TheHighFielder (Limerick) - Posts: 182 - 12/07/2012 15:57:33    1215936

Link

Have to say this must be the worst build up to a Munster final I have ever seen. Why do people think the build up to it is so low key, it is a Munster final after all.

therealtmo (Tipperary) - Posts: 1292 - 13/07/2012 12:09:24    1216426

Link