Louth Forum

Louth V Longford

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To OLLIE:  "Good stuff Greengrass. Come in to the clubhouse. I will be there before the match and after it. The great Mr King will look after you."
I won't make it Ollie . I have to go home and take the young fella to the pictures .

Greengrass (Louth) - Posts: 5137 - 17/06/2017 18:04:49    2000648

Link

Horror show again from start to finish.
I could slate every one of them today but simply couldn't be bothered.
Pathetic display today , absolutely pathetic effort.
Not a clue did they have.
Goalie and full back line again destroyed.

Anyway I won't rant too much , some positives from the year and promotion to division 2, but we are in for a serious rough ride in division 2.

louthman57 (Louth) - Posts: 273 - 17/06/2017 19:35:14    2000665

Link

Everyone at the top table, the management and all the players have to go.

THE_SNAPPER (Louth) - Posts: 2016 - 17/06/2017 20:21:16    2000695

Link

That was pants. Next year is going to be a long Division 2 campaign.
Did CK start with the wrong team? They could've added a couple more goals at the end too if they went for them.

Get Oisin McConnville in - there, I said it.

Cherno_Samba (Louth) - Posts: 632 - 17/06/2017 20:44:20    2000710

Link

Replying To THE_SNAPPER:  "Everyone at the top table, the management and all the players have to go."
Not sure of your nuclear approach Snapper. Has anybody the appetite to replace the top table? Where are the 15 inter-county players that are not being selected presently? However, I agree the management must or will go because the nonsense of the past few months was embarrassing. I was accused of over-reacting to the performance in the recent challenge matches but no team can leak six goals in a match and think it will not effect morale. Then changing our tactics before a championship match to "have a cut" was most juvenile. Then today there were sweeping changes but the players just were not interested or unable to adapt. All players appeared bunched in the middle but Longford attacked through them at will. Not sure who will take on the challenge of Div 2 next year but the players need a new voice! CK is out of his depth.

in_a_bind (USA) - Posts: 62 - 17/06/2017 21:39:32    2000757

Link

A few thoughts on the season;
Positives
Got promotion in the league
Beat Wicklow albeit unconvincingly
Competitive against Meath for 55-60 mins
Introduced a few new faces

Negatives
Well beaten in league final
Fell apart in closing stages against Meath
Key players still leaving for america
Abysmal against Longford.

Colin Kelly is a Louth man through and through and has given great service to the county as a player and manager at underage and senior level . That said he's not a inter county cailbre manager, he has too many personality clashes with player and in general isn't up to the job. Paddy crozier was a big loss this year and was replaced with colm nally. Again colm is a well intentioned man but time and again he has not cut it with Louth. Kelly and nally have been as disaster at underage level before in Louth so it begs the question who on earth thought it would be a good idea to Let them go again at senior level. Both are destined to be on club circuit for the rest of their days.
The county board are a disgrace and the last 4/5 chairmen, drogheda is a joke and nobody seems bothered or interested to fix it. Having such a deficiency in leadership at the top table fills me with dread. were poor Are these lads going to be able to attract the right man for the job going forward?
I don't see any outstanding candidate in the county, I've see Oisin mc conville mentioned eariier, Oisin managed a crossmaglen team full of talent and depth to a few Armagh amd Ulster titles and a few trench cups with dundalk it. To me he wouldn't be in the running.
I think Pete mc grath will part ways with Fermanagh and I think he is the man Louth should go to on their hands and knees and beg him to take over. He has shown with Fermanagh that he can achieve with a small county

louthandproud (Louth) - Posts: 40 - 17/06/2017 23:58:07    2000875

Link

Replying To MiddleofLouth:  "Somebody cheer me up and tell me Kelly has resigned. Terrible performance, the whole team did not play well. I think Kelly has to be Louth's worst manager. Very disappointed, well beaten today. Destroyed by Tipperary two years ago, well beaten today, absolutely no improvement."
Mouths worst manager.lads come on out of that I've seen worse days .the expectation levels of this county is incredible...they honestly are incredible... Way too high.we Dont deserve to dine at the top table, nonsense.not these players not players 10 , 20, 30,years ago no matter what older lads say. Ah yer man was a great player.we haven't won a Lenister since 1957 will you's catch a grip. Snapper wants the whole team gone...did anybody think we were gonna win a Lenister this year? Well we didn't so pretty much same result as every year .

GAAdundalk (Louth) - Posts: 525 - 17/06/2017 23:58:44    2000876

Link

Replying To louthandproud:  "A few thoughts on the season;
Positives
Got promotion in the league
Beat Wicklow albeit unconvincingly
Competitive against Meath for 55-60 mins
Introduced a few new faces

Negatives
Well beaten in league final
Fell apart in closing stages against Meath
Key players still leaving for america
Abysmal against Longford.

Colin Kelly is a Louth man through and through and has given great service to the county as a player and manager at underage and senior level . That said he's not a inter county cailbre manager, he has too many personality clashes with player and in general isn't up to the job. Paddy crozier was a big loss this year and was replaced with colm nally. Again colm is a well intentioned man but time and again he has not cut it with Louth. Kelly and nally have been as disaster at underage level before in Louth so it begs the question who on earth thought it would be a good idea to Let them go again at senior level. Both are destined to be on club circuit for the rest of their days.
The county board are a disgrace and the last 4/5 chairmen, drogheda is a joke and nobody seems bothered or interested to fix it. Having such a deficiency in leadership at the top table fills me with dread. were poor Are these lads going to be able to attract the right man for the job going forward?
I don't see any outstanding candidate in the county, I've see Oisin mc conville mentioned eariier, Oisin managed a crossmaglen team full of talent and depth to a few Armagh amd Ulster titles and a few trench cups with dundalk it. To me he wouldn't be in the running.
I think Pete mc grath will part ways with Fermanagh and I think he is the man Louth should go to on their hands and knees and beg him to take over. He has shown with Fermanagh that he can achieve with a small county"
What has he achieved with Fermanagh?

Frederick (Louth) - Posts: 476 - 18/06/2017 09:03:41    2000953

Link

Jaysus where do I start? Since Louth beat Tipp down in Semple to clinch promotion the Wee County has gone backwards. After that they have lost four of the next five matches. Yesterday it seemed that the Louth players did not want to be playing out there. It was like that were thinking of their summer holidays already. Three Louth players also send off and two of them were subs. That must be a record? I don't like to be critical of the ref and their assistants but I thought that they were poor. Well done to Longford. They wanted it more. Longford's win yesterday was their biggest ever championship win over Louth and their 2-15 is also the most that they have racked up against Louth in the championship. Best of luck to them for the rest of the year. As for Louth well there is still the Junior Final to look forward to next Sunday and the minors have a great chance to reach a Leinster final. So it's not all doom and gloom. Up the Wee County!

OLLIE (Louth) - Posts: 12224 - 18/06/2017 09:59:14    2000982

Link

Replying To Greengrass:  "I won't make it Ollie . I have to go home and take the young fella to the pictures ."
Fair play to you Greengrass doing your fatherly duties. Happy Father's day to you.

OLLIE (Louth) - Posts: 12224 - 18/06/2017 10:02:58    2000984

Link

Objective for the year lads.
Stay in Div 3
We got promoted.
Win 2 cship games
We won 1.
There has been improvement in the last 2 years but I think its the manner of the defeat and the dissapointing end to the season that is most on peoples mind. Lets not be calling for the mans head just yet, let him reflect and he will make the right decision im sure. Terrible peformance yesterday, the lads simply did not want to know 1 to 15. I mean not 1 of them played well. It was awful to watch and to end your season with 3 sendings off says it all. Im sure CK did not envisage ending the year like this. To be honest the team selection and tactics in the last 2 games have been poorly executed. Good lucks lads and talk to you all next January.
An Lu Abu

joej (Louth) - Posts: 1544 - 18/06/2017 11:59:37    2001050

Link

http://www.hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=271755

in_a_bind (USA) - Posts: 62 - 18/06/2017 14:07:47    2001100

Link

We're looking for a new manager .

Greengrass (Louth) - Posts: 5137 - 18/06/2017 14:28:22    2001109

Link

We're looking for a new manager .

Greengrass (Louth) - Posts: 5137 - 18/06/2017 15:54:23    2001172

Link

Enough of your positivity Ollie pure rubbish display again humiliated in both games!!Who cares about a Mickey Mouse junior final the dubs don't even enter it it's laughable!! Now go and hibernate until February

gooch13 (Louth) - Posts: 656 - 18/06/2017 16:11:41    2001181

Link

More shi*e players, many only there to milk what they can from the county's coffers.

THE_SNAPPER (Louth) - Posts: 2016 - 18/06/2017 18:55:55    2001289

Link

Replying To GAAdundalk:  "Mouths worst manager.lads come on out of that I've seen worse days .the expectation levels of this county is incredible...they honestly are incredible... Way too high.we Dont deserve to dine at the top table, nonsense.not these players not players 10 , 20, 30,years ago no matter what older lads say. Ah yer man was a great player.we haven't won a Lenister since 1957 will you's catch a grip. Snapper wants the whole team gone...did anybody think we were gonna win a Lenister this year? Well we didn't so pretty much same result as every year ."
It costs people their hard earned money and their precious time too to watch what in fairness is pure adulterated shi*e year in year out, these people deserve better than that.

You cannot defend players who do not put in a meaningful effort when wearing their county jersey.

Most of the players need to step away too.

THE_SNAPPER (Louth) - Posts: 2016 - 18/06/2017 19:11:16    2001301

Link

Replying To THE_SNAPPER:  "It costs people their hard earned money and their precious time too to watch what in fairness is pure adulterated shi*e year in year out, these people deserve better than that.

You cannot defend players who do not put in a meaningful effort when wearing their county jersey.

Most of the players need to step away too."
Catch a grip of yourself man.if time is precious don't go...again expectations are ridiculous. I know Louth has more to offer, the players are playing with no belief.when's the last time we had a proper good county manager with proper experience??? You get what you pay forbim afraid CK has done well for a man probably out of his depth but if we want the county to make the transition to a championship team we need a great manager

GAAdundalk (Louth) - Posts: 525 - 18/06/2017 19:49:46    2001331

Link

Replying To gooch13:  "Enough of your positivity Ollie pure rubbish display again humiliated in both games!!Who cares about a Mickey Mouse junior final the dubs don't even enter it it's laughable!! Now go and hibernate until February"
Gooch13 it may be a mickey mouse Leinster junior final but it affords lads the opportunity to play in croke park with their county that they might not get with their club or at a higher level with the county. The lads have been training with the junior set up like any other set up so why begrudge them a run out in croke park. Why not get behind the lads and support them...

louthfan09 (Louth) - Posts: 103 - 18/06/2017 20:46:33    2001372

Link

Replying To GAAdundalk:  "Catch a grip of yourself man.if time is precious don't go...again expectations are ridiculous. I know Louth has more to offer, the players are playing with no belief.when's the last time we had a proper good county manager with proper experience??? You get what you pay forbim afraid CK has done well for a man probably out of his depth but if we want the county to make the transition to a championship team we need a great manager"
Who do you recommend? Who is the great manager that will float us? Is there a willing list?

in_a_bind (USA) - Posts: 62 - 18/06/2017 20:50:30    2001375

Link