Wicklow Forum

All Ireland Day

(Oldest Posts First)

Hope everyone saw the program on RTE1 last night regarding the All Ireland Day and in particular the clips with referee and players. It's no wonder David Coldrick is one of the top referees in the country. His constant communication with players and his other officials was to be admired. Every decision was explained to the players, something that is NOT done in Wicklow as far as I can see and he spoke with great respect to them also. I think in general, the players also gave him quite a lot of respect back for this. Umpires and linesmen were a massive help, and a perfect example of what needs to be done here in Wicklow. "Give respect, get respect", it works both ways.

neutralfan (Wicklow) - Posts: 204 - 10/11/2015 17:13:57    1806077

Link

Interesting alright. It is a fact that the higher up you so in the standards of football and hurling that the mutual respect is much more obvious. Wouldnt it be great to see in our county.

No_Drama (Wicklow) - Posts: 509 - 10/11/2015 18:47:05    1806120

Link

if we had more than 4 or 5 decent , fit referees it would be a start. the physical condititon of some refs in wicklow is a joke. some of the best refs dont get enough games. same lads doing all the finals and all the semi finals year after year . are they better than the rest of us? i dont think so

wicklowsfinest (Wicklow) - Posts: 450 - 10/11/2015 20:24:10    1806167

Link