Wexford Forum

Wexford gaa media coverage

(Oldest Posts First)

I must say im very disappointed this year with the lack of coverage for the Wexford games in the Walsh and O Byrne cups..Every other year there was great coverage on twitter by official Wexford GAA and They even had there own App/link to hear the commentary by Micheal Dwyer..I have searched the Internet and I don't even know who scored or played well today in both matches...it's very disappointing to whom is in charge of the Official Wexford gaa account on twitter...

fathermurphy (Wexford) - Posts: 298 - 15/01/2017 23:36:02    1945961

Link

The new policy to hold back information from the media, which I presume includes social media, will be negative in the long run. The public needs information in all formats. its a case now that we will only be told what they want us to know. Not healthy or possible in modern society.

camper2 (Wexford) - Posts: 5 - 17/01/2017 14:36:26    1946328

Link

While not exactly the same topic I see The Hogan Stand team of the week picked a kilkenny man for raising 13 white flags against Antrim (most of which were from placed balls) and not a mention of Paul Morris who scored 2 goals and three points (2:2 from play) and contibuted to other scores against Carlow. A typical example of the hero worshiping that goes on in the media. I'm just wondering what criteria was used to pick their team.

gminor (Wexford) - Posts: 487 - 17/01/2017 18:52:29    1946456

Link

If we are successful on the field, the media can't ignore us. You must remember that in the media there will be biases anyway - so called 'experts' believe their opinion matters more than others when of course it never does...papers are printed with certain agendas in mind etc. We shouldn't be looking for recognition anyway in January, If we win a league, Leinster or All Ireland, those achievements will speak for themselves and we won't need any backslapping.

Sliotharyslope (Wexford) - Posts: 134 - 18/01/2017 08:27:19    1946563

Link

Replying To gminor:  "While not exactly the same topic I see The Hogan Stand team of the week picked a kilkenny man for raising 13 white flags against Antrim (most of which were from placed balls) and not a mention of Paul Morris who scored 2 goals and three points (2:2 from play) and contibuted to other scores against Carlow. A typical example of the hero worshiping that goes on in the media. I'm just wondering what criteria was used to pick their team."
I'm not surprised he wasn't picked...I have looked everywhere for the scores or a report on the match and can't find them...does anyone where I will get them??
Will there be any type of coverage Thursday night? This new criteria is an absolute joke....and they are wanting to promote the sport!!!!

fathermurphy (Wexford) - Posts: 298 - 18/01/2017 09:25:50    1946572

Link

best way of finding out who hurled well is to go to the matches and find out yourself.
going on thursday and hope to see as many upcoming matches for both codes as possible,not easy with 2 kids wanting attention mind!

perfect10 (Wexford) - Posts: 3929 - 18/01/2017 10:39:53    1946592

Link

Replying To perfect10:  "best way of finding out who hurled well is to go to the matches and find out yourself.
going on thursday and hope to see as many upcoming matches for both codes as possible,not easy with 2 kids wanting attention mind!"
Not easy when your not in the country!!! No need to be smart and what I said is true!

fathermurphy (Wexford) - Posts: 298 - 18/01/2017 11:48:12    1946608

Link

Replying To fathermurphy:  "Not easy when your not in the country!!! No need to be smart and what I said is true!"
County Boards don't really worry about anyone overseas unless they can think they can tap them up for a few quid. It wouldn't take much to video the game and upload to Facebook or their own website.

zinny (Wexford) - Posts: 1101 - 18/01/2017 14:00:41    1946653

Link

Replying To zinny:  "County Boards don't really worry about anyone overseas unless they can think they can tap them up for a few quid. It wouldn't take much to video the game and upload to Facebook or their own website."
Last weekend took the biscuit instead of posting videos of a few scores in both games a video was put up showing why a Dublin player got sent off

wexico15 (Wexford) - Posts: 3034 - 18/01/2017 14:59:35    1946680

Link

Fathermurphy is spot on. Modern media providers should have full and instant access to inform all gaa fans. Trying to control information in 2017 is crazy. banning media outlets will only ensure poor reporting, innacurate information and leaks of information which otherwise would be normal day to day stuff. Someone at PRO level needs to get real here.

camper2 (Wexford) - Posts: 5 - 18/01/2017 15:52:52    1946697

Link

Replying To camper2:  "Fathermurphy is spot on. Modern media providers should have full and instant access to inform all gaa fans. Trying to control information in 2017 is crazy. banning media outlets will only ensure poor reporting, innacurate information and leaks of information which otherwise would be normal day to day stuff. Someone at PRO level needs to get real here."
yes because we really need open to all access,where a slight bust up in training and a couple of punches thrown (believe me,it happens quite a lot more than ordinary joe hears) is recorded on a smart phone and all over irish independent.
liam dunne was rightly castigated on here over the years for his over the top honesty,sometimes gaa just can't win!
and being honest lads,would you want to go to hollymount to report on a walsh cup match?

perfect10 (Wexford) - Posts: 3929 - 18/01/2017 17:40:19    1946723

Link

Perhaps the answer is that we have a new PRO since mid December. Perhaps the new man is not quite into the swing of things yet

890202 (Wexford) - Posts: 1232 - 18/01/2017 18:49:03    1946740

Link

I understand whatever it is training sessions,practice matches.... players, coaches,managers want privacy to try out things...I respect that. But this is competative... and they can't even report a few scores! its a tournament I have always liked..the first tournament of the year and finding out who is new and how good they are.I think the reports of the Walsh cup are the only ones I ever read as the league and championship may be broadcasted on the radio or television..let's hope whoever does the match tracking on twitter is there tomorrow night or we get a report at least on who scored what...I'm not asking for much it's just Dublin were playing in a competitive tournament....

fathermurphy (Wexford) - Posts: 298 - 18/01/2017 22:46:26    1946819

Link

Dublin have security men at their training sessions so nobody gets into the ground

hurlorhurley (Wexford) - Posts: 1428 - 19/01/2017 09:41:14    1946875

Link