Wexford Forum

Inter County Managers

(Oldest Posts First)

What is keeping the county board in their decision about thr hurling manager?? This weekend another round of fixtures will go by with no definite manager in place. If they want to keep Dunne so be it but a decision needs to be made soon.

The delay with the football is hard to fathom also. The only name that I have heard mentioned is Kevin Kehoe, are there other realistic targets or candidates?

I really believe if a new man is coming in, especially from outside the county if thats the case, they need to go view club games, as many as possible!!!

hurler101 (Wexford) - Posts: 467 - 10/08/2016 12:46:22    1899354

Link

trust me there will be no outside manager appointed to any of teams from what i hear

Stmunnsriver (Wexford) - Posts: 2011 - 11/08/2016 13:22:32    1899857

Link

Replying To Stmunnsriver:  "trust me there will be no outside manager appointed to any of teams from what i hear"
so tell us who in the running den

gusseraneman (Wexford) - Posts: 521 - 11/08/2016 15:14:28    1899936

Link

Dunne will remain in charge, with Jason Ryan taking back over the footballers

shamedmodelman (Wexford) - Posts: 42 - 11/08/2016 15:27:57    1899943

Link

Jason Ryan would be a very bad move for the county. Where is this coming from?

icehonesty (Wexford) - Posts: 2487 - 11/08/2016 16:55:43    1900001

Link

I think Jason Ryan would be good, Kevin Kehoe also another possibility

castletownman (Wexford) - Posts: 249 - 11/08/2016 20:40:01    1900069

Link

Replying To icehonesty:  "Jason Ryan would be a very bad move for the county. Where is this coming from?"
How would it be a bad move?

hurlorhurley (Wexford) - Posts: 1428 - 12/08/2016 10:51:24    1900205

Link

Jason with the right team around him would be an excellent appointment, great man manager, organiser, communicator.

scorthyman (Wexford) - Posts: 57 - 12/08/2016 12:17:18    1900248

Link

Jason Ryan would be bad for the county in every way except short term, just as he was before.

During his term in charge he stuck with the same core group of players and had no view to the future. By the time Aidan O'Brien came into the job, the county team needed a complete overhaul. Even those who were at an age where they could have been of value to the team, guys like Collie Byrne, Ciaran Deely, Adrian Morrissey, etc were fed up of intercounty football at that stage and stopped playing county football in their 20's. O'Brien was on a hiding to nothing and in his two years was forced to give championship debuts to, I think, something in the region of 17 players. Ryan had no view to the future, and as an outside manager why would he have had. He left us with an old team, brought through only 3 players from O'Briens u-21 team which was narrowly beaten in Wexford Park in 2008- Shane Roche, Daithi Waters and Ben Brosnan. A poor return from such a good team. Kevin Kehoe's victorious under-21 team in 2011 had zero players on the Wexford team in 2011 and 2012 just one (Carty), again very poor and no eye to the future.

If Ryan did take the Wexford job, I believe it would be for a two year stint until he boosted his CV to take another bigger job. He wouldn't develop any new players and after he had moved on we'd be back where we are now, or worse off.

It is time for a new man to take over the team and I believe Kevin Kehoe is the right man for the job. His CV from within the county is excellent, he has given years with underage county teams and has been successful.

icehonesty (Wexford) - Posts: 2487 - 12/08/2016 12:47:22    1900264

Link

Sorry I meant Ryan taking over the hurlers!

scorthyman (Wexford) - Posts: 57 - 12/08/2016 13:11:43    1900277

Link

Replying To icehonesty:  "Jason Ryan would be bad for the county in every way except short term, just as he was before.

During his term in charge he stuck with the same core group of players and had no view to the future. By the time Aidan O'Brien came into the job, the county team needed a complete overhaul. Even those who were at an age where they could have been of value to the team, guys like Collie Byrne, Ciaran Deely, Adrian Morrissey, etc were fed up of intercounty football at that stage and stopped playing county football in their 20's. O'Brien was on a hiding to nothing and in his two years was forced to give championship debuts to, I think, something in the region of 17 players. Ryan had no view to the future, and as an outside manager why would he have had. He left us with an old team, brought through only 3 players from O'Briens u-21 team which was narrowly beaten in Wexford Park in 2008- Shane Roche, Daithi Waters and Ben Brosnan. A poor return from such a good team. Kevin Kehoe's victorious under-21 team in 2011 had zero players on the Wexford team in 2011 and 2012 just one (Carty), again very poor and no eye to the future.

If Ryan did take the Wexford job, I believe it would be for a two year stint until he boosted his CV to take another bigger job. He wouldn't develop any new players and after he had moved on we'd be back where we are now, or worse off.

It is time for a new man to take over the team and I believe Kevin Kehoe is the right man for the job. His CV from within the county is excellent, he has given years with underage county teams and has been successful."
Kevin Kehoe ? Are you for real? He won an under 21 with a decent set of players, he has won stuff with Good Counsel with very good teams. He is a sound fella and a great football man but his man management skills for an inter county senior team would be way off the mark. He would not be up on modern training programmes and would not be able to manage the whole set up properly.
The contenders so far from what I hear are Jason Ryan and John Nolan. Don't know whether either are interested in the job but they seem to be the names being mentioned

hurlorhurley (Wexford) - Posts: 1428 - 16/08/2016 10:26:40    1901632

Link

Replying To hurlorhurley:  "Kevin Kehoe ? Are you for real? He won an under 21 with a decent set of players, he has won stuff with Good Counsel with very good teams. He is a sound fella and a great football man but his man management skills for an inter county senior team would be way off the mark. He would not be up on modern training programmes and would not be able to manage the whole set up properly.
The contenders so far from what I hear are Jason Ryan and John Nolan. Don't know whether either are interested in the job but they seem to be the names being mentioned"
you can add three ex players to the running as a joint manager ticket . red barry , david murphy and colm morris.

gusseraneman (Wexford) - Posts: 521 - 16/08/2016 11:52:45    1901698

Link

Kevin Kehoe ? Are you for real? He won an under 21 with a decent set of players, he has won stuff with Good Counsel with very good teams. He is a sound fella and a great football man but his man management skills for an inter county senior team would be way off the mark. He would not be up on modern training programmes and would not be able to manage the whole set up properly.
The contenders so far from what I hear are Jason Ryan and John Nolan. Don't know whether either are interested in the job but they seem to be the names being mentioned
hurlorhurley (Wexford)

That's such a poor response. We've had plenty of "decent set of players" at under-21 and they won nothing. Kevin won with them. "Good Counsel with very good teams" - again, they were good because Kehoe and Aidan O'Brien made them good. What evidence have you that his "man management skills for an inter county senior team would be way off the mark"? He would be far more a players man than say O'Brien was and to say he wouldn't be up on modern training programmes is laughable. Jason Ryan would be a backwards move. And John Nolan? Give him another 5 years to build his CV and he might be in with a chance of the big job.

icehonesty (Wexford) - Posts: 2487 - 17/08/2016 20:49:30    1902473

Link

Replying To icehonesty:  "Kevin Kehoe ? Are you for real? He won an under 21 with a decent set of players, he has won stuff with Good Counsel with very good teams. He is a sound fella and a great football man but his man management skills for an inter county senior team would be way off the mark. He would not be up on modern training programmes and would not be able to manage the whole set up properly.
hurlorhurley (Wexford)

That's such a poor response. We've had plenty of "decent set of players" at under-21 and they won nothing. Kevin won with them. "Good Counsel with very good teams" - again, they were good because Kehoe and Aidan O'Brien made them good. What evidence have you that his "man management skills for an inter county senior team would be way off the mark"? He would be far more a players man than say O'Brien was and to say he wouldn't be up on modern training programmes is laughable. Jason Ryan would be a backwards move. And John Nolan? Give him another 5 years to build his CV and he might be in with a chance of the big job."
Hey icehonesty
I'm kingdomboy1 how are you?
You started a thread about my county on the hoganstand main page on the 31/07/16 .
You said that you never seen any team foul as much as Kerry and I asked you do we foul more or as much as everyother top 4 teams which you said you tought we did , and I suggested was our tackling maybe a bit lazy and clumsy where you said no that Kerry were the most cynical team in the football championship , when I asked you to produce stats and proof of your claim you disappeared from the main page, so I'm asking you to prove you're not a WUM and come back an back up you're claims or withdraw them like a good fella.

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 12856 - 26/08/2016 04:33:08    1906159

Link

Replying To KingdomBoy1:  "
Replying To icehonesty:  "Kevin Kehoe ? Are you for real? He won an under 21 with a decent set of players, he has won stuff with Good Counsel with very good teams. He is a sound fella and a great football man but his man management skills for an inter county senior team would be way off the mark. He would not be up on modern training programmes and would not be able to manage the whole set up properly.
hurlorhurley (Wexford)

That's such a poor response. We've had plenty of "decent set of players" at under-21 and they won nothing. Kevin won with them. "Good Counsel with very good teams" - again, they were good because Kehoe and Aidan O'Brien made them good. What evidence have you that his "man management skills for an inter county senior team would be way off the mark"? He would be far more a players man than say O'Brien was and to say he wouldn't be up on modern training programmes is laughable. Jason Ryan would be a backwards move. And John Nolan? Give him another 5 years to build his CV and he might be in with a chance of the big job."
Hey icehonesty
I'm kingdomboy1 how are you?
You started a thread about my county on the hoganstand main page on the 31/07/16 .
You said that you never seen any team foul as much as Kerry and I asked you do we foul more or as much as everyother top 4 teams which you said you tought we did , and I suggested was our tackling maybe a bit lazy and clumsy where you said no that Kerry were the most cynical team in the football championship , when I asked you to produce stats and proof of your claim you disappeared from the main page, so I'm asking you to prove you're not a WUM and come back an back up you're claims or withdraw them like a good fella."
kerry by far the dirtiest team in the country , now like a good fella stick to your page and feck off thanks

gusseraneman (Wexford) - Posts: 521 - 26/08/2016 10:43:32    1906227

Link