Wexford Forum

Fixtures committee at it again!!!

(Oldest Posts First)

I see the fixtures committee have out done themselves this week! After last weeks positively forward thinking by sending each club an email stating the following 3 weekends fixtures depending on the result of the Wexford senior hurling team.

Possible outcomes covered by email;
1. Wexford win and play semi on 10th August
Rd 4 football championships to be played (except clubs with senior inter county players)

2. Wexford win and play semi on 17th August
All unfinished round 3 hurling to be played weekend of 3rd August

3. Wexford lose
-All unfinished round 3 hurling to be played weekend of 3rd August
-Round 4 hurling to be played weekend of 10th August
-Round 4 football to be played weekend of 17th.

This in my opinion was a great piece of foresight by the fixtures committee... Pity the made a balls of that by fixing 4th round games this weekend the 3rd, completely different to what clubs had been told.

I know this might seem small but I know players involved with the team I'm involved with organised to work this weekend (to make sure they were available for next weekend 10th for round 4) as they have already played round 3 hurling and we're not to play until then. Then typical fixtures come out Monday night stating that we play this weekend. This has caused consternation with us as we will be seriously depleted by players unable to rechange work. This is a disgrace. I also know 2 other clubs that are shook by this change. Why bother send out previous email if they just change to suit themselves (or whoever). Ok rant over

tippwexman (Wexford) - Posts: 14 - 30/07/2014 13:55:44    1628465

Link

So it's hurling this weekend. What's happening the following weekend then have they said. Weekend of 9th?

freshoh (Wexford) - Posts: 131 - 30/07/2014 15:52:33    1628556

Link

It was supposed to be round 4 hurling but god knows what they'll fix...

tippwexman (Wexford) - Posts: 14 - 30/07/2014 21:29:17    1628745

Link