Wexford Forum

Wexford v Waterford

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

what a night in kilkenny,and a huge crowd again lets hope we get a big crowd to thurles next weekend i have no doubt we will,
the wides tally in the end were only disappointment for me,considering we hadnt hit any until the 29th minute,have
to sharpen up on that we wont always get away with it,but for now enjoy another week in the championship and on
to thurles

patsyrowntree (Wexford) - Posts: 10 - 20/07/2014 11:03:17    1621799

Link

Well done Wexford. Congrats.

LohansRedHelmet (Clare) - Posts: 2031 - 20/07/2014 11:15:26    1621804

Link

Wow! What a night in KK.
Think the most satisfying aspects were how different players picked up on their recent pdrformances to get us over the line and never panicked when we went behind midway thru 2nd half.
Let's have more of the same in Thurles.
Great times for long suffering supporters both older like me, but especially the younger who haven't had a lot to cheer about in their time.
Last few weeks just goes to show the ferocious appetite for success and to follow the Yella-bellies!

Dirk (Wexford) - Posts: 65 - 20/07/2014 11:33:51    1621812

Link

Pinkie's post is spot on. However I think Richie McCarthy can be got at next Sunday?

Dirk (Wexford) - Posts: 65 - 20/07/2014 11:37:33    1621814

Link

great stuff. good point from pinkie about different players coming to the fore is a great sign.id say rossi is probably in trouble for next week which would be huge loss. felt a bit sorry for willie deveraux last night, was a big ask to come in to that cauldron. anyone else think that harry kehoe was a little unlucky to be subbed in first half ? didnt think he did a whole lot wrong. having said that o keeffe seems to be very effective coming off the bench. cant wait for thurles encounter with limerick now.

peter147 (Wexford) - Posts: 553 - 20/07/2014 11:52:55    1621823

Link

Wonderful night in Kilkenny last night. Myself as a young supporter am too young to remember the glory days of 96 , these are great days after the barren last ten years. The lads showed passion and a never say die attitude that is wonderful to see. I thaught Morris and MacDonald were particularly outstanding. On we go to Thurles for a huge game against Limerick. I think we will even have to step it up another notch from the performance last night as we again drove bad wides at times. We must get the ball into the full forward line as quickly as possible as Mac nd McGovern are both lethal in there. Any one hear about Rossiters injury he is badly needed for the next day.Finally I would plead to all Wexford supporters to travel to Thurles and drive the lads onto a All Ireland semi final. The support last night was special and I'm sure it gives the players a massive lift to here that Wexford roar!!

Afinestick (Wexford) - Posts: 404 - 20/07/2014 12:25:07    1621831

Link

Pinkie
Limerick like most Munster teams will probably look down their noses at us and think this is an easy game for them but I honestly believe if we have it in the legs to keep it going for 1 more week then we can win this game!

Pinkie you must be mistaken Limerick with our fellow munster men cork,no looking down our noses at wexford our anyone else for that matter

someday (Limerick) - Posts: 1093 - 20/07/2014 13:56:18    1621856

Link

Pinkie, you are listening to Davy Fitz too much. Limerick, of all counties cant look down their noses at anyone.
Wexford will be overwhelming favourites next week. They have knocked out the reigning champs and it was no fluke.
They have also virtually shrugged Waterford aside, a team that led Cork by 9 points in that drawn game 6 weeks ago, when actually they should have been 13-14 points ahead before the Cork comeback. And that's a Cork team that beat Limerick by 6.

hamstring (Limerick) - Posts: 314 - 20/07/2014 16:02:38    1621940

Link

I was sort of half joking half serious, but perfect10's trip to the Limerick page reinforced my view.....but may the best team win!

Pinkie (Wexford) - Posts: 4100 - 21/07/2014 15:49:11    1623093

Link