Wexford Forum

Leinster champions 2014?

(Oldest Posts First)

14/1 in Paddy Power to win Leinster, strongly considering throwing a few quid on ye. Wise choice or waste of money. Am I reading too much in to the Dublin and Clare games this summer?

Brianmac78 (Dublin) - Posts: 1168 - 11/11/2013 21:16:33    1512370

Link

I will gladly give you odds of 140/1 on that mate, better chance if we fielded the camogie team! run in the qualifiers our best bet as the so called "big 3" will never be as bad again in the same year. Missed the boat in 2013 when we passed up 2 golden opportunities to beat bigger counties, won't get that chance again IMO.

Rumbles (Wexford) - Posts: 20 - 12/11/2013 14:52:08    1512626

Link

I'll take you up on that 140/1 there rumbles. Betfair? After this year, I think anything is possible. We've to beat Antrim/Laois, Dublin (we will be at home for this) and whoever comes through the other side, 14-1 seems short odds for that path though. I wouldnt mortgage the house on it though a small bet might not be the worst one.
But having said that, I do think we will be better next year again and are definitely improving. Is a Leinster title beyond this team? Wouldnt say definitely, but I didnt think Clare would win All-Ireland, Limerick would win Munster, Dublin would win Leinster, this year either. Also some of the minor/U21's will start coming through this year so I have high hopes for this team. But when is the farce that is the league due to be sorted out?

Pinkie (Wexford) - Posts: 4100 - 12/11/2013 17:19:27    1512752

Link

Kilkenny to bounce back better than ever with Dublin and galway the main challengers in football it's Dublin all the way fear for us now retirements are hitting us hard

hurlorhurley (Wexford) - Posts: 1428 - 12/11/2013 20:00:55    1512857

Link

If it was 1/2 years down the line I would be all over that. But this year can't see it Dublin have a taste of victory which can spur them on and can't see Kk and Galway being as bad\off again this year and as for our two matches against Dublin and Clare remember we were damn lucky to get out of wexford park against Carlow. So a little perspective is needed.

As for football I don't think the retirements will hurt us as much as people think tbh red had a v.bad year by his standards last year. (Put to much pressure on himself as captain IMHO) and David Murphy although my fav servant to wexford was a liability in Croker when ran at hope to good O Brien sees sense and tries Molloy at cb way to good a footballer for fb

wexcore (Wexford) - Posts: 736 - 12/11/2013 21:41:15    1512933

Link