Wexford Forum

PA System For Wexford Park

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

I think we can all come up with a long list of "nice to do" projects but our bottom line should be: what improves our teams, our ability to compete and gives the greatest bang per buck? I'd suggest, given the Irish climate, that a full-size 4G pitch, maybe in the centre of excellence, should be the main infrastructural priority as it could allow teams to train no matter the weather and, crucially, could facilitate the playing of club championship matches even when there's been a fortnight of rain and every club ground in the county is saturated. A project like that would cost in the region of €1million but could be of potential benefit to every one of the 49 clubs in the county plus all our county squads. Better to spend money on that than worrying too much about installing plastic bucket seats for sellout matches which, let's face it, happen very rarely.

UncleJunior (Wexford) - Posts: 25 - 13/06/2019 08:57:32    2194250

Link

Replying To UncleJunior:  "I think we can all come up with a long list of "nice to do" projects but our bottom line should be: what improves our teams, our ability to compete and gives the greatest bang per buck? I'd suggest, given the Irish climate, that a full-size 4G pitch, maybe in the centre of excellence, should be the main infrastructural priority as it could allow teams to train no matter the weather and, crucially, could facilitate the playing of club championship matches even when there's been a fortnight of rain and every club ground in the county is saturated. A project like that would cost in the region of €1million but could be of potential benefit to every one of the 49 clubs in the county plus all our county squads. Better to spend money on that than worrying too much about installing plastic bucket seats for sellout matches which, let's face it, happen very rarely."
Ya I agree with you. This would be far better spend. In fairness there seems to have been a big investment in GPOs in recent years but an all weather pitch is defintely needed.

Groundball (Wexford) - Posts: 100 - 13/06/2019 10:25:18    2194275

Link

we can do both in my view.things like portaloos aren't cheap to hire and i know this from organising a few events. you wouldnt be long hitting the same cost of building a half decent permanent toilet.
i also think floodlights for wexford park need to be a priority as we lost eir sport revenue this year because we dont have them

perfect10 (Wexford) - Posts: 3929 - 14/06/2019 14:52:45    2194880

Link

Was well impressed with upgrade to PA system- Well done Wexford Gaa

Wexinkk (Wexford) - Posts: 9 - 16/06/2019 13:51:11    2195726

Link

Replying To perfect10:  "we can do both in my view.things like portaloos aren't cheap to hire and i know this from organising a few events. you wouldnt be long hitting the same cost of building a half decent permanent toilet.
i also think floodlights for wexford park need to be a priority as we lost eir sport revenue this year because we dont have them"
eir sport revenue?? It would cost a lot more to put the floodlights up! I can't imagine the county board would get much just because the game is on eir sports.

logger (Wexford) - Posts: 255 - 17/06/2019 11:46:17    2196350

Link

Yeah good job on the PA system, massive improvement

StoreysTash (Wexford) - Posts: 1094 - 17/06/2019 12:08:38    2196376

Link

If Bellefield was given a little investment in terms of improving the seating on both sides, but particularly the grassy bank side, then it could easily be turned into a very neat 6000/7000 capacity stadium. And the pitch surface is far more suitable for floodlight games. Wexford park pitch I don't believe would withstand too many January floodlight games

890202 (Wexford) - Posts: 1232 - 17/06/2019 12:09:15    2196377

Link

Replying To 890202:  "If Bellefield was given a little investment in terms of improving the seating on both sides, but particularly the grassy bank side, then it could easily be turned into a very neat 6000/7000 capacity stadium. And the pitch surface is far more suitable for floodlight games. Wexford park pitch I don't believe would withstand too many January floodlight games"
I agree with you there pal. I have often thought the same, i remember the good old days when we use to play league matches there:-)

logger (Wexford) - Posts: 255 - 17/06/2019 12:18:49    2196390

Link

Replying To 890202:  "If Bellefield was given a little investment in terms of improving the seating on both sides, but particularly the grassy bank side, then it could easily be turned into a very neat 6000/7000 capacity stadium. And the pitch surface is far more suitable for floodlight games. Wexford park pitch I don't believe would withstand too many January floodlight games"
Did Bellefield not receive a significant grant from Leinster Council to build a seated area on the bank with the sole intention of it been a second county ground?

MyOhMi (Wexford) - Posts: 79 - 17/06/2019 16:27:52    2196628

Link