Tipperary Forum

Tactics!

(Oldest Posts First)

At least Tipp succeeded with one of their tactics last Sun. Their dangerous play got Michael Rice off the field with a very seriously injured hand. This injury will also see him miss the final and be out of hurling for quite a while. Kilkenny are always being demonised for this type of thing but I can't remember any time lately when one of their opponents had to leave the field injured as a result of dangerous play. Close to the edge? Well over it I'd say.

Ashwielder (Carlow) - Posts: 93 - 21/08/2012 11:00:06    1249060

Link

Ah will you stop talkin such tripe ashwielder! The incident where Rice got injured happens in every match n probably similar stuff happened on a few occasions Sunday. It's unfortunate he got injured but that happens! Maher tried to block his man over the line, maybe bit more physically than normal but not dirty! Tipps problem is that they are not physical enough never mind being dirty!

If we were to apply your logic that an individual incident makes a team dirty then KK are filthy, Richie hogan got sent off v limerick, John dalton kicked McCormack to d ground n kneed him in d head last year, tommy Walsh has gotten more bookings for wild pullin than he has points......sure he even spilt the ref last year!

BTW I don't think KK are dirty I just pointing out a few incidents to shut u up! It's a tough sport n if tipp were willing to be tougher n go toe to toe they would have had a better chance but your comment is absolute nonsense!

semplestadium (Tipperary) - Posts: 146 - 21/08/2012 14:29:20    1249226

Link

I wouldnt be too disheartened about the result I feel Kilkenny are an outstanding team and if Tipp get things together there's another all ireland in them coming from a Limerick background i'd be happy to avoid ye next year. Fine Minor team and some of them will come into senior set up not to mention the the 21s who performed very well. Great to see William Maher successful with minors top man.

cland (Limerick) - Posts: 229 - 21/08/2012 17:00:18    1249374

Link

Well at least as a result of the tactics employed by Tipp Lar Corbett kept Tommy Walsh scoreless for the whole match ! Priceless

thirty1 (Dublin) - Posts: 161 - 21/08/2012 17:03:49    1249380

Link

Tactics or no tactics tipp did not match kks hunger for victory last sunday, the forwards took the soft option several times in the first half, shooting for points rather than running at the kk backs and creating goal chances. Whatever training they were doing i dont know, but to see henry shefflin SPRINTING away from two tipp backs to set up the goal begs the question, would tipp have an all ireland in 2010 if he didnt go off injured?

dontknow (Galway) - Posts: 262 - 21/08/2012 20:37:59    1249564

Link

semplestadium ,what about mahers pull across TJ Reid. I suppose that happens in every match too.Listen there is pulling with one hand and pulling with one hand but maher was totally out of line on sunday.Michael Rice has broken bones and damaged tendons in his hand.There was definite intent there. you can toughen up a team no problem, it involves hard tackling and intensity . not pulling across lads purposly with hurls.

standtall (Wexford) - Posts: 7 - 22/08/2012 08:43:21    1249637

Link

BTW I don't think Tipp are a dirty team either semplestadium. They just went completely away from type last Sunday whatever or whoever got into their heads. As for the Maher/Rice incident he certainly was not trying to block his man over the line. It was a dangerous swing of the hurl with little intent to play the ball and you can see the result. You mention other incidents that Kilkenny players were involved in in previous games like the Dalton incident in last year's league final. Well if you remember he was part of a well beaten team that day. Kilkenny were not fully focused on the job in hand that day. Do you see any similarity with Tipp last sunday?

Ashwielder (Carlow) - Posts: 93 - 22/08/2012 09:36:02    1249660

Link

Padraic Maher pull on T J Reid was very much like Benny Dunnes
pull on Tommy in the 2010 all ireland

4bythenore (Kilkenny) - Posts: 360 - 22/08/2012 12:52:05    1249806

Link

Ashwielder, standtall, I stand corrected. I was at the match n didn't have the stomach to watch it again...... Just looked up d incident and unfortunately it was a dangerous pull and all I can hope is that there was no intent! Like I said its very unfortunate for Rice!

At the match I thought it was an incident where maher blocked rice over the line n rice got a free! Apologies.

Still think tipp were distracted by the panto Declan Ryan had lar playin not that they were tryin to "do" kk!

semplestadium (Tipperary) - Posts: 146 - 24/08/2012 13:48:15    1251094

Link