Kerry Forum

Marc O'Se

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Plus that's not to mention 2017 minors which by everything I've heard is the best minor team to ever play the game.

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 12171 - 30/10/2016 02:47:27    1930122

Link

Replying To Horsebox77:  "I don;t know I was talking to a mate in Dublin who is also involved in underage football and I was hopping off him that when this current panel breaks up there are not many minor or U21 players coming through in key positions in particular between the sticks, I was making a compelling argument regarding our underage structure and the knock on success regarding the 3 in a row winning minor panels I was drilling the point panels as the team has constantly evolved over the 3 years with every year bring different stars, I was praising the likes of Whelan and Galvin as development squad leaders and the work done by the many GDA's all over the county - he pulled the rug on me though our Development squads really kick in at U15 level.... he informed that players ate cherry picked at U12 level and go into county development training at that age level..... that''s seriously early.... are the county board above really kicking in the development squad levels at U12?

If so ye are really pushing the boat out and getting players to a certain level really early in their development...

As for the county page sometimes I get disillusioned after reading it, I love a gaa discussion and debate more than anyone however I have no time for wums just on stirring the shyte ... there are a fair of ye true gaa heads who I respect but sometime a good genuine thread gets hijacked by twats that's when I just lose the love for it and log out..."
Good post horse.

cuederocket (Dublin) - Posts: 5084 - 31/10/2016 20:36:05    1930506

Link

Replying To Horsebox77:  "I don;t know I was talking to a mate in Dublin who is also involved in underage football and I was hopping off him that when this current panel breaks up there are not many minor or U21 players coming through in key positions in particular between the sticks, I was making a compelling argument regarding our underage structure and the knock on success regarding the 3 in a row winning minor panels I was drilling the point panels as the team has constantly evolved over the 3 years with every year bring different stars, I was praising the likes of Whelan and Galvin as development squad leaders and the work done by the many GDA's all over the county - he pulled the rug on me though our Development squads really kick in at U15 level.... he informed that players ate cherry picked at U12 level and go into county development training at that age level..... that''s seriously early.... are the county board above really kicking in the development squad levels at U12?

If so ye are really pushing the boat out and getting players to a certain level really early in their development...

As for the county page sometimes I get disillusioned after reading it, I love a gaa discussion and debate more than anyone however I have no time for wums just on stirring the shyte ... there are a fair of ye true gaa heads who I respect but sometime a good genuine thread gets hijacked by twats that's when I just lose the love for it and log out..."
As for the Dublin development squads at U12,i cannot say if there is or not horse.I know nothing of that side of things.Even if they do start that early is there much of an advantage (if any) over starting the development squads at U15 (as ye do) ?I'm not sure there would be.I'm not a member of a club anymore (since i hung up the boots for St Pats Palmerstown donkeys years ago) and dont have any kids that would keep me up to date on that side of things.

cuederocket (Dublin) - Posts: 5084 - 31/10/2016 20:47:37    1930509

Link