Kerry Forum

2014 Kerry SHC

(Oldest Posts First)

Lads and Lassies, how come there's no discussion about the Kerry Senior Hurling Championship on here?

Is it mostly people from footballing areas using this site or are there any else from hurling stock like myself?

Anyway, its good to have the hurling underway and lets hope its a great championship. Delighted that Crotta have managed to re-enter a team, real buzz down in village as weekend approached and what a way to announce your return, a fantastic win against Abbeydorney on Sunday.

They did us proud and I hope they can take another scalp before the end, with players of Shane Nolan's calibre on your team you always have a chance!

TheHermit (Kerry) - Posts: 6337 - 21/07/2014 15:05:52    1623028

Link

I'm from football country but I do take in hurling games as well. There's a history of divisional teams in the county in football. All lads within the county should have the option to hurl as well. Divisional teams from current non-hurling areas should be entered into the county leagues and championships.

legendzxix (Kerry) - Posts: 6272 - 27/07/2014 15:32:34    1626518

Link

You should be trying to get Paul Galvin to play for the county next year now that's hes quit the football. He would be a huge boost to the panel with his strength and conditioning and it would be a big profile boost also. Having a National icon and legend involved on the hurling panel would give you a massive further incentive to play. Wasnt Hurling his first love anyway?

preddan (Kildare) - Posts: 559 - 04/08/2014 15:28:13    1631284

Link