Kerry Forum

Munster Final Kerry V Cork

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

o leary has been tried over and over again .its time too let him be ..he is a good club footballer ..as for the STAR coming back on too the starting 15 .lets not do it

we have other options in there curtin being one .he is fast and strong .and bring on the STAR if it does not work out .he is better coming off the bench these

days and killarney proved that ..going on past it is best we get a strong Q.F team ie tryrone...donegal and i think we can beat them as we are in a far better position

than last year ..dont no about geaney even before his injury ..one last comment the way the monaghan player went in for the ball with mchugh of donegal

last sunday it was a 60..40 ball that the monaghan man had no right too win but he did they played that way all through the game ..we dont seem too want it

bad enough in kerry ..paul galvin aside

traleegerry (Kerry) - Posts: 653 - 26/07/2013 11:40:39    1442939

Link

traleegerry: County: Kerry: Have to Concur completely, I think if O'DOnoghue is in traouble and dosen't start whe have to be looking at Curtin, that of go with a 2 man inside line with SHeehan starting at a third midfielder... it;'s horses for courses though lads.

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - Posts: 5002 - 26/07/2013 12:21:12    1443002

Link

There are a few posters on here who have great respect for Patrick Curtin who is a fine player indeed. I respect everyone's opinion of course but anyone who thinks that Curtin is likely to get a starting place ahead of Star at the moment is mistaken. Curtin has pace out to a ball o.k., But does not have a sidestep or a dummy in his game. He is a good way back in the pecking order - at the moment. I know if I was inside full back (or corner back) which one I would not want to see coming towards me before the throw-in. Curtin's time will come but not just yet. I.m.o.

Cromdubh (Kerry) - Posts: 25 - 26/07/2013 14:46:03    1443170

Link

Well folks.. Cavan is it a good or bad draw for us? on one side it could be an ideal test for an "so called aging team" up against fresh and eager legs, they play a very fast and ball movement game a bit like a soccer team playing on the break, very similar in a way to Dublin with all coming from the half back which is loaded with bodies, It's a bit hard to call the other quarters, even though Dublin are favourites one would not be exactly surprised if Cork beat them, Monaghan and Tyrone is similar as is Mayo and Donegal, Will fitz stick with the same 15, we know O'Donoghue is out will he go for Star or some one with legs to run, similar will O'Mahoney be risked if not fully fit. I take it there was an A vs B game today any feedback there from it lads?

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - Posts: 5002 - 27/07/2013 21:25:40    1444130

Link