Louth Forum

Louth Championship Draws 2021:

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To GAAdundalk:  "Yer man reilly was reporting it on twitter, seems Brides got the game called off last night and not covid related.

Mentioned that someone made the decision over the CCCs head so maybe they felt their positions were undermined because Stephen Murphy walked also"
Typical Louth crack , game should of went ahead at that stage but it's not the first game to be called of this year for nonsense reasons

Suitcase (Louth) - Posts: 47 - 25/07/2021 22:34:20    2364111

Link

I'm fed up with this my own club have been fecked around this year and fielded weakened teams when lads injured or not available would of been easier to postpone but fielded all the same and would find it impossible to get a game off or moved so I'm not sure how any club can get a game cancelled when CCC didn't approve.

N08CUTN (Mayo) - Posts: 290 - 26/07/2021 08:54:23    2364165

Link

Replying To GAAdundalk:  "Yer man reilly was reporting it on twitter, seems Brides got the game called off last night and not covid related.

Mentioned that someone made the decision over the CCCs head so maybe they felt their positions were undermined because Stephen Murphy walked also"
Wouldn't mind what that lad says he likes to hear his own voice and he's always right no other opinion matters!!!

Anlubuchaill (Louth) - Posts: 314 - 26/07/2021 12:48:44    2364257

Link

Wouldn't mind what that lad says he likes to hear his own voice and he's always right off course!!

Anlubuchaill (Louth) - Posts: 314 - 26/07/2021 12:53:22    2364258

Link

Still unclear as to why the Brides made the decision not to play the game on Sunday? We're told it's not covid related, we're told they were given the option by the CCC to reschedule their game as they would be without their dual players but they refused it. Something very wrong with the County Board if a club can bypass the CCC and get a game postponed under sketchy circumstances. The Brides are fielding 3 adult teams this year - they're not short of players!

McLean and Murphy are a big loss to Louth GAA, the CCC had never been run as well in my time. I remain of the opinion though that clubs have too much power in regards scheduling of fixtures. Calendars should be set at the start of the year and played through without hesitation. A starred system should be put in place to sort out the issue of county football participation. Perhaps a true split season next year will solve some of the problem

Mesut (Louth) - Posts: 58 - 26/07/2021 13:02:43    2364262

Link

Replying To Anlubuchaill:  "Wouldn't mind what that lad says he likes to hear his own voice and he's always right off course!!"
Well what other reason could they give thats not covid and not a death.

The league is quickly going down the drain with these shenanigans

GAAdundalk (Louth) - Posts: 626 - 26/07/2021 15:26:13    2364320

Link

Replying To GAAdundalk:  "Well what other reason could they give thats not covid and not a death.

The league is quickly going down the drain with these shenanigans"
Ah I know it's a pure farce at this stage. And I think it's already gone down the drain can't see them being finished this year. All it will take is another mini lockdown to really finish them once & for all. Championship will be under threat too

Anlubuchaill (Louth) - Posts: 314 - 26/07/2021 17:30:33    2364376

Link

Replying To Mesut:  "Still unclear as to why the Brides made the decision not to play the game on Sunday? We're told it's not covid related, we're told they were given the option by the CCC to reschedule their game as they would be without their dual players but they refused it. Something very wrong with the County Board if a club can bypass the CCC and get a game postponed under sketchy circumstances. The Brides are fielding 3 adult teams this year - they're not short of players!

McLean and Murphy are a big loss to Louth GAA, the CCC had never been run as well in my time. I remain of the opinion though that clubs have too much power in regards scheduling of fixtures. Calendars should be set at the start of the year and played through without hesitation. A starred system should be put in place to sort out the issue of county football participation. Perhaps a true split season next year will solve some of the problem"
Brides should be ashamed for going about the CCC and in turn making 2 men walk from their roles.

They had the opportunity the week before and they said they would play but they just didn't fancy playing the mochs so they pulled a fast one. Well done to them.

Fitzer as well completely overstepped his boundaries

Redlouth (Louth) - Posts: 73 - 30/07/2021 12:12:23    2365748

Link