Westmeath Forum

Movathon 2021

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Give them a chance. Maybe they have some pictures of prizes being awarded and need to collate it all together. Remember that the people that run these things have daily jobs and don't have all day to be working on these things. The least you as a supporter can do is support that and allow them the time to get to it. its not like you are helping in any other regard.

Meridian (Westmeath) - Posts: 511 - 19/04/2021 11:31:08    2337826

Link

Replying To Meridian:  "Give them a chance. Maybe they have some pictures of prizes being awarded and need to collate it all together. Remember that the people that run these things have daily jobs and don't have all day to be working on these things. The least you as a supporter can do is support that and allow them the time to get to it. its not like you are helping in any other regard."
I would imagine the prizes will be given out on weekend of Galway game which would be good PR.

jobber (Westmeath) - Posts: 922 - 19/04/2021 23:16:54    2337961

Link

New PRO is not in place long so maybe give her a chance to get this all together and then share the info out.

MaroonedMaroon (Westmeath) - Posts: 5 - 20/04/2021 11:29:08    2338000

Link

https://www.winahouseandcar.ie/our-plans/

Athenry camogie club in Galway seems to be doing things incredibly professionally. Laying out plans in black and white of their ultimate goals. Incredible 1st prize of a house and car. 2nd prize €5000, 3rd €2000 4th-10th €1000 each. Plus a Monthly draw of €1000 between now and main draw in December. Serious carrots being dangled to get people on board. Imagine if we did something like that. Be a lot more than 140K raised for the great plan of "toilet upgrades" and "works" in Cusack park.

The_Fonz (Westmeath) - Posts: 165 - 20/04/2021 12:32:21    2338009

Link

Replying To Matthew:  "I understand all the winners of the various prizes were contacted. Do you expect a big formal presentation..."
No, I don't think a formal presentation would be possible with Covid restrictions. Personally I thought announcing winners etc over a couple of days could have brought in a few more €€ and more PR.

Wmeath2 (Westmeath) - Posts: 112 - 20/04/2021 21:07:45    2338120

Link

Replying To Wmeath2:  "No, I don't think a formal presentation would be possible with Covid restrictions. Personally I thought announcing winners etc over a couple of days could have brought in a few more €€ and more PR."
Money is necessary lads,but has to be kept in it's place...look at the soccer now,or even the rugby. We have to keep that "x" factor that makes the gaa unique.

jfd (Westmeath) - Posts: 207 - 21/04/2021 12:34:14    2338188

Link

Be better off putting money into underage not waste it on a stand that's not needed and it's gone that bad I heard the county hurling panel had to buy their own gear which is a disgrace if raising all that money wonder did the footballers have to do that be better off selling the park and moving to outskirts of mullingar off N4 and building a centre of excellence easy access while their at it im sure they're grant's going if offaly can do it y can't we we're 20 years behind top countys and it's all how we treat underage county teams not getting gear going away seen other teams kitted out bet before they get off bus and we are wondering where are the underage teams and y we are no challenge for titles we never will with small mentality and the same people in the country board nearly the last 20 to 30 years I know one person going around teaching kids how to hurl and never held a hurl in his life and doesn't know how to hold one unbelievable carry on and will never change till we have a proper restructure and get the dead wood out.

refaball (Westmeath) - Posts: 40 - 02/05/2021 02:39:34    2339675

Link

Be better off putting money into underage not waste it on a stand that's not needed and it's gone that bad I heard the county hurling panel had to buy their own gear which is a disgrace if raising all that money wonder did the footballers have to do that be better off selling the park and moving to outskirts of mullingar off N4 and building a centre of excellence easy access while their at it im sure they're grant's going if offaly can do it y can't we we're 20 years behind top countys and it's all how we treat underage county teams not getting gear going away seen other teams kitted out bet before they get off bus and we are wondering where are the underage teams and why we are not challenging for titles we never will with small mentality and the same people in the county board nearly the last 20 to 30 years I know one person going around teaching kids how to hurl and never held a hurl in his life and doesn't know how to hold one unbelievable carry on and will never change till we have a proper restructure and get the dead wood out.

refaball (Westmeath) - Posts: 40 - 02/05/2021 02:42:23    2339676

Link

Replying To refaball:  "Be better off putting money into underage not waste it on a stand that's not needed and it's gone that bad I heard the county hurling panel had to buy their own gear which is a disgrace if raising all that money wonder did the footballers have to do that be better off selling the park and moving to outskirts of mullingar off N4 and building a centre of excellence easy access while their at it im sure they're grant's going if offaly can do it y can't we we're 20 years behind top countys and it's all how we treat underage county teams not getting gear going away seen other teams kitted out bet before they get off bus and we are wondering where are the underage teams and why we are not challenging for titles we never will with small mentality and the same people in the county board nearly the last 20 to 30 years I know one person going around teaching kids how to hurl and never held a hurl in his life and doesn't know how to hold one unbelievable carry on and will never change till we have a proper restructure and get the dead wood out."
What a load of rubbish. Dead wood? We're lucky to have great people involved. What difference would a centre of excellence make...other that taking pressure off some club facilities. Upgrade Cusack Park. Roll out the games promotion officers as already proposed. Encourage our clubs to do better. Most of the dead wood is at club level. Too many clubs not evolving and progressing.

midfield9 (Westmeath) - Posts: 64 - 02/05/2021 19:30:23    2339713

Link

Replying To refaball:  "Be better off putting money into underage not waste it on a stand that's not needed and it's gone that bad I heard the county hurling panel had to buy their own gear which is a disgrace if raising all that money wonder did the footballers have to do that be better off selling the park and moving to outskirts of mullingar off N4 and building a centre of excellence easy access while their at it im sure they're grant's going if offaly can do it y can't we we're 20 years behind top countys and it's all how we treat underage county teams not getting gear going away seen other teams kitted out bet before they get off bus and we are wondering where are the underage teams and why we are not challenging for titles we never will with small mentality and the same people in the county board nearly the last 20 to 30 years I know one person going around teaching kids how to hurl and never held a hurl in his life and doesn't know how to hold one unbelievable carry on and will never change till we have a proper restructure and get the dead wood out."
By God there is a bit of passion. Exactly what's needed. Get yourself nominated for a job I'd say there aren't that many not working hard for their clubs.

jobber (Westmeath) - Posts: 922 - 02/05/2021 19:51:11    2339715

Link

The first thing to look at in any post is what time it's posted at. That long rambling nonsensical post was sent twice in the late hours of a weekend night. The complete lack of punctuation another clue.

Claretandblue (Westmeath) - Posts: 240 - 02/05/2021 22:08:33    2339726

Link

Replying To Claretandblue:  "The first thing to look at in any post is what time it's posted at. That long rambling nonsensical post was sent twice in the late hours of a weekend night. The complete lack of punctuation another clue."
All hail Claretandblue, judge and jury of all posts on Westmeaths Hoganstand page. When posts don't match your view they don't count is that it??

The_Fonz (Westmeath) - Posts: 165 - 03/05/2021 08:36:42    2339745

Link

Just waiting for you Fonz to post a semi positive comment.

Claretandblue (Westmeath) - Posts: 240 - 03/05/2021 17:08:34    2339815

Link