Kildare Forum

Club Championship Predictions

(Oldest Posts First)

Exciting week ahead lads. What do we think for the week coming?

What's our predictions this week and what is the NAP of the weekend?

All views appreciated for a gaa acca

MatchPredictions (UK) - Posts: 24 - 28/07/2020 11:35:27    2285531

Link

Replying To MatchPredictions:  "Exciting week ahead lads. What do we think for the week coming?

All views appreciated for a gaa acca"
A tough county to bet in at club level...
Celbridge, Moorefield and Athy would be the senior teams I'd have confidence in in the senior championship
Ballyteague, Two Mile House, Ballymore and Kilcock in intermediate but there are tough draws in both competitions that I wouldn't want to choose between!

Sweetspot (Kildare) - Posts: 175 - 29/07/2020 01:16:04    2285642

Link

Replying To MatchPredictions:  "Exciting week ahead lads. What do we think for the week coming?

All views appreciated for a gaa acca"
Weekend Acca
Raheens
Larries
Moore's
Sash
Athy
Celbridge
Naas

TopOfTheLeftt (Kildare) - Posts: 1 - 30/07/2020 22:48:26    2285910

Link

Saw the Celbridge match online. Could not believe what I saw, so watched it again with a pen and paper.Here are my findings

1.Total frees 45. Moorefield got 32 to 13 for Celbridge.Seems a bit skewed for a level enough match.
2.After the first water break Moorefield got 11 frees to Celbridges 1. Moorefield scored 4 points from these frees
3. After the second half water break the free count was 6 to 1 in favour of Moorefield. (Moorefield got 2 points from these frees)
4. Across the full match Moorefield got 14 scoreable frees and scored 10. Celbridge got 3 scorable frees and scored 3.
5. Scratching my head here with those stats.

Can anybody out there enlighten me as to what went on.

upforyourballmeman (Kildare) - Posts: 1 - 27/09/2020 20:49:13    2294375

Link

Replying To upforyourballmeman:  "Saw the Celbridge match online. Could not believe what I saw, so watched it again with a pen and paper.Here are my findings

1.Total frees 45. Moorefield got 32 to 13 for Celbridge.Seems a bit skewed for a level enough match.
2.After the first water break Moorefield got 11 frees to Celbridges 1. Moorefield scored 4 points from these frees
3. After the second half water break the free count was 6 to 1 in favour of Moorefield. (Moorefield got 2 points from these frees)
4. Across the full match Moorefield got 14 scoreable frees and scored 10. Celbridge got 3 scorable frees and scored 3.

Can anybody out there enlighten me as to what went on."
At least the Celbridge lads seem to be going to do something about it and fair play to them.

Crinigan (Meath) - Posts: 768 - 30/09/2020 02:20:00    2294823

Link

Replying To upforyourballmeman:  "Saw the Celbridge match online. Could not believe what I saw, so watched it again with a pen and paper.Here are my findings

Can anybody out there enlighten me as to what went on."
upforyourownball, those stats are incredible you point out. And I see that some of the celbridge players are unsure if they will join up with the Kildare squad so there is a huge amount of unhappiness in relation to the referee's performance on Saturday. Obviously, a team could be award a high number of frees and it would reflect a team that was undisciplined but in this case, it would seem that Moorefield were awarded scorable frees that weren't frees and with a free taker like Eanna O'Connor\Adam Tyrrell who will score a high percentage of these frees, it is a big advantage to Moorefield.

wicklowsupport (Wicklow) - Posts: 1149 - 30/09/2020 14:47:57    2294896

Link