Longford Forum

Local Championship

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To jack99:  "From what I hear in Dublin it's now past time for the players in killoe to take control of this situation and call a meeting with the club officials who are keeping them out of football over an u16 game from last year which has never been played. Surely if what I hear is true and they were offered to have the suspension lifted if they dropped all objections and appeals to last year's u16 competition they should have agreed as obviously they have broken the rules and have been punished correctly (by rule book , tough harshly) and as such should have been happy to have suspension lifted. The person I met in the city through my work told me that killoes objections has led to 1 county chairman resignation, one referee coordinator resigning, 1 ccc chairman being effectively sacked as he was not reappointed to any committee for 2020 and 1 referee standing down from reffing. Enough is enough. Killoe players should take control of their club."
As I said before, there is plenty of people prepared to side with the bad eggs and cover up for them, and let them keep Longford football in a mess. More of the same please until another club is next, and sure it won't bother me coz its not my club. Sheep follow sheep.

botheyesclosed (Longford) - Posts: 76 - 27/08/2020 12:42:08    2289348

Link

Replying To arcadia:  "You need better sources in Dublin. That doesn't even come close to describing what is driving this issue. I assure you it aint the players or officials in the Killoe club. Dig a bit deeper with better sources."
I didn't suggest that it was the players of Killoe who are driving this but quite the contrary I am suggesting that they take control of the situation and instruct their officers to reach an agreement which was offered through mediation last Friday night according to my Source who I have no reason to doubt as he has no axe to grind in this matter. ( nor have I)
It appears to me that enough people have suffered and there is nothing to be gained for Killoe out of all this. I actually neglected to include in previous post the u16 players from Killoe and Colmcille who were denied the opportunity to play in a final last year and one child who is at the centre of this controversy which regardless of who is right or wrong should not still be reading about this 12 months later.

jack99 (Dublin) - Posts: 16 - 27/08/2020 13:37:17    2289355

Link

Replying To jack99:  "I didn't suggest that it was the players of Killoe who are driving this but quite the contrary I am suggesting that they take control of the situation and instruct their officers to reach an agreement which was offered through mediation last Friday night according to my Source who I have no reason to doubt as he has no axe to grind in this matter. ( nor have I)
It appears to me that enough people have suffered and there is nothing to be gained for Killoe out of all this. I actually neglected to include in previous post the u16 players from Killoe and Colmcille who were denied the opportunity to play in a final last year and one child who is at the centre of this controversy which regardless of who is right or wrong should not still be reading about this 12 months later."
So Killoe, who have nothing to gain by fighting on (but the whole county have a lot to gain), should drop all appeals. You obviously are not a principled person, more of a roll over guy.

botheyesclosed (Longford) - Posts: 76 - 27/08/2020 13:58:37    2289363

Link

Replying To jack99:  "I didn't suggest that it was the players of Killoe who are driving this but quite the contrary I am suggesting that they take control of the situation and instruct their officers to reach an agreement which was offered through mediation last Friday night according to my Source who I have no reason to doubt as he has no axe to grind in this matter. ( nor have I)
It appears to me that enough people have suffered and there is nothing to be gained for Killoe out of all this. I actually neglected to include in previous post the u16 players from Killoe and Colmcille who were denied the opportunity to play in a final last year and one child who is at the centre of this controversy which regardless of who is right or wrong should not still be reading about this 12 months later."
Don't bother Killoe supporters are a law onto themselves. Especially the crew that stand on the right hand side of the town end of Glennon Brothers Pearse Park.

Nelson39 (Longford) - Posts: 33 - 27/08/2020 14:10:01    2289364

Link

Replying To botheyesclosed:  "So Killoe, who have nothing to gain by fighting on (but the whole county have a lot to gain), should drop all appeals. You obviously are not a principled person, more of a roll over guy."
It's a game of ball, for God's sake! What Killoe want is never gonna happen because there's insufficient evidence. You'd think after 3 months of a lockdown people would've been delighted to get on with things.

keeper7 (Longford) - Posts: 3869 - 27/08/2020 14:35:19    2289367

Link

Replying To botheyesclosed:  "So Killoe, who have nothing to gain by fighting on (but the whole county have a lot to gain), should drop all appeals. You obviously are not a principled person, more of a roll over guy."
Again the opposite is the case. I believe I am very principled as you put it but when my principles start to have a negative effect on people and especially on those closest to me I would be prepared to compromise for the common good and would not see that as rolling over in any way. By the way as botheyesclosed, you seem to be very knowledgeable everything about this issue could you enlighten everyone else as what exactly would be a successful outcome for killoe to this whole mess which is definitely about an objection to u16 competition from last year which wasn't finished and won't be as it is looking highly unlikely any competition will be finished this year due to an entirely different problem (world pandemic) though hopefully they will be. ( finished)

jack99 (Dublin) - Posts: 16 - 27/08/2020 14:37:57    2289368

Link

Replying To keeper7:  "I agree. New chairman & completely new CCC. Time for Killoe to do their talking on the pitch."
They can't do their talking on the pitch, because that completely new CCC you mentioned slapped a ridiculous and unprecedented 48-week ban on all of their teams. Remove the ban, remove the rot from the County Board, and lets get back to playing football. That ball is firmly in the County Boards court. Whether Killoe get back into the Championship or not, that rot is something every club will have to deal with sooner or later, so lets deal with it now.

arcadia (Longford) - Posts: 163 - 27/08/2020 15:38:03    2289377

Link

Replying To jack99:  "Again the opposite is the case. I believe I am very principled as you put it but when my principles start to have a negative effect on people and especially on those closest to me I would be prepared to compromise for the common good and would not see that as rolling over in any way. By the way as botheyesclosed, you seem to be very knowledgeable everything about this issue could you enlighten everyone else as what exactly would be a successful outcome for killoe to this whole mess which is definitely about an objection to u16 competition from last year which wasn't finished and won't be as it is looking highly unlikely any competition will be finished this year due to an entirely different problem (world pandemic) though hopefully they will be. ( finished)"
If you need enlightenment as to what's going on maybe you should refrain from offering up what the correct thing to do is. Arcadia, not involved with Killoe, can see the wood for the trees. It's not hard. It's just nobody ever stood up.

botheyesclosed (Longford) - Posts: 76 - 27/08/2020 15:50:58    2289380

Link

Replying To arcadia:  "They can't do their talking on the pitch, because that completely new CCC you mentioned slapped a ridiculous and unprecedented 48-week ban on all of their teams. Remove the ban, remove the rot from the County Board, and lets get back to playing football. That ball is firmly in the County Boards court. Whether Killoe get back into the Championship or not, that rot is something every club will have to deal with sooner or later, so lets deal with it now."
Killoe want someone to blame for a mess of their own creation. By the rules the DRA see that and uphold any ban. Then hopefully the "Clonguish" official takes libel action.

Nelson39 (Longford) - Posts: 33 - 27/08/2020 16:36:10    2289386

Link

Replying To botheyesclosed:  "If you need enlightenment as to what's going on maybe you should refrain from offering up what the correct thing to do is. Arcadia, not involved with Killoe, can see the wood for the trees. It's not hard. It's just nobody ever stood up."
Thank you for the advice botheyesclosed, I dont need enlightenment on what's going on as I have outlined I have been brought very much up to date. This is a forum for one to state their opinion which I have done and neither you nor the killoe Club will bully me to agree with you just because you think you are right. I ask the question again and if you do not know the answer it is perfectly reasonable to say you do not know without getting snippy with me for asking .
What is success for Killoe to this mess?
And my original post on this was urging the killoe players to take control, some of them are in Dublin on a daily basis and you needn't think they are all happy with their officials stance on this .
That is my final comment on this matter thank you.

jack99 (Dublin) - Posts: 16 - 27/08/2020 16:43:01    2289387

Link

Replying To jack99:  "Thank you for the advice botheyesclosed, I dont need enlightenment on what's going on as I have outlined I have been brought very much up to date. This is a forum for one to state their opinion which I have done and neither you nor the killoe Club will bully me to agree with you just because you think you are right. I ask the question again and if you do not know the answer it is perfectly reasonable to say you do not know without getting snippy with me for asking .
And my original post on this was urging the killoe players to take control, some of them are in Dublin on a daily basis and you needn't think they are all happy with their officials stance on this .
That is my final comment on this matter thank you."
Jack you only set up a new account to have a go about Killoe. I bet you won't be seen after the whole thing Is settled. Everyone knows what Killoe are going after and could have accepted terms 2 weeks ago in the Kilmore. Let's see how it all fairs out now with the DRA. Ban will be temporary lifted anyway

williesboy (Leitrim) - Posts: 101 - 27/08/2020 17:11:26    2289392

Link

There are a lot of opinions on here (i'm plenty/overly opinionated myself), and that is fine and healthy. It's a forum after all. I reckon we can all agree that the Championship benefits from having the defending champions taking part, and that the extent of the ban imposed (48 weeks affecting everyone including young lads of 13-18 years old) seems strangely vindictive (I really can't find an equivalent precedent anywhere in the country) and is not helping anyone when we are all battling against the confinement and gagging to get back into outdoor sports (not least the younger kids). For what its worth I don't think the original objection to the U16 player was valid and that seems to have been borne out by the Leinster decision, but we have an objection process for a reason, and sometimes people get it right and sometimes they don't. But other stuff has emerged during this debacle which is more worrying and potentially affects us all, and questions the fairness and impartiality of certain elements within the County Board, past and present (not all though - many in the county board are hard working and honest volunteers, as is the case in clubs across the county). Surely we all want those problems to be flushed out for all our clubs sake, not just for the Killoe lads. So I hope the DRA route (or mediation part 2) solves this and we can get back to watching streamed games rather than fighting over he-said-she-said.

I'm looking forward to watching the Longford Hurling Championship and the Dromard-Abbey game at the weekend, both of which should make for great viewing if the weather improves.

arcadia (Longford) - Posts: 163 - 27/08/2020 17:43:51    2289399

Link

Replying To williesboy:  "Jack you only set up a new account to have a go about Killoe. I bet you won't be seen after the whole thing Is settled. Everyone knows what Killoe are going after and could have accepted terms 2 weeks ago in the Kilmore. Let's see how it all fairs out now with the DRA. Ban will be temporary lifted anyway"
While I said that was my final comment on the sad matter I simply must reply to your rather spiteful comment williesboy. I had an account here for years but hadn't been active but came on this year to discuss the championship which if you took the time to look you would see . I suggested and stand by my opinion that Mullinalaghta will win the championship unless there is a lockdown due to COVID-19. Hope not.
Anyway I have nothing against Killoe and used to admire them. However I feel they have gone too far and should have availed of the offer to lift the suspension and drop their objections to an u16 player from 2019 competition. It makes no sense.
That's my opinion and as Arcadia alludes to , I am entitled to it and know from speaking personally to other exiled longfordians in the capital from inside and outside Killoe that my opinion is shared by many.
By the way Williesboy everyone does not know what killoe want from this as you suggest, if it is to get rid of Co board officers then I believe they are elected by all the clubs each year at a convention and maybe that's how they should get rid of those they don't agee with. Democracy is what it's called . I have also taken the advice from earlier to familiarise myself more with the case and rang a contact in Longford town who confirmed what I have put up here earlier and pointed out to me that 2 Longford ccc committees (2019 and 2020) 1 Longford hearings committee (2020) and now 2 Leinster hearings Committees 2019 and 2020 have dealt with this matter and none of them have come out in favour of killoe. That's a lot of chances to put your case forward so I don't think it fair to blame one commitee as in the Co board. Is everyone out of step except my Johnny!

jack99 (Dublin) - Posts: 16 - 27/08/2020 18:29:11    2289409

Link

Replying To jack99:  "While I said that was my final comment on the sad matter I simply must reply to your rather spiteful comment williesboy. I had an account here for years but hadn't been active but came on this year to discuss the championship which if you took the time to look you would see . I suggested and stand by my opinion that Mullinalaghta will win the championship unless there is a lockdown due to COVID-19. Hope not.
Anyway I have nothing against Killoe and used to admire them. However I feel they have gone too far and should have availed of the offer to lift the suspension and drop their objections to an u16 player from 2019 competition. It makes no sense.
That's my opinion and as Arcadia alludes to , I am entitled to it and know from speaking personally to other exiled longfordians in the capital from inside and outside Killoe that my opinion is shared by many.
By the way Williesboy everyone does not know what killoe want from this as you suggest, if it is to get rid of Co board officers then I believe they are elected by all the clubs each year at a convention and maybe that's how they should get rid of those they don't agee with. Democracy is what it's called . I have also taken the advice from earlier to familiarise myself more with the case and rang a contact in Longford town who confirmed what I have put up here earlier and pointed out to me that 2 Longford ccc committees (2019 and 2020) 1 Longford hearings committee (2020) and now 2 Leinster hearings Committees 2019 and 2020 have dealt with this matter and none of them have come out in favour of killoe. That's a lot of chances to put your case forward so I don't think it fair to blame one commitee as in the Co board. Is everyone out of step except my Johnny!"
Just to correct the record on the "2 Longford ccc committees (2019 and 2020) 1 Longford hearings committee (2020) and now 2 Leinster hearings Committees 2019 and 2020 have dealt with this matter" comment.... As I understand it (and I am happy to be corrected if someone knows otherwise) the issue Killoe has here (and it is not an unfair one IMO) is that the Longford CCC (both 2019 and 2020) along with the Longford Hearing Committee (2020) have not acted impartially or fairly in the matter because of influences from certain persons in both years who were/are acting against the interest of fairness and transparency in this matter, and as such Killoe would consider that they have not had a fair hearing on the issue from any of those committees you listed. In terms of Leinster, there has only been 1 actual hearing in Leinster (the first 'hearing' was not a hearing, they threw it back to Longford to sort), and the hearing earlier this week was strictly on the €750 fine and U16 final forfeit, it was not on the 48-week ban. So the core of the complaint Killoe has here is still valid in that context (didn't get a fair hearing due to unacceptable and maybe even systemic bias), and separate from that is the fairness or impartiality of the 48 week ban decision which I don't think passes any fair persons sniff test. Important to include that context.

arcadia (Longford) - Posts: 163 - 27/08/2020 20:12:05    2289415

Link

Replying To jack99:  "While I said that was my final comment on the sad matter I simply must reply to your rather spiteful comment williesboy. I had an account here for years but hadn't been active but came on this year to discuss the championship which if you took the time to look you would see . I suggested and stand by my opinion that Mullinalaghta will win the championship unless there is a lockdown due to COVID-19. Hope not.
By the way Williesboy everyone does not know what killoe want from this as you suggest, if it is to get rid of Co board officers then I believe they are elected by all the clubs each year at a convention and maybe that's how they should get rid of those they don't agee with. Democracy is what it's called . I have also taken the advice from earlier to familiarise myself more with the case and rang a contact in Longford town who confirmed what I have put up here earlier and pointed out to me that 2 Longford ccc committees (2019 and 2020) 1 Longford hearings committee (2020) and now 2 Leinster hearings Committees 2019 and 2020 have dealt with this matter and none of them have come out in favour of killoe. That's a lot of chances to put your case forward so I don't think it fair to blame one commitee as in the Co board. Is everyone out of step except my Johnny!"
You don't live in longford and are hearing it all Second hand from someone in the capital! I rest my case.

williesboy (Leitrim) - Posts: 101 - 27/08/2020 21:20:18    2289420

Link

Replying To jack99:  "From what I hear in Dublin it's now past time for the players in killoe to take control of this situation and call a meeting with the club officials who are keeping them out of football over an u16 game from last year which has never been played. Surely if what I hear is true and they were offered to have the suspension lifted if they dropped all objections and appeals to last year's u16 competition they should have agreed as obviously they have broken the rules and have been punished correctly (by rule book , tough harshly) and as such should have been happy to have suspension lifted. The person I met in the city through my work told me that killoes objections has led to 1 county chairman resignation, one referee coordinator resigning, 1 ccc chairman being effectively sacked as he was not reappointed to any committee for 2020 and 1 referee standing down from reffing. Enough is enough. Killoe players should take control of their club."
So many holes in this and I'll point 1 out. Ref that has stood down was on doing the line in a senior championship game. You wouldn't know this living in another county but you keep getting your information from your source.

williesboy (Leitrim) - Posts: 101 - 27/08/2020 21:24:16    2289422

Link

Replying To williesboy:  "You don't live in longford and are hearing it all Second hand from someone in the capital! I rest my case."
Oh ok , good point, -Williesboy (LEITRIM). Thanks for that!

jack99 (Dublin) - Posts: 16 - 27/08/2020 21:49:44    2289430

Link

Replying To arcadia:  "They can't do their talking on the pitch, because that completely new CCC you mentioned slapped a ridiculous and unprecedented 48-week ban on all of their teams. Remove the ban, remove the rot from the County Board, and lets get back to playing football. That ball is firmly in the County Boards court. Whether Killoe get back into the Championship or not, that rot is something every club will have to deal with sooner or later, so lets deal with it now."
The CCC were left with no choice going by the rules but to issue that suspension.

keeper7 (Longford) - Posts: 3869 - 28/08/2020 01:08:04    2289448

Link

Replying To jack99:  "Thank you for the advice botheyesclosed, I dont need enlightenment on what's going on as I have outlined I have been brought very much up to date. This is a forum for one to state their opinion which I have done and neither you nor the killoe Club will bully me to agree with you just because you think you are right. I ask the question again and if you do not know the answer it is perfectly reasonable to say you do not know without getting snippy with me for asking .
That is my final comment on this matter thank you."
I know an ultimatum in terms of "we'll let you back in if you shut up" is a bully tactic and would not be acceptable in any walk of life. The issue is not around any player, underage or not. It is "allegedly" about a couple of CB officials (not from Clonguish - Nelson) putting a ref under duress to falsify a report. Subsequent issues are all as a result of this. Killoe would like that investigated and addressed. That would be success for them. Outside of that, everyone accepts that it is important that everyone gets back to the matches ASAP, including Killoe. If Killoe's Dublin based players want to take control they can exercise their democratic right in their club just like in any club a member has a say and a vote.

botheyesclosed (Longford) - Posts: 76 - 28/08/2020 10:48:11    2289466

Link

Replying To botheyesclosed:  "I know an ultimatum in terms of "we'll let you back in if you shut up" is a bully tactic and would not be acceptable in any walk of life. The issue is not around any player, underage or not. It is "allegedly" about a couple of CB officials (not from Clonguish - Nelson) putting a ref under duress to falsify a report. Subsequent issues are all as a result of this. Killoe would like that investigated and addressed. That would be success for them. Outside of that, everyone accepts that it is important that everyone gets back to the matches ASAP, including Killoe. If Killoe's Dublin based players want to take control they can exercise their democratic right in their club just like in any club a member has a say and a vote."
A couple of people on this thread have referred to a Clonguish official "blocking" Killoes re-entry into competition.

Nelson39 (Longford) - Posts: 33 - 28/08/2020 11:28:23    2289473

Link