Longford Forum

Local Championship

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To arcadia:  "Looking at the fixtures/results on the Longford website, Killoe U14 team are not in any official competition until 8th September when the U14 A Championship starts. Looking at the results section, there has been no official competition involving any Killoe team since before the ban. Lets see what Friday's mediation meeting brings. Hopefully an end to this ludicrous nonsense and a return to normal action on the field.

Dromard v Abbeylara the pick of the weekend games, and is streaming too. Should be entertaining."
Killoe U12s played Slashers in a league fixture this day last week.

keeper7 (Longford) - Posts: 3869 - 20/08/2020 11:57:54    2288383

Link

Replying To keeper7:  "Killoe U12s played Slashers in a league fixture this day last week."
The Killoe U12 game versus Slashers was on 13th August. I don't know whether the Longford CCCC ban came into effect on that day or the day before when it hit the press, or on a separate fixed date (not sure anyone outside the CB and Club knows that yet). However it is a moot point as the ban impacts teams from U16 to Senior grade, not U12. There is no ban on Killoe playing in U12 or U13 or U14 competition.

arcadia (Longford) - Posts: 163 - 20/08/2020 16:27:23    2288428

Link

Replying To arcadia:  "The Killoe U12 game versus Slashers was on 13th August. I don't know whether the Longford CCCC ban came into effect on that day or the day before when it hit the press, or on a separate fixed date (not sure anyone outside the CB and Club knows that yet). However it is a moot point as the ban impacts teams from U16 to Senior grade, not U12. There is no ban on Killoe playing in U12 or U13 or U14 competition."
But there is a ban on all members of the club over the age of 14 from the association, so who manages or mentors these kids?

botheyesclosed (Longford) - Posts: 76 - 20/08/2020 17:02:44    2288433

Link

Replying To botheyesclosed:  "But there is a ban on all members of the club over the age of 14 from the association, so who manages or mentors these kids?"
Probably some of the parents. The club has only had to deal with that one U12 game since the ban was announced, so I'm sure it was not beyond a parent or two (parents are seldom paid members of the club unless they are properly part of the management team) to have stepped in. Wouldn't get too bent out of shape about a few weeks without mentoring... it's U12!!!

arcadia (Longford) - Posts: 163 - 22/08/2020 01:07:36    2288629

Link

Shambles last nights mediation couldn't bring a resolve to the whole saga. Killoe obviously won't let this go and feel they have a strong case to show up the county board for what they are. Fine has been paid last week and the 48 week suspension is still in place for that. County board clearly showing bully boy tactics here to force the club to drop all. Interesting how the whole thing pans out. Have to feel for the county champions having all this noise as they try to prepare to retain the cup.

williesboy (Leitrim) - Posts: 101 - 22/08/2020 10:56:08    2288639

Link

Replying To arcadia:  "The Killoe U12 game versus Slashers was on 13th August. I don't know whether the Longford CCCC ban came into effect on that day or the day before when it hit the press, or on a separate fixed date (not sure anyone outside the CB and Club knows that yet). However it is a moot point as the ban impacts teams from U16 to Senior grade, not U12. There is no ban on Killoe playing in U12 or U13 or U14 competition."
I know that.

keeper7 (Longford) - Posts: 3869 - 22/08/2020 11:19:05    2288644

Link

link

keeper7 (Longford) - Posts: 3869 - 22/08/2020 11:20:08    2288645

Link

So whilst Killoe do battle with the County Board Clonguish and Mostrim are left in limbo. I can't see the good will lasting the longer this goes on.

Nelson39 (Longford) - Posts: 33 - 22/08/2020 11:35:56    2288648

Link

[quote=TurnipAyter:  "The fine has been paid so the supposed justification for the 48-week ban is gone.

So every team in the county can say we are not paying the fine sure Killoe didn't.

Nelson39 (Longford) - Posts: 33 - 22/08/2020 19:32:36    2288686

Link

Replying To Nelson39:  "So every team in the county can say we are not paying the fine sure Killoe didn't."
There are plenty of sanctions that can be taken for non-payment of a fine short of a 48-week ban. This comes across as vindictiveness.

TurnipAyter (Longford) - Posts: 114 - 22/08/2020 21:49:06    2288700

Link

Replying To Nelson39:  "So every team in the county can say we are not paying the fine sure Killoe didn't."
I would hope all clubs have integrity when it comes to rules. If your in the right, never back down. If you are not sure, make sure to check it thoroughly, and only fight if you are right. If not, look at yourself and do the right thing. If this is not the case, the wrong people are in control of the club.
A conflict of interest, even if only in appearance, is still a conflict of interest. That member should excuse themself until resolved. This is why there is no trust from the public or the clubs in the CB. They should conduct business in a transparent manner, not underhanded.
Hopefully the full truth emerges if anyone is to come away with credit, and not just an agreement that suits both sides.

botheyesclosed (Longford) - Posts: 76 - 22/08/2020 22:44:29    2288705

Link

Replying To botheyesclosed:  "I would hope all clubs have integrity when it comes to rules. If your in the right, never back down. If you are not sure, make sure to check it thoroughly, and only fight if you are right. If not, look at yourself and do the right thing. If this is not the case, the wrong people are in control of the club.
A conflict of interest, even if only in appearance, is still a conflict of interest. That member should excuse themself until resolved. This is why there is no trust from the public or the clubs in the CB. They should conduct business in a transparent manner, not underhanded.
Hopefully the full truth emerges if anyone is to come away with credit, and not just an agreement that suits both sides."
Well that's all well and dandy but I reiterate clubs won't be happy if their championship is curtailed by a team that could of paid the fine at first then appealed.

Nelson39 (Longford) - Posts: 33 - 23/08/2020 09:30:24    2288724

Link

I see from the master fixtures list on the county website that Clonguish Gaels vs Longford Slashers hurling championship tie this weekend is to be streamed. New ground broken there. Good to see.

arcadia (Longford) - Posts: 163 - 26/08/2020 11:57:40    2289200

Link

Replying To arcadia:  "I see from the master fixtures list on the county website that Clonguish Gaels vs Longford Slashers hurling championship tie this weekend is to be streamed. New ground broken there. Good to see."
Yes, great to see! Who do you fancy for it? Will either of these hurling clubs be affected by Killoe's ongoing suspension?

keeper7 (Longford) - Posts: 3869 - 26/08/2020 12:33:08    2289205

Link

Replying To keeper7:  "Yes, great to see! Who do you fancy for it? Will either of these hurling clubs be affected by Killoe's ongoing suspension?"
There should be no impact to the weekends action at all. I believe Abbeylara v Dromard will also be streamed.

arcadia (Longford) - Posts: 163 - 26/08/2020 14:19:26    2289227

Link

I would have thought Slashers hurlers were impacted by the loss of a Killoe player. Morstrim and slashers also have a number of underage Killoe players involved that will be impacted. Killoe haven't indicated whether they intend appealing or accepting the ruling. I would think they should keep fighting seeing as how it would be a good thing if the DRA conducted their own investigation.

botheyesclosed (Longford) - Posts: 76 - 27/08/2020 08:34:38    2289311

Link

Replying To botheyesclosed:  "I would have thought Slashers hurlers were impacted by the loss of a Killoe player. Morstrim and slashers also have a number of underage Killoe players involved that will be impacted. Killoe haven't indicated whether they intend appealing or accepting the ruling. I would think they should keep fighting seeing as how it would be a good thing if the DRA conducted their own investigation."
Killoe actually borders the 3 parishes of Clonguish, Longford & Edgeworthstown so could potentially have members playing for any of the 3 hurling clubs.

keeper7 (Longford) - Posts: 3869 - 27/08/2020 10:44:28    2289329

Link

Replying To botheyesclosed:  "I would hope all clubs have integrity when it comes to rules. If your in the right, never back down. If you are not sure, make sure to check it thoroughly, and only fight if you are right. If not, look at yourself and do the right thing. If this is not the case, the wrong people are in control of the club.
Hopefully the full truth emerges if anyone is to come away with credit, and not just an agreement that suits both sides."
From what I hear in Dublin it's now past time for the players in killoe to take control of this situation and call a meeting with the club officials who are keeping them out of football over an u16 game from last year which has never been played. Surely if what I hear is true and they were offered to have the suspension lifted if they dropped all objections and appeals to last year's u16 competition they should have agreed as obviously they have broken the rules and have been punished correctly (by rule book , tough harshly) and as such should have been happy to have suspension lifted. The person I met in the city through my work told me that killoes objections has led to 1 county chairman resignation, one referee coordinator resigning, 1 ccc chairman being effectively sacked as he was not reappointed to any committee for 2020 and 1 referee standing down from reffing. Enough is enough. Killoe players should take control of their club.

jack99 (Dublin) - Posts: 16 - 27/08/2020 11:20:38    2289335

Link

Replying To jack99:  "From what I hear in Dublin it's now past time for the players in killoe to take control of this situation and call a meeting with the club officials who are keeping them out of football over an u16 game from last year which has never been played. Surely if what I hear is true and they were offered to have the suspension lifted if they dropped all objections and appeals to last year's u16 competition they should have agreed as obviously they have broken the rules and have been punished correctly (by rule book , tough harshly) and as such should have been happy to have suspension lifted. The person I met in the city through my work told me that killoes objections has led to 1 county chairman resignation, one referee coordinator resigning, 1 ccc chairman being effectively sacked as he was not reappointed to any committee for 2020 and 1 referee standing down from reffing. Enough is enough. Killoe players should take control of their club."
I agree. New chairman & completely new CCC. Time for Killoe to do their talking on the pitch.

keeper7 (Longford) - Posts: 3869 - 27/08/2020 11:51:57    2289339

Link

Replying To jack99:  "From what I hear in Dublin it's now past time for the players in killoe to take control of this situation and call a meeting with the club officials who are keeping them out of football over an u16 game from last year which has never been played. Surely if what I hear is true and they were offered to have the suspension lifted if they dropped all objections and appeals to last year's u16 competition they should have agreed as obviously they have broken the rules and have been punished correctly (by rule book , tough harshly) and as such should have been happy to have suspension lifted. The person I met in the city through my work told me that killoes objections has led to 1 county chairman resignation, one referee coordinator resigning, 1 ccc chairman being effectively sacked as he was not reappointed to any committee for 2020 and 1 referee standing down from reffing. Enough is enough. Killoe players should take control of their club."
You need better sources in Dublin. That doesn't even come close to describing what is driving this issue. I assure you it aint the players or officials in the Killoe club. Dig a bit deeper with better sources.

arcadia (Longford) - Posts: 163 - 27/08/2020 12:16:50    2289342

Link