Kerry Forum

Off Season Discussions Thread

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To CiarraiMick:  "I tend to agree with you about Burns. I saw him a few years ago v Galway in the league and after beating his man twice he turned around again and got caught. When you beat your man you keep going. He s an enigma i think. Every time I write him off he produces a great performance but is too inconsistent. I personally don't think he s suitable for an all ireland attack but I have been known to be wrong."
I wonder why Paudie Clifford or Spillane were not introduced to replace Burns and Moynihan. David Moran could have used a breather earlier as he was very involved and Walsh was effective when brought in.

Gaa Fan (USA) - Posts: 534 - 18/10/2020 20:15:56    2298904

Link

Replying To Gaa Fan:  "I wonder why Paudie Clifford or Spillane were not introduced to replace Burns and Moynihan. David Moran could have used a breather earlier as he was very involved and Walsh was effective when brought in."
Burns was woeful...

KerrymanStuckInDonegal (Kerry) - Posts: 72 - 19/10/2020 12:46:50    2299141

Link

Ya burns appears to get a free pass from management, he's a good footballer but he is too selfish, it's all about himself not the team.

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 11421 - 19/10/2020 14:03:45    2299194

Link

Replying To KerrymanStuckInDonegal:  "Burns was woeful..."
Lyne in my opinion is a back but seems to be a favourite of management and first choice replacement for half-back or half-forward positions. Begley I would also consider a back. Does management get defense minded?

Gaa Fan (USA) - Posts: 534 - 19/10/2020 16:12:44    2299247

Link

Ah look I'm slow to slate anyone cos they put in the effort and sacrifices and put Kerry first regardless of what we think, secondly no player goes out to play a bad game on purpose and on any given day things can just go against you,

The key is how one learns from the mistakes and how the can improve for the benefit of the team. I would have no issue with Burns starting again next week one he would adhere to the remit as issued by PK.

In his defense he was outstanding for Crokes all year and had form coming in, personally I am a fan of both Dara Moynihan and more so Paudie Clifford.. Paudie could be the secret weapon but look we may know more this time next week.

You mentioned Lyne as the go to man by PK If there is an issue in either half line, again personally I'd be more of a Briòn O'Beagleach fan, I have see him around the middle of the park for An Gaeltacht and he has been very impressive,

Either wa he would appear or have options for most positions... not an bad problem to have.

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - Posts: 4789 - 19/10/2020 20:27:18    2299372

Link

Am I right in saying the U20 Final is off at the weekend ' shame for both Galway/Dublin if my reading of it is correct.

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - Posts: 4789 - 21/10/2020 14:39:08    2299952

Link

Replying To Horsebox77:  "Am I right in saying the U20 Final is off at the weekend ' shame for both Galway/Dublin if my reading of it is correct."
Ya it's gone horse but at least it let's the Galway team get their players back.

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 11421 - 21/10/2020 17:35:53    2300031

Link