Kerry Forum

Off Season Discussions Thread

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To KingdomBoy1:  "I just read on the kerry gaa forum that Peter Crowley has retired from intercounty football, that's a shock but I'd like to wish him well in his retirement if its true."
Ya, just read it there now on Twitter. Serious player but don't think he ever really returned 100% after the knee op. Still a serious player for us. The word that always typified Crowley for me was intensity, he always seems to things at 100% miles an hour. I know only recently but his winning punched point against Dublin in Tralee two or three years ago was a great move..

Serious player for us in 2014...

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - Posts: 5462 - 20/04/2021 21:46:42    2338129

Link

There's a piece on the Kerry GAA website about them returning to training. They were in 2 sets of jerseys so it looks like they had a bit of an internal game. Joe O'Connor wearing 8 and Barry wearing 9 were the only players I could make out.

Peter Crowley retiring at this stage is a bit of a surprise. He's been a great player for us down through the years. I still remember that iconic block down he made in the 2014 final. A real tough defender. It's a pity he got that injury. Without it who knows, he could have been guaranteed to be starting at corner back this year and maybe for another 2 or 3 years as well. Best of luck to him in retirement.

Kerry15 (Kerry) - Posts: 839 - 20/04/2021 21:54:01    2338133

Link

Replying To Horsebox77:  "Ya, just read it there now on Twitter. Serious player but don't think he ever really returned 100% after the knee op. Still a serious player for us. The word that always typified Crowley for me was intensity, he always seems to things at 100% miles an hour. I know only recently but his winning punched point against Dublin in Tralee two or three years ago was a great move..

Serious player for us in 2014..."
Young enough at 30 but owes Kerry nothing. Best of luck to Peter in his retirement.

CiarraiMick (Dublin) - Posts: 2694 - 20/04/2021 22:36:53    2338138

Link

Replying To Kerry15:  "There's a piece on the Kerry GAA website about them returning to training. They were in 2 sets of jerseys so it looks like they had a bit of an internal game. Joe O'Connor wearing 8 and Barry wearing 9 were the only players I could make out.

Peter Crowley retiring at this stage is a bit of a surprise. He's been a great player for us down through the years. I still remember that iconic block down he made in the 2014 final. A real tough defender. It's a pity he got that injury. Without it who knows, he could have been guaranteed to be starting at corner back this year and maybe for another 2 or 3 years as well. Best of luck to him in retirement."
I remember Crowley burrying Colm Cavanagh with a whelt of a shoulder in a league game in killarney in 2014, he was brilliant and like horse said above always gave it 100%, ya his block down in the 2014 final was brilliant we need more of that.

Joe O'connor and Barry at 8 and 9, it would be good to throw something different into the mix, I like what O'connor could potentially bring to the team, hes another who likes to throw in a few shoulders.

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 13475 - 21/04/2021 00:21:49    2338147

Link

Replying To Kerry15:  "There's a piece on the Kerry GAA website about them returning to training. They were in 2 sets of jerseys so it looks like they had a bit of an internal game. Joe O'Connor wearing 8 and Barry wearing 9 were the only players I could make out.

Peter Crowley retiring at this stage is a bit of a surprise. He's been a great player for us down through the years. I still remember that iconic block down he made in the 2014 final. A real tough defender. It's a pity he got that injury. Without it who knows, he could have been guaranteed to be starting at corner back this year and maybe for another 2 or 3 years as well. Best of luck to him in retirement."
Best of luck in retirement to Peter Crowley. He manned the middle of defence manfully for Kerry for a number of years, especially in 2014. He was however, bedeviled by injury over the past few years. It's always sad to see injury curtail a fine career that bit too early. I actually had him as my starting no. 6 for Kerry this year, as I thought that he'd be fit and that the lack of training by opposing teams, as opposed to normal seasons, would suit fellas like him and Morley.

foreveryoung (USA) - Posts: 661 - 21/04/2021 11:10:34    2338174

Link

Who is Joe O'Connor, when he's at home? Do you mean Diarmuid O'Connor? Perhaps, DJ, for the same man?

I've not heard of JOC, and neither has my tout in Tralee!

foreveryoung (USA) - Posts: 661 - 21/04/2021 12:29:02    2338186

Link

Replying To foreveryoung:  "Who is Joe O'Connor, when he's at home? Do you mean Diarmuid O'Connor? Perhaps, DJ, for the same man?

I've not heard of JOC, and neither has my tout in Tralee!"
He must be so be tout- Joe O'Connor is a Rockie

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - Posts: 5462 - 21/04/2021 12:31:32    2338187

Link

Replying To Horsebox77:  "He must be so be tout- Joe O'Connor is a Rockie"
Eamon Dunphy had a good phrase for some of our newbies - spoofers!

TheHermit (Kerry) - Posts: 6334 - 21/04/2021 12:49:08    2338191

Link

I come in peace :)

Just wanted to say all the very best to Peter Crowley

A player I have the upmost respect for. He always played well against Dublin or close enough to it. An excellent old school sort of player. He reminded me of the type of men around in the 90s and it was a great shame that he picked up such a serious injury. He'd have made life a lot harder for Dublin in 19/20 if he had the chance.

Anyway, I admired and appredicted his huge efforts over the years

Hope he has plenty of good luck in the years ahead. He'd be a great man to have around the panel in whatever form.

jimbodub (Dublin) - Posts: 20341 - 21/04/2021 13:41:50    2338203

Link

Replying To TheHermit:  "Eamon Dunphy had a good phrase for some of our newbies - spoofers!"
100%

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 13475 - 21/04/2021 13:59:44    2338209

Link

Replying To TheHermit:  "Eamon Dunphy had a good phrase for some of our newbies - spoofers!"
Ah thought provoking as MHR would say...

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - Posts: 5462 - 21/04/2021 14:01:13    2338210

Link

Hermiteen!
No spoofing here. My man on the ground is dead sound; doesn't get out as much as before and he's no spring chicken. He doesn't know of JOC.

Now while we're on the topic of spoofing. Here are two facts:
First, I'm older than you by a long shot, and second I know far more about Kerry inter-county AI winning teams than you'd dare to ever dream of. I've witnessed Kerry win since 1969; three of those in person in CP. I've seen ye lose also three times in person in CP.

Yourself and KB must have grown up in the 1988-1996 period. For two more negative, peevish Kerry men have I not ever come across. Post your proper year of birth forthwith here, hermiteen.

Horse and Kerry Mick, while I don't always agree with them, at least, are on top of their game.

foreveryoung (USA) - Posts: 661 - 21/04/2021 14:10:22    2338212

Link

You've made him cranky now the hermit :-)

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 13475 - 21/04/2021 16:20:15    2338233

Link

Replying To KingdomBoy1:  "You've made him cranky now the hermit :-)"
So I see. Well sure I'm only 12 but unfortunately age, insight, wisdom and maturity aren't always as interlinked as some old timers popping up here think ;)

TheHermit (Kerry) - Posts: 6334 - 21/04/2021 18:15:58    2338255

Link

Replying To TheHermit:  "So I see. Well sure I'm only 12 but unfortunately age, insight, wisdom and maturity aren't always as interlinked as some old timers popping up here think ;)"
Iv never known anyone so infatuated by age as that poster the hermit, that's his second time looking our dates of birth :-)

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 13475 - 21/04/2021 19:10:37    2338266

Link

We'll be requesting verification on the blood line next... but sure ye could be twins, didn't someone on the main forum say ye were the same person or did I dream that.

If that's the case sure ye'd have the same date of birth :-)...

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - Posts: 5462 - 21/04/2021 21:06:05    2338274

Link

Replying To Horsebox77:  "We'll be requesting verification on the blood line next... but sure ye could be twins, didn't someone on the main forum say ye were the same person or did I dream that.

If that's the case sure ye'd have the same date of birth :-)..."
Now don't you know Horse that there's only one embittered Kerry fan masquerading as every Kerry poster/anti-Dub poster on this entire website.

I learnt that from my many years on the main forum.

TheHermit (Kerry) - Posts: 6334 - 21/04/2021 22:03:14    2338284

Link

Replying To jimbodub:  "I come in peace :)

Just wanted to say all the very best to Peter Crowley

A player I have the upmost respect for. He always played well against Dublin or close enough to it. An excellent old school sort of player. He reminded me of the type of men around in the 90s and it was a great shame that he picked up such a serious injury. He'd have made life a lot harder for Dublin in 19/20 if he had the chance.

Anyway, I admired and appredicted his huge efforts over the years

Hope he has plenty of good luck in the years ahead. He'd be a great man to have around the panel in whatever form."
Kind words indeed Jimbo fair play to you.

CiarraiMick (Dublin) - Posts: 2694 - 21/04/2021 23:22:59    2338288

Link

Replying To Horsebox77:  "We'll be requesting verification on the blood line next... but sure ye could be twins, didn't someone on the main forum say ye were the same person or did I dream that.

If that's the case sure ye'd have the same date of birth :-)..."
Finger prints DNA the whole shabang and the goundrell still wouldn't be happy :-)

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 13475 - 22/04/2021 00:10:36    2338292

Link

Replying To KingdomBoy1:  "Finger prints DNA the whole shabang and the goundrell still wouldn't be happy :-)"
I'd say no ye are so close that if I pinched one you both would jump.

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - Posts: 5462 - 22/04/2021 10:49:18    2338332

Link