Kerry Forum

Off Season Discussions Thread

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Yeah I was of the opinion Kevin Mac was gone since last year so I don't understand. I heard he was ousted last year but it's a pity really cos he a very talented player. Did nt gear who else gone from panel

CiarraiMick (Dublin) - Posts: 632 - 25/09/2020 13:05:48    2294020

Link

Others gone from panel are Eoghan O'Brien, Sean T Dillon and Barry Mahony. Nothing too surprising, I think Barry Mahony is good enough to be on the panel but he's just had so many injuries.

Kerry15 (Kerry) - Posts: 597 - 25/09/2020 22:46:35    2294135

Link

Replying To Kerry15:  "Others gone from panel are Eoghan O'Brien, Sean T Dillon and Barry Mahony. Nothing too surprising, I think Barry Mahony is good enough to be on the panel but he's just had so many injuries."
I was reading last night that Pa Kilkenny is on the panel again and I'm delighted for him as I thought he was harshly treated by Fitzmaurice.

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 11740 - 26/09/2020 10:13:43    2294158

Link

Has anyone got a list of the full panel?

CiarraiMick (Dublin) - Posts: 632 - 26/09/2020 13:15:33    2294170

Link

Lost the Streaming after 10 minutes and cannot re-connect.

Gaa Fan (USA) - Posts: 542 - 26/09/2020 19:25:42    2294200

Link

Replying To Gaa Fan:  "Lost the Streaming after 10 minutes and cannot re-connect."
I know, it's really frustrating after paying €10 earlier today for it. Mine froze after ten minutes and didn't come back until the 21st minute.

Great first half but Mid Kerry have fallen apart now, what a goal by the main man David Clifford!
Mid Kerry were the better team in the first half and really really shot themselves in the foot with those 8 wides!!

TheHermit (Kerry) - Posts: 5831 - 26/09/2020 20:05:40    2294204

Link

Ya I was the same lost most of second quarter but had all the second half, I'll prob watch again during the week.

PK will be happy with whst he saw, Peter Crowley was comfortable, Pa Kilkenny had a mighty tussle with Paudie- ok Paudie didn't score but was heavily involved in majority of scores, the second goal being the best example. Sherwood has a solid outing again nothing spectacular just consistant and safe as was Ryan in goals. Breen had the hands full but he is worth a look. Dara kicked 2 great scores but DC's goal.. the 3 of us on the couch jumped.. just a cracker, keeper left standing by a 20 yarder... guessing he's MOTM....

But like I said of everyone watching PK and Co eill be pleased.

Hermit - two NK 1/4 results Brosna 2-14 to Duagh 0-12 and Beale 2-14 to Knock 2-12....

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - Posts: 4878 - 26/09/2020 20:39:03    2294210

Link

Replying To TheHermit:  "I know, it's really frustrating after paying €10 earlier today for it. Mine froze after ten minutes and didn't come back until the 21st minute.

Great first half but Mid Kerry have fallen apart now, what a goal by the main man David Clifford!
Mid Kerry were the better team in the first half and really really shot themselves in the foot with those 8 wides!!"
I lost it for 5 mins, we just came out of the live stream and then went back into it and it and it worked grand for the rest of the game.

The game its self went as expected but MK could have made a game out of it if they had scored those points.

Pa had a good game on Paud Clifford but Carey not so go good on David.

Will David keep the captaincy for 2021?

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 11740 - 26/09/2020 20:45:25    2294212

Link

Replying To KingdomBoy1:  "I lost it for 5 mins, we just came out of the live stream and then went back into it and it and it worked grand for the rest of the game.

The game its self went as expected but MK could have made a game out of it if they had scored those points.

Pa had a good game on Paud Clifford but Carey not so go good on David.

Will David keep the captaincy for 2021?"
Sorry meant Breen not Carey on David.

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 11740 - 26/09/2020 21:12:37    2294220

Link

Yeah David Clifford's goal was a Jesus Christ wow moment!

But Mid Kerry, thoes wides in the front half were such a killer for them.

Pity it fizzled out I was looking forward to a right down to the wire tussle!

That's some scoring by BallyB and Brosns Horse, are they the two teams to beat this year? The Knock game sounded like a good one.
Are they streaming any of them at all?

TheHermit (Kerry) - Posts: 5831 - 26/09/2020 21:43:23    2294226

Link

Will David keep the captaincy for 2021.

As a guaranteed starter- Ryan Paul and DC are the only three guaranteed starters- others like Sherwood, Dara Moynihan, Paudie etc have serious roles to play but for me DC should remain in situ

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - Posts: 4878 - 26/09/2020 22:00:11    2294230

Link

Fantastic goal by David last night and Dara Roche very good too by all accounts. Won't be long now till Nov 8th in the Páirc v Cork which is a game I'm very worried about. One slip up and we gone. The hurlers get 2nd chance but not the footballers. Also the u 20 semi getting near and we really need to win this year. Surely we can get something out of the 5 winning minor teams P. G. Cork won u 20 last year altho on two occasions in the minors (during our 5 in row) we were very lucky to beat Cork who had no 2nd chance as we beat them in semi finals and who knows the might have won if they had a 3nd chance like last year. Anyway we live in hope that we will be ready when the time comes and in all codes.

CiarraiMick (Dublin) - Posts: 632 - 27/09/2020 10:23:54    2294259

Link

Replying To Gaa Fan:  "Lost the Streaming after 10 minutes and cannot re-connect."
Streaming back on after ten minutes and excellent afterwards. Good game and a great job by the referee, you would not know he was on the pitch.

Gaa Fan (USA) - Posts: 542 - 27/09/2020 17:19:58    2294315

Link

Jack Sherwood announced as player of the championshipSurely in with a great chance now of a starting position. Mr. Dependable.

CiarraiMick (Dublin) - Posts: 632 - 30/09/2020 12:11:29    2294867

Link

I see Dermo is gone.

Great player on the field, off it well he wouldn't be my cup of tae.

The Dubs are eulogizing on the main page, apparently he was the perfect antidote for the "Kerry blanket" as mister multi-username has it, Mr "its our way" or whatever corporate slogan mumbo-jumbo his re-branding Dublin as now :D

TheHermit (Kerry) - Posts: 5831 - 01/10/2020 11:31:07    2295018

Link

Replying To TheHermit:  "I see Dermo is gone.

Great player on the field, off it well he wouldn't be my cup of tae.

The Dubs are eulogizing on the main page, apparently he was the perfect antidote for the "Kerry blanket" as mister multi-username has it, Mr "its our way" or whatever corporate slogan mumbo-jumbo his re-branding Dublin as now :D"
Ya I seen that, he was a very good footballer for his club and dublin and I wish him the best for the future.

As for multiple username I wouldn't take any notice of that gannet I'd say he's only looking for a PR job.
Do you notice he can only go back as far as 2011 when it comes to talking about football :-)

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 11740 - 01/10/2020 13:14:36    2295047

Link

Yeah big news with Diarmuid retirement. One of the most skilful players I've ever seen but the last 3years he had limited playing time between his sabbatical and comeback etc. He had it all-class. Scoring ability fielding and great pace. In terms of natural skill I'd only put Maurice Fitz ahead of him. While he was pavier than Maurice Maurice could kick frees off the ground with both legs. He prob still a big loss to Dublin and was a great nan to get the crowd s gander up when brought on. Probably levels the playing field a little. Himself and Jack MC missing should give other teams great hope.

CiarraiMick (Dublin) - Posts: 632 - 01/10/2020 14:50:04    2295070

Link

Replying To CiarraiMick:  "Yeah big news with Diarmuid retirement. One of the most skilful players I've ever seen but the last 3years he had limited playing time between his sabbatical and comeback etc. He had it all-class. Scoring ability fielding and great pace. In terms of natural skill I'd only put Maurice Fitz ahead of him. While he was pavier than Maurice Maurice could kick frees off the ground with both legs. He prob still a big loss to Dublin and was a great nan to get the crowd s gander up when brought on. Probably levels the playing field a little. Himself and Jack MC missing should give other teams great hope."
He was definitely pavier than Maurice :-) he was the paveyest player iv seen play the game :-0

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 11740 - 01/10/2020 17:27:14    2295106

Link

Replying To CiarraiMick:  "Yeah big news with Diarmuid retirement. One of the most skilful players I've ever seen but the last 3years he had limited playing time between his sabbatical and comeback etc. He had it all-class. Scoring ability fielding and great pace. In terms of natural skill I'd only put Maurice Fitz ahead of him. While he was pavier than Maurice Maurice could kick frees off the ground with both legs. He prob still a big loss to Dublin and was a great nan to get the crowd s gander up when brought on. Probably levels the playing field a little. Himself and Jack MC missing should give other teams great hope."
Connolly retiring doesn't make a blind bit of difference to the championship. If he was going to have a big role to play he wouldn't be retiring. Last time he did anything of note at all at all at Inter County level was 2017.

Kerry15 (Kerry) - Posts: 597 - 01/10/2020 18:48:10    2295125

Link

Replying To KingdomBoy1:  "He was definitely pavier than Maurice :-) he was the paveyest player iv seen play the game :-0"
Pacier of course.

CiarraiMick (Dublin) - Posts: 632 - 01/10/2020 19:08:07    2295132

Link