Dublin Forum

U 20'S 2019.

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Ross McCarty and Ciaran Archer two excellent young forwards to come in and supplement the seniors in the next couple of seasons with lads like Doran, Lynch Bissett too I think.

Dubsfan28 (Dublin) - Posts: 2352 - 28/07/2019 12:17:09    2217502

Link

The brother and myself made the trip, (although that scuppers Omagh) can't get away with two away days in two weeks. Next up will be a semifinal against green and gold, equally as difficult. Doesn't matter who it's against. Dubs should give the panel players the start, it's not a crucial game, game time to the panel, avoid injuries, that's what I'd like to see.
Anyway Very enjoyable game, what a great start from Dublin, Archer is lethal. He's very well named..
Been watching Dublin like yourselves for 25 years or so and his early contribution was up there as one of the highlights, A masterclass of forward play and finishing, bang, bang. A double tap execution in seconds against a quality team and Galway proved that in how they fought back and played some fine football. They didn't let the start get to them but Archer's ridiculous contribution was just a bridge too far.
Dublin book ended the game very well, great start, excellent finish and competed very well in the middle. I was concerned before the game as they had the easier run in Leinster, I didn't think Laois performed to the best of their ability and for me Dublin weren't truly tested at all in Leinster. It was easy.
Well they answered that. They are a fine side and the improvements from last year is clear to see. I think they look like a very well managed team.
Dublin is going through a golden era of top end managers and coaches. Don't recall a time when we had so many of the right men in place. Its all organized and coordinated. It's worth noting and highlighting. Outstanding contributions being made by talented men.
Onwards to the final.. really looking forward to it.

Cork are a fine side, and can also win from behind. Very hard to call but if Cork don't handle Archer well it's there for Dublin.

jimbodub (Dublin) - Posts: 20034 - 29/07/2019 14:22:50    2218222

Link

Strange that Peadar O'Cofaigh Byrne is named at number 24 for the Dublin Seniors when he will be midfield for the u20s in an All Ireland Final the day before.

Kerry15 (Kerry) - Posts: 596 - 03/08/2019 13:25:27    2220055

Link

Brilliant second half and game management from Cork, easily the better team.

dubdec99 (Dublin) - Posts: 166 - 03/08/2019 17:18:10    2220120

Link

Good campaign in fairness, we will get some good players from this group. POCB and Archer are locks. Doran, McGarry and one or two others will fancy their chances.

Wouldn't be to critical of the young lads, but generally defending and keeping let us down. After our start it totally undermined us. But Cork were great value for the win and the better team.

Look forward to seeing some of these lads in Jan, POCB and Fenton midfield, really wets the appetite.

TheUsername (Dublin) - Posts: 3671 - 03/08/2019 21:18:23    2220279

Link

Yea POCB looks a huge prospect, I like the look of Sean Lambe and Mc Garry. Would love to see POCB and Archer get some league action next year

jacktheDub (Dublin) - Posts: 910 - 04/08/2019 13:31:16    2220580

Link

I was at the Meath Dublin 20's game today, was a good game. Just wondering any Dubs at it know if you were missing many players. Was Archer playing (think he was) and is Peader O'Cofaigh Byrne still under 20 this year?

LeitrimRoyal99 (Meath) - Posts: 832 - 04/01/2020 23:33:31    2257419

Link

Archer played in the second half.

jackhackett (Meath) - Posts: 765 - 06/01/2020 09:56:39    2257676

Link