Dublin Forum

Dublin players volunteering a training session?

(Oldest Posts First)

Just wondering if I could get a bit of advice here.

I train and manage one of my clubs underage teams (juveniles) and to be fair to the lads they are a real good bunch of kids. It's been a long year but I promised them if they put in the effort and win a county title that I would ensure they were treated to a day away as a group.

So far so good, waiting on a date for our county final so am putting plans in motion to rewards the chaps for the hard work they've put in.

One of the ideas is bringing them to the skillzone in stillorgan but I would love it if I could somehow arrange for one of the dublin players to meet with them, give them a talk or even a training session if possible.

Just out of interest I was wondering what would be the best way to go about it? Should I go through the county board or try and get contact direct with the players?

Also does anyone know what the situation is with the centre of excellence in abbotstown? Do we need to pay to use that etc as I thought it would be great for the lads to get to see it and get a session from a dublin player if possible.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

tearintom (Wexford) - Posts: 838 - 28/09/2017 21:42:36    2051496

Link

Replying To tearintom:  "Just wondering if I could get a bit of advice here.

I train and manage one of my clubs underage teams (juveniles) and to be fair to the lads they are a real good bunch of kids. It's been a long year but I promised them if they put in the effort and win a county title that I would ensure they were treated to a day away as a group.

So far so good, waiting on a date for our county final so am putting plans in motion to rewards the chaps for the hard work they've put in.

One of the ideas is bringing them to the skillzone in stillorgan but I would love it if I could somehow arrange for one of the dublin players to meet with them, give them a talk or even a training session if possible.

Just out of interest I was wondering what would be the best way to go about it? Should I go through the county board or try and get contact direct with the players?

Also does anyone know what the situation is with the centre of excellence in abbotstown? Do we need to pay to use that etc as I thought it would be great for the lads to get to see it and get a session from a dublin player if possible.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated."
I'm friend's with one of the Dublin lads and he's mentioned to me on a number of occasions just how many messages they are sent asking for signed jerseys, training sessions, appearances at awards nights etc. You're talking dozens of messages a day for some of the bigger names. I'd imagine you'd be better off going down the official route and contact DCB rather than contacting one of the lads on Twitter or Instagram because i wouldn't be surprised if they just don't read the messages anymore.

GaaGaa78 (UK) - Posts: 285 - 29/09/2017 09:16:27    2051579

Link

If you are going to stillorgan I would suggest contact kilmacud crokes, they have present dublin players and a number of ex dublin players I'm sure they would be able to sort you out with what your looking for

hill16no1man (Dublin) - Posts: 12665 - 29/09/2017 09:37:24    2051589

Link