Down Forum

Antrim League 2020 Fixtures

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Going to be a hard task- with the continued lockdown period and then the subsequent relaxation of lockdown it will still be a while before we get moving again, the Irish health minister has already stated no mass gatherings will be allowed for the foreseeable future so are we to play behind closed doors- how do we tackle the issue around shared changing rooms and showering facilities, surly a breeding ground for cross contamination, what if a player is symptomatic while in contact with both sets of players during training and matches-unfortunately I just don't see a way of providing a safe environment yet .

This season could be a whitewash I'm afraid.

Jab.Lift (Down) - Posts: 74 - 20/04/2020 15:11:00    2276328

Link

Replying To Jab.Lift:  "Going to be a hard task- with the continued lockdown period and then the subsequent relaxation of lockdown it will still be a while before we get moving again, the Irish health minister has already stated no mass gatherings will be allowed for the foreseeable future so are we to play behind closed doors- how do we tackle the issue around shared changing rooms and showering facilities, surly a breeding ground for cross contamination, what if a player is symptomatic while in contact with both sets of players during training and matches-unfortunately I just don't see a way of providing a safe environment yet .

This season could be a whitewash I'm afraid."
Yeah read that yesterday unfortunately if that's the case next year mightn't be any better if it could take up to a year and a half to get a vaccine fingers crossed long before that. But there be no sport what about people's jobs they won't be aloud back until vaccine as well I could do with going back soon myself like everyone

Awaywiththeferrys (Down) - Posts: 190 - 20/04/2020 16:47:10    2276335

Link

Well , hitting week 7 now , and plans seem to be getting put together as a path out of lockdown, will we get any games played out this year??? still a hard one to call, is it too much of an ask to put amateurs at risk even if it's a low risk, it only takes one player/coach or supporter to get infected which could cause an outbreak, it would be fantastic to put around the pitches these bright sunny nights.

What's everyone else's thoughts ?

Jab.Lift (Down) - Posts: 74 - 05/05/2020 18:31:46    2277570

Link

Replying To Jab.Lift:  "Well , hitting week 7 now , and plans seem to be getting put together as a path out of lockdown, will we get any games played out this year??? still a hard one to call, is it too much of an ask to put amateurs at risk even if it's a low risk, it only takes one player/coach or supporter to get infected which could cause an outbreak, it would be fantastic to put around the pitches these bright sunny nights.

What's everyone else's thoughts ?"
Everyone is missing it, but you're right it only takes 1 person to spread. As an amateur sport I don't think the risk should be taken, health is priority! I can't see championship games getting played, my opinion

RedDog68 (Down) - Posts: 266 - 06/05/2020 00:13:49    2277599

Link

We can only start when it's safe, so if we get games this year then we should see it as a bonus.

dufferman (Down) - Posts: 149 - 06/05/2020 13:23:22    2277629

Link

Heard there is definitely no league campaign this year championship going ahead atm sure that could change depending how we get on with lockdown lifting surely if champion ship goes ahead teams would like 3/4 challenge games or more but fingers crossed we see some club action this year

Awaywiththeferrys (Down) - Posts: 190 - 06/05/2020 16:00:20    2277638

Link

Confirmed no inter county games until October and with a date of June 20th before any club activity can resume I think croke park now need to take the lead- forget about this season and let's get things right and in place for 2021- I hate to say it but I think this is the way forward

Jab.Lift (Down) - Posts: 74 - 06/05/2020 17:58:43    2277646

Link

Confirmed no inter county games until October and with a date of June 20th before any club activity can resume I think croke park now need to take the lead- forget about this season and let's get things right and in place for 2021- I hate to say it but I think this is the way forward

Jab.Lift (Down) - Posts: 74 - 06/05/2020 18:27:11    2277650

Link

Ballycran training in Portaferry what this about

RedDog68 (Down) - Posts: 266 - 10/06/2020 09:00:56    2280241

Link

Replying To RedDog68:  "Ballycran training in Portaferry what this about"
We're they training at what's wrong with football pitch in Kircubbin not that them training in town is that big a deal is it ?

Awaywiththeferrys (Down) - Posts: 190 - 10/06/2020 14:10:33    2280286

Link

Does it really matter !!
Maybe due to Gaa grounds still off limits and other outdoor venues busy that's where they ended up training- my option is who cares- as long as we get some matches played .

Jab.Lift (Down) - Posts: 74 - 10/06/2020 15:29:52    2280302

Link

I'd say there's more of the Crans waiting for the bars in the Town to open than worrying about running the football pitch.
I've seen quite a few of the Ports out in small groups training and am sure with a short Chmpionship this year, Jeremiah will be in Portaferry park in September.

planner23 (Down) - Posts: 11 - 11/06/2020 00:10:30    2280378

Link

Replying To planner23:  "I'd say there's more of the Crans waiting for the bars in the Town to open than worrying about running the football pitch.
I've seen quite a few of the Ports out in small groups training and am sure with a short Chmpionship this year, Jeremiah will be in Portaferry park in September."
Hope your right planner23 been to long since the last championship win we're unlucky 2 years ago but that's the past hopefully get over the line this year and push on next few years

Awaywiththeferrys (Down) - Posts: 190 - 11/06/2020 13:47:09    2280427

Link