Kerry Forum

Ciarrai v Dubs

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Hard luck today but I feel so proud of Kerry and ALL played their part - the young guns passed with flying colours.

traleeexile (Kerry) - Posts: 732 - 01/09/2013 20:37:18    1472589

Link

Hard luck today but I feel so proud of Kerry and ALL played their part - the young guns passed with flying colours.

traleeexile (Kerry) - Posts: 732 - 01/09/2013 20:49:28    1472602

Link

Games turn on small things and probably today's game changer was the ref bottling it when it came to a second yellow for Johnny Cooper. Still a great game and credit to all involved on both sides with none of the blanket defence.

ponga (Mayo) - Posts: 501 - 01/09/2013 21:46:40    1472669

Link

A great game and a good Kerry performance, unfortunately caught with a sucker punch goal at the end! Midfield had a poor game today and thought that eventually swung the game for Dublin.

This team owes Kerry fans nothing for the service they have given and the success's they have given us. It has been an absolute pleasure and honour to watch Tomas O'Se for the last decade and rest assure we will never see the like again. A true warrior and kerry through and through!

Ciarrai Abu (Overseas) - Posts: 1050 - 01/09/2013 22:02:04    1472685

Link

This was a great match yesterday with both sides contributing to a tremendous battle. In this golden era for Kerry they won four AIs against Cork(2) & Mayo(2), both teams who were beaten before they reached Croke Park. Mayo are a different proposition now. This kerry team came up short when questions were answered against Tyrone (05 & 08), Dublin(11 & yesterday).After a shaky start to the season they recovered to beat Tyrone and Cavan where they have failed in the past.

Jack L (None) - Posts: 2775 - 02/09/2013 08:10:20    1472690

Link

Well it's all over for another year lads, at least we'll be able to enjoy the Listowel races in peace :-( . Roll on February .

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 11469 - 02/09/2013 08:48:32    1472704

Link

Disappointed ya, it was a game we could have won, but let slip away, I looked at the Clock at 66:25 gone and we were a point up, I was hoping we would just close out the game but we had already lost our shape and the Killer goal came soon after, as my colleague above said there was a few key moments or decisions that went against us, firstly I have to commend the team picked and they style that they played yesterday it was outstanding and a joy to watch. There were areas yesterday that did not function for what ever reason and unfort Buckley was one of them, I hate to say it after the mighty year he has had but maybe the occasion got to him but he will have many more good days ahead no doubt. The missed free before half time was costly, but I don't; understand how a game plan that was so effect and that had Dublin rattled and they were rattled even the "great" and "cool" Cluxton was at sea yesterday and his body language with his full back line was evident, but the game plan fast crisp low ball in hoping in front of the forward very effective, was changed with Donaghy's introduction, it was obvious someone like Curtin or Geaney who would run at the defence would be better suited, their speed against a back line on several yellow cards could have been better exploited. If Donaghy was to come in surely around the middle he should have been deployed, Sit Donnachadh central behind the midfield and put Kieran on the wing. Jack Sherwood too will have his day but it was premature on Fitz's part to place him in that position but I said previously our bench defence wise was limited.

Look apart from that it was a stunning game, one of the most enjoyable games in a long bit apart from the result, unfort I feel several of our star players may now vacate the throne as it were; if Mahoney, Paul, Brosnan, Tomas etc move on well then thanks lads I have had many enjoyable weekends in Cork and Dublin thanks to ye. There is however plenty to be positive to build on and with the County Championship I'd Imagine in 2 weeks hopefully 1 or 2 more players may step into the frame. I hope the Likes of Marc, Cooper and Declan will hold tough for at least another year as the basis is there going forward

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - Posts: 4815 - 02/09/2013 11:02:24    1472858

Link

Absolutely brilliant game of football yesterday played in a great manner. Yesterday may have been the last action we see of some great players like Tomas O'Se. Been a pleasure watching him play over the years and there's no doubt that he will go down as one of the all tome greats of the game.

whitegoodman (Tyrone) - Posts: 439 - 02/09/2013 11:25:56    1472897

Link

Lads,i want to say well done yesterday for a classic game of football.Ye showed the country that ye are a pure giant of gaelic football and I know that ye are heart broken this morning but ye deserve nothing but respect for being part of that game yesterday.God bless and we will cross swords again next year,no doubt.OLD MEN MY ARSE!

dubtilldead (Dublin) - Posts: 48 - 02/09/2013 11:31:06    1472905

Link

KingdomBoy1
County: Kerry

1472704 Well it's all over for another year lads, at least we'll be able to enjoy the Listowel races in peace :-( . Roll on February .

Just read your post about telling the Dublin teenagers that Kerry won... excellent!!!

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - Posts: 4815 - 02/09/2013 11:42:37    1472919

Link

Thanks lads for one of most entertaining games of football in a long time, The Gooch showed yesterday what class is, T o Shea brilliant to watch, your manager nearly pulled it off. Cian o Sullivan going back to centre half changed the game as well as our subs being stronger. I hope a lot of your lads stay on . They are a credit to your county.

AthCliath (Dublin) - Posts: 4347 - 02/09/2013 11:47:31    1472925

Link

I feel emotional writing this as yesterday was the end of a fantastic era. We almost had the Dubs yesterday but they just edged it in the end. Good luck to them in the final. What can i say our lads, they gave everything they had yesterday and we would have beaten every other team in Ireland with that display of football. Who ever decides to hang up there boots then good luck to them and a big thanks for the great times you lads have given to me. We may be down but we will be back. Ciarrai Abu.

kerry74 (Kerry) - Posts: 1354 - 02/09/2013 12:00:32    1472941

Link

lads so dissapointed this morn so close and yet so far ..but guys im also so proud of our boys they gave it there all and never took a step back words ..good luck too the ones who may go and thanks for all the great days TOMAS...PAUL..EOIN ...

STAY ON GOOCH YOU SURELY ARE ONE OF THE GREATEST

traleegerry (Kerry) - Posts: 602 - 02/09/2013 12:10:44    1472948

Link

i thouht as a neutral i come on to say well done to both teams on sundays game has to be one of the best games i have seen at croke park for some time been there on number of occasions but it was pure class game had everything you could barely take your eyes of game was played at such pace what start with goals end to end games like these pity has be a loser draw look on cards but just goes show what can happen in shorth few minutes when kerry went point up just could not get more vital scores to pull away but dublin dug deep when got 2nd goal then came 3rd it killed game of thouhgt the gooch had brillant first half the 2 sullivans up front their pace took some good scores the big question will we see some of these good players who have been around for a long time on kerry team will the stay on lets hope we wont plus hopefully we see these teams meet again and produce another classic you cant beat the atmosphere in croke with full house as i certainly enjoyed it at croke on sunday as read yous can hold your heads high hopefully we wont see end of some of the guys who have given great service to this team

Davin (Cavan) - Posts: 46 - 02/09/2013 13:38:07    1473071

Link

It really was a game of inches, 3 kerrymen go up to catch one ball and neither of them do the ball gets helped on and 5 seconds its in the back of the net. I believe had we won that kick out we would have scored going up the field, everytime we got the ball forward we looked like scoring. The lads who played yesterday were a credit to our county, and its great footballing tradition. We scored 20 points and lost which is no mean feat, and those who do retire can do so with their heads high knowing that they will be held in the highest regard.

As for the future, i don't see it as bleakly as some. The younger lads passed yesterdays tests with flying colours, the experience will help them immeasurably. They have felt the pain of losing a semi final and that will stand them in good stead.

Special mentions for Tomas O Se and Declan O'Sullivan. Both played the games of their lives out there today. Tomas' energy, drive and skill have been a pleasure to watch over the last 13 or so years and yesterday he proved that he is still the best wing back in the country. If he chooses to retire he goes down as one of the all time greats.

Declan was fantastic yesterday, worked his socks off carried the ball when we were under pressure and could have clinched it when he missed a narrow wide with us 1 point up. A truly fantastic footballer who still has so much to offer the Kingdom. Alongside the Gooch the best footballer of this generation.

Onwards and upwards.

Ciarrai (Kerry) - Posts: 28 - 02/09/2013 14:01:47    1473117

Link

The kickout that led to the McMenamin goal was the turning point as Kerry were the 1st, 2nd and 3rd favourite to get that ball. MD McAuley did incredibly well to get something on it and McMenamin who is right footed scuffed that shot which ended the game. 7 points an unfair reflection as was 5 points in '77.(My first game in Croke Park!) Yesterday was the best game I've ever seen, knocking Armagh v Tyrone semi final in 2005 off its perch. Putting Donaghy on FF didn't work as Dublin just broke the ball and Kerry's forwards weren't close enough to the big man to pick up the pieces. I can't see Mayo, without O'Connor getting enough scores to trouble Dublin. Yesterday was the All Ireland Final and both teams were magnificent. PS I like Joe Brolly, I like his passion but he's in danger of turning into a pantomime villian if he doesn't wise up.

The Face (Monaghan) - Posts: 890 - 02/09/2013 15:21:35    1473211

Link

Jack L
County: All

This was a great match yesterday with both sides contributing to a tremendous battle. In this golden era for Kerry they won four AIs against Cork(2) & Mayo(2), both teams who were beaten before they reached Croke Park. Mayo are a different proposition now. This kerry team came up short when questions were answered against Tyrone (05 & 08), Dublin(11 & yesterday).After a shaky start to the season they recovered to beat Tyrone and Cavan where they have failed in the past.

so what exactly is your point Jack L?

traleeexile (Kerry) - Posts: 732 - 02/09/2013 15:25:35    1473216

Link

Jack L rarely has a point.

The Face (Monaghan) - Posts: 890 - 02/09/2013 15:37:49    1473239

Link

Immensely proud to be a Kerryman in Croke Park yesterday. Still wrecked today so can't think straight, need time to give my proper tuppence worth!

Cute_Kerry_Hoor (Kerry) - Posts: 2518 - 02/09/2013 16:38:33    1473316

Link

Hard luck lads. In saying that keep the heads up cause yous did yourselves proud gave it all out there and showed why year year out are the team to beat.Cheers for an almighty battle...

DUB1 (Dublin) - Posts: 5583 - 02/09/2013 18:05:17    1473414

Link