St Pats v Kinawley (Draw?)
JFL 1 Rd 18
Newtownbutler v Tempo

Thur Aug 4th @ 7.30pm
SFL 2 Rd 15
Lisnaskea v Coa (Skea win)

Fri Aug 5th
SFL 1 Rd 13
Devenish v Maguiresbridge (Devenish win at home)

Sun Aug 7th @ 1pm
SFL 1 Rd 16
Irvinestown v Tempo (Irvinestown win given Tempo's poor showing this season)
Ederney v Maguiresbridge (I hear Ederney will have several key players missing next weekend so Bridge should edge a win)
Belcoo v Erne Gaels (Should be a run of the mill win for Erne Gaels)
Teemore v Devenish (A difficult one to predict but Devenish is the more hungry for pts at this stage)
Roslea vDerrygonnelly (Although Roslea has home advantage, Derrygonnelly's record win record is consistent)
SFL 2 Rd 16
Aghadrumsee v Kinawley (Should be a handy win for Kinawley)
Coa v Brookeboro (I would say it will be Coa win at home)
Newtownbutler v Belnaleck (A simple win for Newtown)
Enniskillen v St Pats (St Pats will be too good for the Gaels)
Derrylin v Lisnaskea (A Skea win)

erneboy (Fermanagh) - Posts: 1306 - 01/08/2016 10:32:25    1893374

Link

I do not see how one can predict Devenish winning when Teemore are among the top 4? Hungry Devenish may be but our Teemore team has the better appetite! Another prediction on the Ederney v M'bridge, I agree the Bridge will edge it. It won't be long now until the championship and from what I have seen in the league it would be hard to predict who are likely to be in the title race. On another aspect of the game, could someone confirm when and when not a black card applies? It has been a peculiar season of refereeing decisions and some consistency would be helpful.

hillbilly. (Fermanagh) - Posts: 28 - 02/08/2016 00:00:18    1893837

Link

On another aspect of the game, could someone confirm when and when not a black card applies? It has been a peculiar season of refereeing decisions and some consistency would be helpful.

hillbilly. (Fermanagh) - Posts:7 - 02/08/2016 00:00:18 1893837

Hillbilly, trying to predict what a typical fermanagh referee will do in any given game is next to impossible, in particular regarding the black card. I have to say I fail to see the difficuly in understaning what constitutes seeing black. it is laid out in the rules clear as day.

Deliberately pull down an opponent.
Deliberately trip an opponent with the hand(s), arm, leg or foot.
Deliberately body collide with an opponent after he has played the ball away or for the purpose of taking him out of a movement of play.
Threaten or to use abusive or provocative language or gestures to an opponent or a teammate.
Remonstrate in an aggressive manner with a Match Official.

The inconsitiency of refereeing performance in this county is unbelievavble. To be fair im sure the vast majority of these guys are genuinely nice fellas with no ill will intended in most cases, but it is so frustrating that each referee is almost known for a particular 'style' or that they are known to have certain 'vexations' that they will blow up on but do not warrant free's being given (by the rule book anyway). They impose these frees for 'fouls' anwyway in order to control the game how they see fit themselves! It is no wonder there is constant complaining done about them week in week out. How often do they train or do refresher courses? I'd love to know.
In saying all of this however I would love to see managers and coaches being made to sit referees courses as some of the stuff i've heard shouted onto the pitch from team sideines has been as equally ridiculous as some of the fouls the refs give! There is a severe lack of understanding accross the board but the major probloem is that the understanding of rules is being muddied further by the current poor referee performances.

RedRum (Fermanagh) - Posts: 269 - 02/08/2016 14:38:20    1894043

Link

Replying To RedRum:  "On another aspect of the game, could someone confirm when and when not a black card applies? It has been a peculiar season of refereeing decisions and some consistency would be helpful.

hillbilly. (Fermanagh) - Posts:7 - 02/08/2016 00:00:18 1893837

Hillbilly, trying to predict what a typical fermanagh referee will do in any given game is next to impossible, in particular regarding the black card. I have to say I fail to see the difficuly in understaning what constitutes seeing black. it is laid out in the rules clear as day.

Deliberately pull down an opponent.
Deliberately trip an opponent with the hand(s), arm, leg or foot.
Deliberately body collide with an opponent after he has played the ball away or for the purpose of taking him out of a movement of play.
Threaten or to use abusive or provocative language or gestures to an opponent or a teammate.
Remonstrate in an aggressive manner with a Match Official.

The inconsitiency of refereeing performance in this county is unbelievavble. To be fair im sure the vast majority of these guys are genuinely nice fellas with no ill will intended in most cases, but it is so frustrating that each referee is almost known for a particular 'style' or that they are known to have certain 'vexations' that they will blow up on but do not warrant free's being given (by the rule book anyway). They impose these frees for 'fouls' anwyway in order to control the game how they see fit themselves! It is no wonder there is constant complaining done about them week in week out. How often do they train or do refresher courses? I'd love to know.
In saying all of this however I would love to see managers and coaches being made to sit referees courses as some of the stuff i've heard shouted onto the pitch from team sideines has been as equally ridiculous as some of the fouls the refs give! There is a severe lack of understanding accross the board but the major probloem is that the understanding of rules is being muddied further by the current poor referee performances."
RedRum we all know the rules so we don't need educated about what the referee or his officials can do!! Therefore, slabbering about courses for managers and team officials is a bit rich coming from a Tempo supporter whose team is rock bottom of the table!! On the black card application for fouling I have witnessed the following:
1 Deliberately pull down an opponent - A black card and a yellow card issued regularly!!
2 Deliberately trip an opponent with the hand(s), arm, leg or foot - More that often a yellow card issued
3 Deliberately body collide with an opponent after he has played the ball away or for the purpose of taking him out of a movement of play - a tick, a black card and a yellow card issued!!
4 Threaten or to use abusive or provocative language or gestures to an opponent or a teammate - rarely is a black card issued.
5 Remonstrate in an aggressive manner with a Match Official - well I have seen black/yellow and a 2nd yellow with red cards issued and in one case a yellow card issued and free given because a spectator on the terrace was too vocal towards the referee!!
Talk about consistency?? Don't make me laugh!!

TurnipHead. (Fermanagh) - Posts: 214 - 02/08/2016 16:17:01    1894119

Link

Replying To TurnipHead.:  "RedRum we all know the rules so we don't need educated about what the referee or his officials can do!! Therefore, slabbering about courses for managers and team officials is a bit rich coming from a Tempo supporter whose team is rock bottom of the table!! On the black card application for fouling I have witnessed the following:
1 Deliberately pull down an opponent - A black card and a yellow card issued regularly!!
2 Deliberately trip an opponent with the hand(s), arm, leg or foot - More that often a yellow card issued
3 Deliberately body collide with an opponent after he has played the ball away or for the purpose of taking him out of a movement of play - a tick, a black card and a yellow card issued!!
4 Threaten or to use abusive or provocative language or gestures to an opponent or a teammate - rarely is a black card issued.
5 Remonstrate in an aggressive manner with a Match Official - well I have seen black/yellow and a 2nd yellow with red cards issued and in one case a yellow card issued and free given because a spectator on the terrace was too vocal towards the referee!!
Talk about consistency?? Don't make me laugh!!"
There is no doubt the refs have no idea how or when to use the black card. Its hard to believe that no two refs in Fermanagh use the same rule book. I was looking on the Kildare Hogan stand comments and I think a Kildare supporter said it all! Think there is a refs meeting tonight so may be some good will come out of this meeting.

gola (Fermanagh) - Posts: 305 - 02/08/2016 17:55:37    1894186

Link

In reply to turnip head:
RedRum we all know the rules so we don't need educated about what the referee or his officials can do!! Therefore, slabbering about courses for managers and team officials is a bit rich coming from a Tempo supporter whose team is rock bottom of the table!! On the black card application for fouling I have witnessed the following:
Talk about consistency?? Don't make me laugh!!
TurnipHead. (Fermanagh) - Posts:161 - 02/08/2016 16:17:01 18941

Eh...Turniphead I think we are both making the same point! The points you raise beside each set rule are spot on, referees in this county are not giving the correct card against the clearly set out rules for which they should apply! You are therefore agreeing with me that there is no consistency from these officials.
Why shouldnt they have to take regular refresher courses if they wish to continue refereeing division 1 and 2 senior games? Or any games for that matter. I also think my point about managers taking a rules course is valid too, as it may go some way toward controling their sometimes laughable shouts to referees from the sideline and put them better placed to control their sideline team/bench/supporters who frustrate the life out of players and officials with ludicrous 'Black card!!' calls for every foul going. No doubt youre a member of the 'behind the fence mouthpiece brigade' yourself.
As for where Tempo are in the league, how is that relevant to a discussion on general refereeing performance?

RedRum (Fermanagh) - Posts: 269 - 04/08/2016 10:04:54    1895198

Link

Eh...Turniphead I think we are both making the same point! The points you raise beside each set rule are spot on, referees in this county are not giving the correct card against the clearly set out rules for which they should apply! You are therefore agreeing with me that there is no consistency from these officials.
Why shouldnt they have to take regular refresher courses if they wish to continue refereeing division 1 and 2 senior games? Or any games for that matter. I also think my point about managers taking a rules course is valid too, as it may go some way toward controling their sometimes laughable shouts to referees from the sideline and put them better placed to control their sideline team/bench/supporters who frustrate the life out of players and officials with ludicrous 'Black card!!' calls for every foul going. No doubt youre a member of the 'behind the fence mouthpiece brigade' yourself.
As for where Tempo are in the league, how is that relevant to a discussion on general refereeing performance?
RedRum (Fermanagh) - Posts:232 - 04/08/2016 10:04:54
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well said RedRum. I agree that the abuse metered out to referees and even his supporting officials is unfortunately all too prevalent in today's game. Managers and coaches should lead by example to their players and have respect for the GAA officials. I also agree the refreshers courses for team officials would be very helpful and maybe go towards eliminating such current abuse that exists. And RedRum you'll find that the Turnip guy is actually on the touchline which highlights your point about managers' behaviour. I think he would be better trying to work out what has happen to his team and focusing on the up and coming fixture with the Bridge rather than criticising Tempo or their supporters. Mind you, as you have said, their are many more like him that really should know better that giving referees a hard time. I really do have sympathy for these refs as it must be demoralising in front of players and spectators to be subject to such constant abuse. I'm not saying that the referee or his officials get things right but he should be handled in a better way.

BigToeJoe (Fermanagh) - Posts: 131 - 04/08/2016 11:25:48    1895279

Link

WE done to Devenish last night!
SFL 1
Devenish 2-18 v Maguiresbridge 0-10

The div 1 table looks like this now
Pos. Team Pts
1 Derrygonnelly 22
2 Roslea 21
3 Erne Gaels 19
4 Teemore 19
---------------------------------
5 Irvinestown 15
6 Devenish 15
7 Ederney 15
8 Belcoo11
9 Maguiresbridge7
10 Tempo 4

BigToeJoe (Fermanagh) - Posts: 131 - 06/08/2016 11:33:56    1896543

Link

Replying To BigToeJoe:  "WE done to Devenish last night!
SFL 1
Devenish 2-18 v Maguiresbridge 0-10

The div 1 table looks like this now
Pos. Team Pts
1 Derrygonnelly 22
2 Roslea 21
3 Erne Gaels 19
4 Teemore 19
5 Irvinestown 15
6 Devenish 15
7 Ederney 15
8 Belcoo11
9 Maguiresbridge7
10 Tempo 4"
Disappointing again as St Joes is pushed back yet again in the relegation zone. They have been a bit like a yo-yo this season and that has frustrated their followers. I guess the players are somewhat confused and appear to lack strong leadership. Let's hope that tomorrow improves the situation but mind you I wouldn't be convinced given that a number of players will be just returning from a stag party. With the championship looming and last week's patchy performance against Derrygonnelly, I honestly cannot see St Joes progressing against them. Maybe next year, with essential changes, the team will once again get back to their deserving position in top four zone as the certainly have to ability to do so.

AuldGussie (Fermanagh) - Posts: 72 - 06/08/2016 13:28:35    1896580

Link

Results
SFL 1 Rd 16
Irvinestown 3-17 3-14 Tempo - Tempo must have found their form!
Ederney 0-11 1-8 Maguiresbridge - Good result Bridge which leaves Ederney still vulnerable!
Belcoo 0-10 6-7 Erne Gaels - Erne Gaels now tops the league with 23pts!
Teemore 0-15 0-13 Devenish - Close call
Roslea 3-07 0-10 Derrygonnelly - great result for Roslea!
SFL 2 Rd 16
Aghadrumsee 1-9 0-13 Kinawley
Coa v Brookeboro PP
Newtownbutler 1-14 1-10 Belnaleck
Enniskillen 0-11 2-13 St Pats
Derrylin v Lisnaskea PP

erneboy (Fermanagh) - Posts: 1306 - 07/08/2016 19:36:25    1897561

Link

well done Roslea

GAA..MAD (Meath) - Posts: 4 - 08/08/2016 14:31:23    1898086

Link

Replying To erneboy:  "Results
SFL 1 Rd 16
Irvinestown 3-17 3-14 Tempo - Tempo must have found their form!
Ederney 0-11 1-8 Maguiresbridge - Good result Bridge which leaves Ederney still vulnerable!
Belcoo 0-10 6-7 Erne Gaels - Erne Gaels now tops the league with 23pts!
Teemore 0-15 0-13 Devenish - Close call
Roslea 3-07 0-10 Derrygonnelly - great result for Roslea!
SFL 2 Rd 16
Aghadrumsee 1-9 0-13 Kinawley
Coa v Brookeboro PP
Newtownbutler 1-14 1-10 Belnaleck
Enniskillen 0-11 2-13 St Pats
Derrylin v Lisnaskea PP"
Why is the league div 1 table not updated on the official Fermanagh gGAA site to show that Roslea are top now?

abc1234 (Fermanagh) - Posts: 395 - 08/08/2016 22:16:18    1898415

Link

Sequential Adult Football Fixtures (to end of Aug 2016 -update 2)

Tue Aug 9th @ 8.00pm
SFL 2 Rd 16 Refixture
Derrylin v Lisnaskea

Fri Aug 12th @ 7.30pm
SFL 1 Rd 14 Refixture
Tempo v Maguiresbridge
SFL 2 Rd 10 Refixture
Kinawley v Newtownbutler

Sat Aug 13th
JFL 2 Final @ 5.30pm (extra time if required)
Kinawley v Enniskillen @ Brewster Park
JFL 1 Final @ 7.00pm (extra time if required)
Derrygonnelly v Roslea @ Brewster Park

Sun Aug 14th @ 1.00pm
SFL 1 Rd 17
Erne Gaels v Teemore
Derrygonnelly v Belcoo
Devenish v Irvinestown
Maguiresbridge v Roslea
Tempo v Ederney
SFL 2 Rd 17
Belnaleck v Enniskillen
Newtownbutler v Lisnaskea
St Pats v Aghadrumsee
Brookeboro v Derrylin
Coa v Kinawley

Wed Aug 17th @ 7.30pm
SFL 2 Rd 16 Refixture
Coa v Brookeboro

Fri Aug 19th @ 7.00pm
Reserve A FC Preliminary Rd
Derrygonnelly v St Pats @ Derrylin
Lisnaskea v Teemore @ Maguiresbridge
Reserve B FC Preliminary Rd
Coa v Kinawley @ Belnaleck

Sun Aug 21st @ 1.00pm
SFL 1 Rd 18
Erne Gaels v Devenish
Belcoo v Maguiresbridge
Roslea v Tempo
Ederney v Irvinestown
Teemore v Derrygonnelly
SFL 2 Rd 18
Aghadrumsee v Coa
Derrylin v Kinawley
Newtownbutler v Brookeboro
Belnaleck v St Pats
Enniskillen v Lisnaskea

Fri Aug 26th @ 7.00pm
IFC Qtr/F
Coa v Kinawley @ Derrylin
Enniskillen v Tempo @ Irvinestown

Sat Aug 27th
JFC S/F @ 3.00pm
Belnaleck v Brookeboro @ Lisnaskea
JFC S/F @ 4.30pm
Aghadrumsee v Newtownbutler @ Lisnaskea
SFC Qtr/F @ 5.30pm
Erne Gaels v Irvinestown @ Derrygonnelly
SFC Qtr/F @ 7.00pm
Devenish v Teemore @ Derrygonnelly

Sun Aug 28th
SFC Qtr/F @ 1.30pm
Roslea v St Pats @ Brewster Park
SFC Qtr/F @ 3.00pm
Ederney v Derrygonnelly @ Brewster Park
IFC Qtr/F @ 5.30pm
Maguiresbridge v Derrylin @ Tempo
IFC Qtr/F @ 7.00pm
Lisnaskea v Belcoo @ Tempo

Tue Aug 30th @ 7.00pm
Reserve A & B FC Preliminary Rd Replays

Fri Sept 2nd @ TBC
IFC & SFC Q/F & JFC Rd 1 Replays

erneboy (Fermanagh) - Posts: 1306 - 08/08/2016 22:33:31    1898440

Link

Updated leagues tables:
SFC 1
Pos. Team P W L D F A Pts
------------------------------------------ Top Performers-----------------------------------
1 Roslea 16 11 4 1 245 211 23
2 Derrygonnelly 16 11 5 0 292 198 22
3 Erne Gaels 16 10 5 1 263 211 21
4 Teemore 16 9 4 3 231 197 21
--------------------------------------Mediocre Performers--------------------------------
5 Irvinestown 16 7 6 3 254 250 17
6 Ederney 16 7 7 2 223 236 16
------------------------------------------The Strugglers--------------------------------------
7 Devenish 16 7 8 1 231 232 15
8 Belcoo 16 5 10 1 200 234 11
9 Maguiresbridge 15 3 10 2 193 263 8
10 Tempo 15 1 12 2 145 245 4
SFC 2
Pos. Team P W L D F A Pts
------------------------------------------ Top Performers-----------------------------------
1 St Pats 16 14 2 0 345 167 28
2 Kinawley 15 14 1 0 268 155 28
3 Newtownbutler 15 10 3 2 255 195 22
4 Aghadrumsee 16 10 5 1 256 196 21
--------------------------------------Mediocre Performers--------------------------------
5 Lisnaskea 15 9 6 0 233 207 18
6 Enniskillen 16 4 9 3 203 219 11
------------------------------------------The Strugglers--------------------------------------
7 Derrylin 15 4 9 2 194 235 10
8 Belnaleck 16 3 10 3 203 247 9
9 Coa 15 2 12 1 136 256 5
10 Brookeboro 15 1 14 0 119 335 2

erneboy (Fermanagh) - Posts: 1306 - 09/08/2016 09:58:55    1898579

Link

I must congratulate the fixtures committee of the County Board on how they have managed the leagues this season so effectively. It makes me feel proud to be associated with our Gaels club and one of our most active members Greg Kelly in respect of the tireless work he does for both the county and club alike!

That's what keeps our small county so relevant on the GAA scene as a whole.

ekn_teacher (Fermanagh) - Posts: 243 - 11/08/2016 00:49:48    1899707

Link

The fixtures have been dealt well with this year in fairness, but don't forget we didn't get to the Quarter - Final as we did the previous year.

Looking onto next year I think a lot of club players would like to see games on a Friday, Saturday rather than having to waste your whole weekend waiting for a game on a Sunday!

sidelinecut40 (Fermanagh) - Posts: 84 - 11/08/2016 12:51:18    1899842

Link

Replying To sidelinecut40:  "The fixtures have been dealt well with this year in fairness, but don't forget we didn't get to the Quarter - Final as we did the previous year.

Looking onto next year I think a lot of club players would like to see games on a Friday, Saturday rather than having to waste your whole weekend waiting for a game on a Sunday!"
Hi sidelinecut40 that sounds like a bit of qualified or reserved acknowledgement and that shows little respect for what Greg and his colleagues have achieved this year. To say that non-participation in an All Ireland quarter-final this year was simply the reason for last year's farce where there was about a 3 months of no senior club leagues games, is not true. The CCC has made an excellent strides to fulfill their promise to complete the league fixtures on time. Therefore I, like most genuine GAA people involved in Fermanagh club football. would give their unqualified praise for what has been achieved so far.

gaalltheway (Fermanagh) - Posts: 765 - 11/08/2016 14:34:02    1899904

Link

Replying To sidelinecut40:  "The fixtures have been dealt well with this year in fairness, but don't forget we didn't get to the Quarter - Final as we did the previous year.

Looking onto next year I think a lot of club players would like to see games on a Friday, Saturday rather than having to waste your whole weekend waiting for a game on a Sunday!"
Think I would agree with Sidelinecut more games on a Friday or Saturday night. Good to see the leagues finishing on time but do not think its due to G Kelly its was all down to Fermanagh not beating Mayo. As for Ekn teacher you say ___proud to be associated with our Gaels club__ not so sure if I would be proud of a club that could not use an electronic score board for four ladies finals played on your ground on Saturday last. Surely any final deserves to be treated equally and fairly.!!

gola (Fermanagh) - Posts: 305 - 11/08/2016 14:40:47    1899908

Link

Hi sidelinecut40 that sounds like a bit of qualified or reserved acknowledgement and that shows little respect for what Greg and his colleagues have achieved this year. To say that non-participation in an All Ireland quarter-final this year was simply the reason for last year's farce where there was about a 3 months of no senior club leagues games, is not true. The CCC has made an excellent strides to fulfill their promise to complete the league fixtures on time. Therefore I, like most genuine GAA people involved in Fermanagh club football. would give their unqualified praise for what has been achieved so far.
gaalltheway (Fermanagh) - Posts:684 - 11/08/2016 14:34:02
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
gaalltheway, I have the up most respect for all who volunteer their services for Fermanagh football. If Fermanagh would have got further in the All Ireland Series this would obviously have impacted on fixtures! CCC have dealt better with fixtures this year but if you took a vote across all club players in the county, more games on a Friday and Saturday next year would win hands down! This would represent a positive step forward for the club player and maybe see more players turn out for clubs.

sidelinecut40 (Fermanagh) - Posts: 84 - 12/08/2016 11:03:19    1900211

Link

Correct every game being played should have the scoreboard in use, especially a final at the county ground. It is a great help to the players and the supporters to have a scoreboard in place. The fixtures have been great for senior games. The Junior fixtures defo took a slip for the last few rounds. with 1 club in Div 1 earning more points by teams not fielding that them playing games. Which is worrying!

VODAFONE (Fermanagh) - Posts: 80 - 13/08/2016 09:03:33    1900502

Link