Donegal Forum

Streaming Service

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Watched Glenties v Glenfinn last week and coverage was perfect.
Next day Gweedore v Mccools not so good, missed about 50 % of 2nd half including the penalty.
So far very poor today. Missed the Gweedore goal and couple of points.

HEREBENJI (Donegal) - Posts: 407 - 12/09/2020 17:54:37    2291709

Link

Very stop start for a service that you are paying for. Moving it to Facebook in the middle of the game is a bit of a joke. Great service when fully operational, an absolute torture when it's giving bother like that.

ballboy101 (Donegal) - Posts: 168 - 12/09/2020 18:56:01    2291715

Link

Replying To ballboy101:  "Very stop start for a service that you are paying for. Moving it to Facebook in the middle of the game is a bit of a joke. Great service when fully operational, an absolute torture when it's giving bother like that."
I'm not on Facebook so missed full 2nd half, had to just listen to Highland. They should be refunding. Had a full week to sorry out any issues.

HEREBENJI (Donegal) - Posts: 407 - 12/09/2020 19:46:28    2291726

Link

Replying To HEREBENJI:  "I'm not on Facebook so missed full 2nd half, had to just listen to Highland. They should be refunding. Had a full week to sorry out any issues."
Letterkenny only good for ladies football and hurling

ryan (Donegal) - Posts: 508 - 12/09/2020 21:51:48    2291751

Link

Awful experience with the streaming today. I never got the email with the code after getting confirmation email from paypal.

Was 3 minutes before half time before i finally got through to someone to sort it. They gave a code and while i got in, it was on the Donegal crest for at least 95% or the remaining time.

They should refund for people not getting a service they paid for.

FootballGuy (Donegal) - Posts: 125 - 12/09/2020 22:11:47    2291754

Link

watched game today good service, St Eunans were lucky to be level at fulltime , but threw it away in extra time, , Patten looking for free for the goal instead of bursting out and then O Donnell missing the free , but overall Glenties best team.

jacktheboy (Donegal) - Posts: 155 - 13/09/2020 20:50:13    2291889

Link

Stream was better today bit still lost it for parts and had to refresh to get it back. Also lost sound for parts.

Lost the stream for the red card, which was a big turning point. I feel like Eunans with the extra man should have been pushing on and beating them instead of just scraping the draw. Best chance to beat them with no Thompson and Waide.

Some amount of grit shown by Naomh Conaill though though which was impressive. Kilcar will be favourites for the final I'd imagine.

FootballGuy (Donegal) - Posts: 125 - 13/09/2020 21:38:46    2291903

Link

Replying To jacktheboy:  "watched game today good service, St Eunans were lucky to be level at fulltime , but threw it away in extra time, , Patten looking for free for the goal instead of bursting out and then O Donnell missing the free , but overall Glenties best team."
I was listening on highland radio. There was some confusion over the goal on the commentary. Did it deserve to stand?

panamasam (Australia) - Posts: 2649 - 13/09/2020 22:06:28    2291908

Link

Stream much better today but camerawork not great at times. As an added bonus they got rid of commentary for start of extra time and read out the death notices instead.

HEREBENJI (Donegal) - Posts: 407 - 13/09/2020 22:49:11    2291912

Link

Replying To panamasam:  "I was listening on highland radio. There was some confusion over the goal on the commentary. Did it deserve to stand?"
Thought it was a foul to be honest but maybe it's just that keepers normally get more protection. He caught it and Leo more or less shouldered him over the line and he dropped the ball at same time.

Normally a ref would have given a free and I think most people were expecting a free but it's a tough call. Big issue with the point that was deemed wide too. I'd say the Letterkenny men will feel aggrieved at both of those decisions.

On another note, what about the two scores from Connor 'duck' o'Donnell? Absolute class shown with both scores and were worthy of winning any game. I think this Eunans team are going to be a force to be reckoned with in the next few years.

ballboy101 (Donegal) - Posts: 168 - 13/09/2020 23:33:06    2291915

Link

Great coverage on Facebook for the 2nd half of the Kilcar game on Saturday night.
Heard the interview with the Eunans manager after today's game. Both he and his management have had 4 years with the squad, time for them to move on and bring in an experienced management team.
At underage Eunans , who used to be the benchmark, have fallen way behind too

Glenman (Donegal) - Posts: 183 - 13/09/2020 23:53:28    2291916

Link

Replying To HEREBENJI:  "Stream much better today but camerawork not great at times. As an added bonus they got rid of commentary for start of extra time and read out the death notices instead."
Yeah I thought it was strange that they couldn't get an actual commentator for the coverage. Mairtín Beag did as well as he could!

For the goal it's hard to know, I haven't seen any replays of it yet. I think that's a wee area where Patton can improve on. We know his shot stopping, and especially his kick outs are top drawer. But under a high ball I think he needs to be a bit more decisive. If he's not confident gathering it then get the fists to it. That might be a wee bit harsh, but I'm just thinking back to the Dublin league game in February where something similar occurred.

Ciaran Thompson's point was superb to win it. Hopefully he'll be fit for the final. You want both teams to be at full strength.

Last thing I'll say is that I hope to God both teams play football in the final The final of 2017 was horrible to watch. I know there's not a lot between the teams and noone wants to lose a final. But even going by yesterday's game - fair enough it got a bit exciting in extra time. But for the majority of the match it was constipated football.

Lockjaw (Donegal) - Posts: 7391 - 14/09/2020 09:10:59    2291942

Link

The Streaming service worked perfect for me a bit jumpy at time but was grand.

The issue I had with the game was the ref he ruined that game and both teams can have arguments here as I've watched it back AJ literally does nothing to deserve the red card he didn't even deserve a yellow.

As for the goal Patton wasn't shouldered over the line Leo punched the ball out of his hands and Patton became a grammy nominated actor a long with a lot of the Eunans players.

I could write a list of things Seamus got wrong yesterday but thankfully the better team won in the end.

naomh_conaill_4 (Donegal) - Posts: 391 - 14/09/2020 09:49:10    2291949

Link

Both games were desperate.Both stuck in a defensive systems and strangling the game.Would you be bothered watching i infairness

ifindoubt (Donegal) - Posts: 124 - 14/09/2020 10:46:54    2291963

Link

Replying To ifindoubt:  "Both games were desperate.Both stuck in a defensive systems and strangling the game.Would you be bothered watching i infairness"
Yeah I know the teams involved won't care so long as they're winning. But the contrast in entertainment value between our championship and the Tyrone championship is night and day.

Lockjaw (Donegal) - Posts: 7391 - 14/09/2020 11:19:40    2291978

Link

Replying To naomh_conaill_4:  "The Streaming service worked perfect for me a bit jumpy at time but was grand.

The issue I had with the game was the ref he ruined that game and both teams can have arguments here as I've watched it back AJ literally does nothing to deserve the red card he didn't even deserve a yellow.

As for the goal Patton wasn't shouldered over the line Leo punched the ball out of his hands and Patton became a grammy nominated actor a long with a lot of the Eunans players.

I could write a list of things Seamus got wrong yesterday but thankfully the better team won in the end."
I find it interesting how you speak on only things that you felt went against Naomh Conaill. There was a point that Rory Kavanagh kicked which seemed to have been between the posts as the st Eunans players and bench were furious. But I agree with some of your points in terms of decisions.Massive credit to naomh Conaill though. Showed serious guts and determination with that never say die attitude which they have shown time and time. Hopefully AJ gets that red card overturned. It did not seem to warrant a red card in the first place. It will be a sore one for St Eunans to take considering the position they were in.

Gstar14 (Donegal) - Posts: 7 - 14/09/2020 12:28:39    2292003

Link

Replying To ifindoubt:  "Both games were desperate.Both stuck in a defensive systems and strangling the game.Would you be bothered watching i infairness"
It was never going to be any other way unfortunately especially when the red card came. I don't think the defensive brand of football particularly suits St Eunans from what I have seen of them. Anytime they move the ball quickly they create danger especially with a player like Eoin McGeehin who is great at winning his own ball and has great awareness of players movement around him. But easier said than done against NC who rarely lose their defensive shape and the pressure they apply to opponents in possession.

panamasam (Australia) - Posts: 2649 - 14/09/2020 12:44:40    2292009

Link

Replying To Gstar14:  "I find it interesting how you speak on only things that you felt went against Naomh Conaill. There was a point that Rory Kavanagh kicked which seemed to have been between the posts as the st Eunans players and bench were furious. But I agree with some of your points in terms of decisions.Massive credit to naomh Conaill though. Showed serious guts and determination with that never say die attitude which they have shown time and time. Hopefully AJ gets that red card overturned. It did not seem to warrant a red card in the first place. It will be a sore one for St Eunans to take considering the position they were in."
As mentioned both teams can have complaints from the view of the stream I don't know if the ball went over the bar but as you say it seemed by the reaction it did. Jack McKelvey should have got a black not a yellow would've been no difference as he already had a yellow and for the goal if it was judged as a free out it would've been understandable so no I definitely wont speak only of things against us as I feel he was shocking for both.

Can someone explain why at the end he threw the ball up when two balls were on the field and NC were in possession and to top it up throws the ball up to a Eunans man with no NC player about? how about the equalising score when Caolan ward touched the ball on the ground but yet he got the free?

The standard of Refereeing in donegal is a joke with little to no young refs coming through. There was so many yellow cards yesterday and tbh it wasn't that type game to have them all Martin Mchugh mentioned it in commentary as well

naomh_conaill_4 (Donegal) - Posts: 391 - 14/09/2020 12:52:16    2292013

Link

Replying To ballboy101:  "Thought it was a foul to be honest but maybe it's just that keepers normally get more protection. He caught it and Leo more or less shouldered him over the line and he dropped the ball at same time.

Normally a ref would have given a free and I think most people were expecting a free but it's a tough call. Big issue with the point that was deemed wide too. I'd say the Letterkenny men will feel aggrieved at both of those decisions.

On another note, what about the two scores from Connor 'duck' o'Donnell? Absolute class shown with both scores and were worthy of winning any game. I think this Eunans team are going to be a force to be reckoned with in the next few years."
I just got to see a replay of the goal incident and personally speaking I think the right call was made. Of course it is a subjective one and others might see it differently. It looks to me like Leo has played the ball whether he got his fist to it like he claimed before it got to Patton's hands or just after I cannot say. There was certainly theatrics from Shaun afterwards probably upon realising the ball ended up in the net. In my opinion he needed to be stronger there in securing the ball.

panamasam (Australia) - Posts: 2649 - 14/09/2020 12:54:27    2292015

Link

Does anybody know why there was needle between Eamon McGee and Paddy McBrearty after the final whistle on Saturday? I caught a replay of the second half streamed on fb. McGee runs straight for Paddy at full time and there was a minor tussle between them that went on for a couple of minutes. Seemed the majority of their teammates were happy to let them sort whatever between them.

panamasam (Australia) - Posts: 2649 - 14/09/2020 14:22:56    2292043

Link