Donegal Forum

Championship Prediction Competition.

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To AudiMan:  "Hi spoons2010:. Blast from the past. Honoured it was me you replied to. Honestly thought you were long gone. Hopefully you can stay with us, you were one of the more colourful posters in the past. Kilcar by 10 as Gweedore seem to have serious issues with discipline. Things are not right from what I'm hearing."
What is going on Audi Man? Reported that Michael Carroll left out for disciplinary reasons last week. From what I have seen of them this year I thought they were probably going ok while playing within themselves.

panamasam (Australia) - Posts: 2519 - 09/09/2020 13:55:39    2291297

Link

Kilcar by 2
Glenties by 1

Milford v termon draw

ballboy101 (Donegal) - Posts: 165 - 09/09/2020 14:55:07    2291314

Link

Replying To panamasam:  "What is going on Audi Man? Reported that Michael Carroll left out for disciplinary reasons last week. From what I have seen of them this year I thought they were probably going ok while playing within themselves."
Don't write off gaoth dobhair this Saturday will tell us where they are. A lot of potential there in fairness to them they were down Mc niallas and Carroll last Sunday. Whether Mc niallas is fit will probably have a big bearing on the result. Will they play carroll will be another factor. The lad has huge potential but sadly the attitude and dedication does not seem to be there. A real pity because he's good enough to make the Donegal squad if he gaves the required commitment .. I fancy them to beat kilcar as for the other semi it's hard to call will Thompson play from what I hear it could be doubtful if not eunans have a massive chance. Il put my head on the block and say st eunans.

rorysboys (Donegal) - Posts: 944 - 09/09/2020 15:49:04    2291321

Link

I think Eunans are a year or two away from being the top team in the county. Really exciting young players coming through like Mc Eniff, Mc geehin, o Donnell etc.

Glenties are a bit further forward in their development and have the advantage of more experienced players. Will be a battle but I think glenties will shade it.

Other game is anyone's guess and it seems gweedore are back to their old tricks. Michael Boyle badly missed down there.

ballboy101 (Donegal) - Posts: 165 - 09/09/2020 20:48:27    2291344

Link

Replying To panamasam:  "What is going on Audi Man? Reported that Michael Carroll left out for disciplinary reasons last week. From what I have seen of them this year I thought they were probably going ok while playing within themselves."
Hi panamasam:. Heard from different sources theres a rift in the camp, all not on same hymn sheet.

AudiMan (Donegal) - Posts: 482 - 09/09/2020 21:53:45    2291349

Link

Its great to still see Audiman is still very well versed on everthing thats happening in CLG Gaoth Dobair. Sorry I missed the competition but it would have been so unfair to have came back and won it . The weekend games NC BY 4 and GD by 2

spoons2010 (Donegal) - Posts: 251 - 09/09/2020 22:27:00    2291355

Link

Replying To AudiMan:  "Hi panamasam:. Heard from different sources theres a rift in the camp, all not on same hymn sheet."
Not reflected on the pitch in the games I watched online but hard gauge given the huge gap in class. We will certainly know more at the weekend.

panamasam (Australia) - Posts: 2519 - 09/09/2020 23:10:44    2291357

Link

Replying To rorysboys:  "Don't write off gaoth dobhair this Saturday will tell us where they are. A lot of potential there in fairness to them they were down Mc niallas and Carroll last Sunday. Whether Mc niallas is fit will probably have a big bearing on the result. Will they play carroll will be another factor. The lad has huge potential but sadly the attitude and dedication does not seem to be there. A real pity because he's good enough to make the Donegal squad if he gaves the required commitment .. I fancy them to beat kilcar as for the other semi it's hard to call will Thompson play from what I hear it could be doubtful if not eunans have a massive chance. Il put my head on the block and say st eunans."
Certainly not writing them off I would have fancied them this weekend if you took away last weekend. If MacNiallais is out you would have to give the edge to Kilcar. Unfortunate about Carroll but no real surprise. People here questioned why not more prominent within the county set up and the reasons you gave is why. He still has alot of maturing to do if he wants reach his undoubted talent.

panamasam (Australia) - Posts: 2519 - 09/09/2020 23:16:06    2291358

Link

Taking a leaf out of spoons book here is my two bobs word for the weekends games. The injuries to MacNiallis and Thompson are obviously a key factor in the final outcomes. Presuming both are fit I will go for NC by 2 points where I think they have an edge at midfield matched with their tigerish defense. In the other game I would have fancied Gweedore by 4 but with possible unrest it sways it back to Kilcar. Hard one to call so going to sit on the fence and go with a draw.

panamasam (Australia) - Posts: 2519 - 09/09/2020 23:28:44    2291360

Link

Replying To panamasam:  "Certainly not writing them off I would have fancied them this weekend if you took away last weekend. If MacNiallais is out you would have to give the edge to Kilcar. Unfortunate about Carroll but no real surprise. People here questioned why not more prominent within the county set up and the reasons you gave is why. He still has alot of maturing to do if he wants reach his undoubted talent."
Rarely comment on these forums, I just scroll through but considering if the kid has issues off the field I Don't think this forum is the place to take shots at him. Was a gentleman when he presented awards at our underage two years ago (Naomh Muire) and whenever I've met him since

Viva2012 (Donegal) - Posts: 108 - 10/09/2020 00:29:44    2291365

Link

Kilcar by 2
Glenties by 5

peiledoir20 (Donegal) - Posts: 63 - 10/09/2020 08:08:54    2291370

Link

Replying To Viva2012:  "Rarely comment on these forums, I just scroll through but considering if the kid has issues off the field I Don't think this forum is the place to take shots at him. Was a gentleman when he presented awards at our underage two years ago (Naomh Muire) and whenever I've met him since"
Yes I don't comment much on these forums either. Feel the comments towards Carroll are very much unjustified regarding him maturing and issues off the pitch. No need to bring that on these forums. A superb footballer for Gaoth Dobhair and lets hope he can showcase that talent at the weekend.

Gstar14 (Donegal) - Posts: 7 - 10/09/2020 13:57:55    2291417

Link

Lads calm down for fecks sake feeling a bit precious are we? Saying that a lad has a bit of maturing to do to reach his full potential is hardly having a pot shot now is it? And certainly nothing uncommon for one his age so hardly a slay on his character. If I was going into detail be a different story which I certainly would not do on a public forum like this. Sure it was also reported in the local media sources he was left out for possible disciplinary reasons at the weekend. Ye going to send a letter to the editors too?

panamasam (Australia) - Posts: 2519 - 10/09/2020 14:31:13    2291423

Link

Replying To panamasam:  "Lads calm down for fecks sake feeling a bit precious are we? Saying that a lad has a bit of maturing to do to reach his full potential is hardly having a pot shot now is it? And certainly nothing uncommon for one his age so hardly a slay on his character. If I was going into detail be a different story which I certainly would not do on a public forum like this. Sure it was also reported in the local media sources he was left out for possible disciplinary reasons at the weekend. Ye going to send a letter to the editors too?"
Fair enough I understand where your coming from, just so many unknowns and speculations about the issue. For all we know the buck might not enjoy his football. Hardly a reflection on his overall maturity off pitch? That's all I was getting at.

Viva2012 (Donegal) - Posts: 108 - 10/09/2020 14:49:40    2291428

Link

Replying To Viva2012:  "Fair enough I understand where your coming from, just so many unknowns and speculations about the issue. For all we know the buck might not enjoy his football. Hardly a reflection on his overall maturity off pitch? That's all I was getting at."
Like I said not going into any detail about any of that stuff on here. At the end of the day he is a talented lad whom I would like nothing more to reach his full potential especially with a view to the county.

panamasam (Australia) - Posts: 2519 - 10/09/2020 16:08:45    2291440

Link

Good to see older members back.
Get the results in for the weekend!!

TheRock2121 (Donegal) - Posts: 639 - 10/09/2020 17:36:12    2291449

Link

Gaothdobhar by 3
St eunans by 2

rorysboys (Donegal) - Posts: 944 - 10/09/2020 18:07:57    2291454

Link

I see the productivity train in Gaoth Dobair is still churning them out . It was a cracking Northern Minor Final between 2 very well balanced sides. Great free taking from the 2 sides with serious talent on view. All bodes well for both those clubs for the future . Any idea who qualified in the Deep South or in Inishowen.

spoons2010 (Donegal) - Posts: 251 - 10/09/2020 21:31:51    2291473

Link

Replying To spoons2010:  "I see the productivity train in Gaoth Dobair is still churning them out . It was a cracking Northern Minor Final between 2 very well balanced sides. Great free taking from the 2 sides with serious talent on view. All bodes well for both those clubs for the future . Any idea who qualified in the Deep South or in Inishowen."
Glenties vs four masters in bundoran tomorrow night in the south

Donegal007 (Donegal) - Posts: 18 - 10/09/2020 23:09:31    2291492

Link

Replying To spoons2010:  "I see the productivity train in Gaoth Dobair is still churning them out . It was a cracking Northern Minor Final between 2 very well balanced sides. Great free taking from the 2 sides with serious talent on view. All bodes well for both those clubs for the future . Any idea who qualified in the Deep South or in Inishowen."
Hi spoons2010: Seems to be great work going on at underage in Gweedore and Termon. Key thing for Termon is senior set-up, I see they used the same excuse your neighbours Naomh Mhuire used this year "young team". It's usually "emigration" with Naomh Mhuire. Naomh Conaill v Four Masters tonight in the South final, not sure on Inishowen.

AudiMan (Donegal) - Posts: 482 - 11/09/2020 09:36:58    2291508

Link