Wexford Forum

Eoin quigley and Malachy Travers retire

(Oldest Posts First)

i am surprirsed there was no thread on this before now,but two great servants to the purple and gold retired in the last week.regardless of what any of us thought of these 2 players in terms of their performances,their commitment to the cause through some very lean and barren years when the easiest thing would have been to abandon the setup.and their travels from dublin and cork,when others wouldn't bother from within the county,deserves at least a thank you from supporters.
unfortunately time waits for nobody and the game is now an under 25s game,but these 2 players gave what they had to give and cant be where the fingers are pointed for wexford's demise in the last 10 years.
thanks to both for their effort.
p.s. eoin quigleys point v kilkenny is undoubtedly the greatest point ever scored in croke park.

perfect10 (Wexford) - Posts: 3929 - 31/01/2014 08:48:17    1539075

Link

Delighted you put this up. Was going to do it myself. Both men were proud to wear the jersey and have always treated it with the respect it deserves. Fantastic servants who's effort and attitude could never be questioned. Thank you Eoin and Malachy. Go settle down with a camogie winner and stud. That was some point alright and in fairness to him he admitted it was an accident. Mal got a cracker in 04 against cork too. 100 odd yards

Doylerwex (Wexford) - Posts: 1722 - 31/01/2014 11:37:51    1539160

Link

2 players who battled through the lean times with little or no reward.They were not the greatest players to ever play for Wexford but they were by no means the worst(now there would be an interesting thread!)I live in Cork and the dedication of Eoin Quigley in travelling up and down to training and matches from here has to be admired.Best of luck lads and thanks for everything.

juniorbsub (Wexford) - Posts: 646 - 31/01/2014 12:55:25    1539208

Link

Agree with everything above,2 great servants through some tough times

wexico15 (Wexford) - Posts: 3034 - 31/01/2014 19:02:48    1539379

Link