USA Forum

Hurling Across the US (need some ideas)

(Oldest Posts First)

I'm going to be driving across the US in about 2 weeks and I'm planning to make a "Hurling Across The US" video for my YouTube channel. I'm looking for suggestions on what to include in the video:

My ideas so far are:

-hitting the ball from scene to scene
-solo across each State line
-hurling selfies at landmarks along the way (https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/hurlingselfie/)

Anyone have any other ideas?

playhurling (USA) - Posts: 2 - 05/12/2016 20:06:36    1938487

Link

What's your route?

Steelfixer (USA) - Posts: 41 - 12/12/2016 22:52:15    1939791

Link

come visit RI & help a guy struggling to create a youth club(hopefully getting parents involved, possibly creating an adult team as they'll need to learn so we can get refs, etc). Youth is my goal. without feeder programs our quality, or lack of, will never improve. Not to mention the group I end up surrounded by, when heading to the only decent wall w/out windows are very much in the 'at risk' category. Few have parents who can afford the cost of a helmet(most expensive first purchase), let alone when they've never heard of the sport("...no, not the sport where they sweep the ice"). Come visit southeast New England!
I'm in southern RI(East Bay), near Mass border so if there's anyone interested in helping in any capacity or have children who are curious please get in touch(email I below) hope to focus on youth but if enough parents are around, we'll keep you busy & teach you as well. I haven't the knowledge of Gaelic FB to teach much but w/a large, very talented/successful soccer crazed European population(Azorean) in town it would probably be very popular. With the recent increase in lacrosse which for a long time, & still to some degree, was considered a 'rich boy', prep-school sport for years, there's no shortage of players, male and female, who's lacrosse skills would be sharpened by some off-season hurling or camogie. Any advice, interest, questions, ...offers of help or donations of used gear(even hockey helmets), or sponsorship(doesn't take much) I would LOVE to hear from you. If I can get a handful of interested kids together for a puck about the local paper & TV station has agreed to come.
kb [email protected]

Gowran_Yank (Kilkenny) - Posts: 96 - 13/10/2019 13:45:38    2243146

Link

Replying To Gowran_Yank:  "come visit RI & help a guy struggling to create a youth club(hopefully getting parents involved, possibly creating an adult team as they'll need to learn so we can get refs, etc). Youth is my goal. without feeder programs our quality, or lack of, will never improve. Not to mention the group I end up surrounded by, when heading to the only decent wall w/out windows are very much in the 'at risk' category. Few have parents who can afford the cost of a helmet(most expensive first purchase), let alone when they've never heard of the sport("...no, not the sport where they sweep the ice"). Come visit southeast New England!
I'm in southern RI(East Bay), near Mass border so if there's anyone interested in helping in any capacity or have children who are curious please get in touch(email I below) hope to focus on youth but if enough parents are around, we'll keep you busy & teach you as well. I haven't the knowledge of Gaelic FB to teach much but w/a large, very talented/successful soccer crazed European population(Azorean) in town it would probably be very popular. With the recent increase in lacrosse which for a long time, & still to some degree, was considered a 'rich boy', prep-school sport for years, there's no shortage of players, male and female, who's lacrosse skills would be sharpened by some off-season hurling or camogie. Any advice, interest, questions, ...offers of help or donations of used gear(even hockey helmets), or sponsorship(doesn't take much) I would LOVE to hear from you. If I can get a handful of interested kids together for a puck about the local paper & TV station has agreed to come.
kb [email protected]"
Get in contact with Micky Quigg the New York Development officer. Mad for hurling and will help you in anyway he can

TheDigger (USA) - Posts: 56 - 15/10/2019 16:57:17    2243753

Link