Kerry Forum

Off Season Discussions Thread

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To foreveryoung:  "St. Barnabas was founded long before Brosnan came over. However, it's a staunchly Kerry club, but one that welcomes people from all walks of life and nooks and crannies of the world. I must ask the lads about it, but I'd say that the green n gold is coz Kerry men must have started the club in the first place. I'd say that it's just coincidence that Knocknagoshel also wear the same geansai.

And while we're at it. It's fine to call me an outsider, as I am. But over here, it takes a lot more effort and money to keep the games alive. It's no sweat to us to fly a team across to Seattle, over to Denver, or down to Tampa; up to 5-6 hours traveling at times. So, when I hear Kerry fellas complain about how difficult it is to get to Croke Park, I sigh. It was difficult in Mick O'Connell's day, and for none more so than Mick himself (I read 'A Kerry Footballer' many moons ago now). But not nowadays.

So, the next time any of you have the pleasure to make the 'long' trip up to Croke Park, or the short trip to Knocknagoshel, Beaufort, Fenit or any other pitch around that fine county of yours, get down on your knees (it is Good Friday after all) and be grateful that you're not an 'outsider'."
Of course its very hard to keep the gaa going in Ny and the rest of the US.I had friends that played over there and the travel was a killer for them.Even going from Manhattan to Gaelic park was very time consuming.I look forward to taking a trip back to Ny next year P.G. when this fecking covid phases out.

CiarraiMick (Dublin) - Posts: 1954 - 02/04/2021 20:48:33    2335838

Link

Replying To TheHermit:  "Christ if this is the level of humour they can muster in New York I'll stay clear, I'd say I'd find more laughs in a library in Leipzig.

Amazing how the Dublin apologists think this is an April Fools.

Will the book be thrown at them? Probably not but it will be a good way to underscore the farce the GAA has become over the Dub's treatment!"
It was very brazen by Dublin to break the rules and go training only twelve hours after the Gaa told everyone to hold tuff. Well this tells us one thing and that is that they are not going to ease off the gas the way some people would have us believe .

People giving out about journalists doing there jobs but willing to look past the rule breaking is bad form.

gallarus14 (Kerry) - Posts: 127 - 05/04/2021 17:08:51    2336040

Link

Replying To gallarus14:  "It was very brazen by Dublin to break the rules and go training only twelve hours after the Gaa told everyone to hold tuff. Well this tells us one thing and that is that they are not going to ease off the gas the way some people would have us believe .

People giving out about journalists doing there jobs but willing to look past the rule breaking is bad form."
I get a strange feeling the dubs did that on purpose.... Try and circle the wagons, Dessie using the mind set that it's Dublin against the world. I don't buy it that they were that naive that they thought they would get away with it.....

KerrymanStuckInDonegal (Kerry) - Posts: 134 - 05/04/2021 18:42:45    2336046

Link

Let's look down the track,,, what are the consequences,,,, none,, Let's not be naive, most senior clubs are back in some shape or form. Are the clubs wrong yes, are the counties that are back wrong yes.. we are a professional outfit. But as I said above,, there are no sequences, none so why bother...

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - Posts: 5283 - 05/04/2021 20:36:03    2336061

Link

Replying To KerrymanStuckInDonegal:  "I get a strange feeling the dubs did that on purpose.... Try and circle the wagons, Dessie using the mind set that it's Dublin against the world. I don't buy it that they were that naive that they thought they would get away with it....."
Mmm I don't know, they have spent a lot of time building up the perfect whiter than white image I can't see them wanting to lose that.

gallarus14 (Kerry) - Posts: 127 - 05/04/2021 21:19:44    2336071

Link

Replying To gallarus14:  "Mmm I don't know, they have spent a lot of time building up the perfect whiter than white image I can't see them wanting to lose that."
Exactly, that's why I can't see this training session being done without approval which means the dubs orchestrated it......

KerrymanStuckInDonegal (Kerry) - Posts: 134 - 07/04/2021 10:51:06    2336175

Link

The Farney Army in trouble as well, utter stupidity at this stage by any set-up that things in this day and age of camera phones they can get away with it.

A week on from the Dublin fiasco and still nothing from Croke Park in terms of an official punishment, disgraceful if they do nothing and just accept Dublin's internal ban.

TheHermit (Kerry) - Posts: 6110 - 08/04/2021 08:57:28    2336236

Link

Replying To TheHermit:  "The Farney Army in trouble as well, utter stupidity at this stage by any set-up that things in this day and age of camera phones they can get away with it.

A week on from the Dublin fiasco and still nothing from Croke Park in terms of an official punishment, disgraceful if they do nothing and just accept Dublin's internal ban."
Ah hi if i was Monaghan I would do nothing internal cos the CCCC imposed no sanctions on Dublin. They cannot in turn hit the Monaghan boys with a penalty a they would be wide open in an appeal as the proper and recognised procedures where not adhered to in the Dublin instance.

This new occurrence has put the Gaa top table in a precarious position. Unless they impose a ban on all parties.

It also may force their hand to opening up training.

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - Posts: 5283 - 08/04/2021 10:24:22    2336254

Link

Replying To TheHermit:  "The Farney Army in trouble as well, utter stupidity at this stage by any set-up that things in this day and age of camera phones they can get away with it.

A week on from the Dublin fiasco and still nothing from Croke Park in terms of an official punishment, disgraceful if they do nothing and just accept Dublin's internal ban."
The hermit the gaa will have to try everything they can to try and make this disappear for the dubs as the dubs will tell them that all this bad press could have a bad effect on their "brand" the gaa will give sacrificial Dessie a 12 week ban which will run concurrently with the ban the dubs gave him and the dublin team will thank him for his sacrifice by winning the 7 in a row (I hear Disney are trying to buy the rights for this story of 1 man's fight against his sports governing body)

And the Monaghan story if true will take the sting out of it now but the gaa's lack of movement against the dubs on the issue probably sent a message to other teams that sure we'll break the rules and the management will take the hit.

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 12931 - 08/04/2021 10:58:35    2336263

Link

Replying To KingdomBoy1:  "The hermit the gaa will have to try everything they can to try and make this disappear for the dubs as the dubs will tell them that all this bad press could have a bad effect on their "brand" the gaa will give sacrificial Dessie a 12 week ban which will run concurrently with the ban the dubs gave him and the dublin team will thank him for his sacrifice by winning the 7 in a row (I hear Disney are trying to buy the rights for this story of 1 man's fight against his sports governing body)

And the Monaghan story if true will take the sting out of it now but the gaa's lack of movement against the dubs on the issue probably sent a message to other teams that sure we'll break the rules and the management will take the hit."
Interesting last point Kingdomboy, I didn't think of that but its probably true. Seeing as the GAA refused to come down hard and quick on Dublin it surely made some other counties go F*ck it and take the risk knowing the penalty would not be too significant in the long run.

It just underlines what's happened over the last decade, this truly is 'D-GAA' now, one rule for the almighty Dubs and to hell with the rest!

TheHermit (Kerry) - Posts: 6110 - 08/04/2021 11:11:50    2336267

Link

Replying To TheHermit:  "Interesting last point Kingdomboy, I didn't think of that but its probably true. Seeing as the GAA refused to come down hard and quick on Dublin it surely made some other counties go F*ck it and take the risk knowing the penalty would not be too significant in the long run.

It just underlines what's happened over the last decade, this truly is 'D-GAA' now, one rule for the almighty Dubs and to hell with the rest!"
What a load of bitter nonsense

superbluedub (Dublin) - Posts: 2545 - 08/04/2021 14:35:53    2336339

Link

Replying To superbluedub:  "What a load of bitter nonsense"
Admittedly at times things here can get clouded and venomous- however in this scenario people's lives and livelihoods are at stake- the actions of players, coaches and boards in allowing or advocating such activities is actually criminal.

Regardless if it's Cork, Down, Dublin, Monaghan or even my own Kerry .. this is not acceptable. You are on here long enough so I'm sure you have read a lot if my posts, you often throw about accusations but hand and heart I don't think you can justify the same accusations at me.

If rules are broken then rules are broken and the same actions or sanctions have to be imposed by the same governing body to All. Otherwise it's just a sports anarchy.

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - Posts: 5283 - 08/04/2021 15:38:18    2336357

Link

Replying To TheHermit:  "Interesting last point Kingdomboy, I didn't think of that but its probably true. Seeing as the GAA refused to come down hard and quick on Dublin it surely made some other counties go F*ck it and take the risk knowing the penalty would not be too significant in the long run.

It just underlines what's happened over the last decade, this truly is 'D-GAA' now, one rule for the almighty Dubs and to hell with the rest!"
Ya the gaa dithering probably looking for ways of not punishing their dubs the hermit left it open for others to do semilar.

It's gas if it had been Kerry that was caught I think we'd have seen the main forum go into melt down with the lads sticking up for the dubs calling for us to be thrown out of the competition.

Thank god we stayed out of that thread because they would have turned it into a Kerry dub thing and I even see realdub trying to goad Kerry posters into it.

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 12931 - 08/04/2021 16:22:04    2336380

Link

Replying To Horsebox77:  "Admittedly at times things here can get clouded and venomous- however in this scenario people's lives and livelihoods are at stake- the actions of players, coaches and boards in allowing or advocating such activities is actually criminal.

Regardless if it's Cork, Down, Dublin, Monaghan or even my own Kerry .. this is not acceptable. You are on here long enough so I'm sure you have read a lot if my posts, you often throw about accusations but hand and heart I don't think you can justify the same accusations at me.

If rules are broken then rules are broken and the same actions or sanctions have to be imposed by the same governing body to All. Otherwise it's just a sports anarchy."
I agree horsebox. However, it's not the individual county boards nor the CCCC that I want to see investigating these breaches. It is An Garda Siochana! The book should be fired at everyone involved in these breaches. The players themselves cannot be allowed hide behind management, nor management behind county boards. Someone somewhere made the decision to meet and train. That decision maker and all that toed the line should be investigated and face the full rigors of the law.

And it seems quite a lot of counties have been at it!

foreveryoung (USA) - Posts: 401 - 08/04/2021 16:53:31    2336395

Link

Replying To foreveryoung:  "I agree horsebox. However, it's not the individual county boards nor the CCCC that I want to see investigating these breaches. It is An Garda Siochana! The book should be fired at everyone involved in these breaches. The players themselves cannot be allowed hide behind management, nor management behind county boards. Someone somewhere made the decision to meet and train. That decision maker and all that toed the line should be investigated and face the full rigors of the law.

And it seems quite a lot of counties have been at it!"
Straight knock out again in the football championship this year. Good to see! Last year there was great interest and excitement, due to Cavan and Tipp, plus the high profile one chance games like Donegal and Tyrone, Cork and Kerry, Galway and Mayo...

Final fixed for weekend of Aug 28/29. I suppose it's as close to September as they could get!

Looking forward to it! Pity NY won't be allowed participate either this year. That's my only qualm, but under the circumstances...!

foreveryoung (USA) - Posts: 401 - 08/04/2021 17:46:46    2336411

Link

So now we know, kind of.... We will get to play Roscommon, Dublin and Galway in the league and hopefully a fourth game if we qualify for the final..... No backdoor means that even if we win it all, Kerry will only play 7 games or eight if we qualify for League final and it goes ahead...
I think its very good that we get a crack off Dublin in the League..... I dont think my colleagues in Donegal will be too happy having to play Armagh Monghan and Tyrone... All four counties will kill each other. Each game is going to be a coin toss... it will be very interesting too how Ulster Championship Draw goes.... you could have Donegal drawing any of those three counties in the first round of Ulster...
Does anyone know when they propose to do the Provincial Draws????

KerrymanStuckInDonegal (Kerry) - Posts: 134 - 08/04/2021 17:59:12    2336413

Link

Replying To Horsebox77:  "Admittedly at times things here can get clouded and venomous- however in this scenario people's lives and livelihoods are at stake- the actions of players, coaches and boards in allowing or advocating such activities is actually criminal.

If rules are broken then rules are broken and the same actions or sanctions have to be imposed by the same governing body to All. Otherwise it's just a sports anarchy."
Agree with what you say , ref rules being broken and sanctions need to be handed out
However my post was not for you ? This is the nonsense i was talking about

superbluedub (Dublin) - Posts: 2545 - 08/04/2021 19:11:19    2336427

Link

Replying To superbluedub:  "What a load of bitter nonsense"
Jays the Dub fans must be raging, that sleek Merc of a PR image reduced to looking like an old bachelor farmer's 1989 Corolla this last week!!

On a more serious note, what sort of paranoia does a fella have inside him to be constantly stalking another COUNTY forum just in case his team are mentioned. The evenings are nice and long these days pal, go get your daily 5km :D

TheHermit (Kerry) - Posts: 6110 - 08/04/2021 19:19:45    2336433

Link

Just marking off the calendar in the kitchen there with the revised Master plan fixtures.

It's going to be some intense schedule for the League for Kerry and the rest. Non-stop for six weekends straight for the county making the final.

What's the story, its two regional groups of 4? What's our group, Dublin, Galway and who?

Back to straight knock-out again, they better effin play for the full 70-75 minutes this year. If I see another repeat of the Cork performance I'll head the lynching mob myself!

Keane is under big pressure this year lads, but then when is a Kerry manager ever not?

TheHermit (Kerry) - Posts: 6110 - 08/04/2021 19:22:51    2336435

Link

Straight KO in football again and no open draw. Dublin can plan for two games to win Sam. Kerry 3 and Connaught 3 while once again Ulster have a dogfight even to get out of the provence. Don't like the league format either although I know it's cos of travel.

CiarraiMick (Dublin) - Posts: 1954 - 08/04/2021 19:25:29    2336440

Link