Kerry Forum

Off Season Discussions Thread

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

The Dirty Dubs again...

TheHermit (Kerry) - Posts: 6110 - 01/04/2021 11:21:38    2335528

Link

Replying To TheHermit:  "The Dirty Dubs again..."
Many's the good day I spent fishing around the coast of Kerry. Today's the first time that I've ever seen a 'hermit' caught. What breed are you of? I'd have my money on the cod family.

foreveryoung (USA) - Posts: 401 - 01/04/2021 13:06:41    2335586

Link

Christ if this is the level of humour they can muster in New York I'll stay clear, I'd say I'd find more laughs in a library in Leipzig.

Amazing how the Dublin apologists think this is an April Fools.

Will the book be thrown at them? Probably not but it will be a good way to underscore the farce the GAA has become over the Dub's treatment!

TheHermit (Kerry) - Posts: 6110 - 01/04/2021 13:57:35    2335602

Link

Replying To TheHermit:  "The Dirty Dubs again..."
I wouldn't expect anything less from that crowd the hermit, I was just reading it on the main forum and it's hilarious watching jimbo scrambling around the place :-)

Con ó Callaghan was interviewed 2 days ago and he was giving it all the oh I'm mad to get back training but we'll just have to wait till the gaa give us the green light. All lies and cover up.

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 12931 - 01/04/2021 14:32:07    2335609

Link

Replying To TheHermit:  "Christ if this is the level of humour they can muster in New York I'll stay clear, I'd say I'd find more laughs in a library in Leipzig.

Amazing how the Dublin apologists think this is an April Fools.

Will the book be thrown at them? Probably not but it will be a good way to underscore the farce the GAA has become over the Dub's treatment!"
It looks like the yank Fisher man is the real Cod :-)

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 12931 - 01/04/2021 17:19:59    2335649

Link

12 weeks, I wonder when this takes effect from, today of the official first day of collective training.

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - Posts: 5283 - 01/04/2021 20:06:26    2335689

Link

Lads did ye read the statement, "Dublin Gaa" have suspended Dessie, Dublin Gaa??. Not "The Gaa" is this a case of local board level prompting the CCCC and getting their speàl in first... but like Man United back in the day suspending Cantona for the spectator kick before the FA got in....

MCCarthy from Cork was suspended by the CCCC... not the Cork County Board.... sounds strange to me.

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - Posts: 5283 - 01/04/2021 20:48:22    2335699

Link

Replying To Horsebox77:  "12 weeks, I wonder when this takes effect from, today of the official first day of collective training."
An immediate 12 week ban so straight away horse, sure he'll have to be back on the sideline for their semifinal and final.

I wonder were they training in pods of 9 ? They probably have a panel of 36, 9 we're caught so there were probably 3 other locations as well but only 1 pod got caught.

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 12931 - 01/04/2021 20:56:25    2335701

Link

Replying To Horsebox77:  "Lads did ye read the statement, "Dublin Gaa" have suspended Dessie, Dublin Gaa??. Not "The Gaa" is this a case of local board level prompting the CCCC and getting their speàl in first... but like Man United back in the day suspending Cantona for the spectator kick before the FA got in....

MCCarthy from Cork was suspended by the CCCC... not the Cork County Board.... sounds strange to me."
You would hope that whatever the Dubs do internally, the GAA still come out and issue an official punishment.

TheHermit (Kerry) - Posts: 6110 - 01/04/2021 21:43:54    2335711

Link

Replying To Horsebox77:  "Lads did ye read the statement, "Dublin Gaa" have suspended Dessie, Dublin Gaa??. Not "The Gaa" is this a case of local board level prompting the CCCC and getting their speàl in first... but like Man United back in the day suspending Cantona for the spectator kick before the FA got in....

MCCarthy from Cork was suspended by the CCCC... not the Cork County Board.... sounds strange to me."
It's probably the dublin county board trying to distance them selves from the incident (as if they didn't know about it)

But they're probably afraid some sponsor's will pull the plug.

This don't look good especially after what happened with Down and Cork 3 months ago.

Unreal arrogance shown by the dubs.

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 12931 - 01/04/2021 21:52:11    2335715

Link

Replying To KingdomBoy1:  "An immediate 12 week ban so straight away horse, sure he'll have to be back on the sideline for their semifinal and final.

I wonder were they training in pods of 9 ? They probably have a panel of 36, 9 we're caught so there were probably 3 other locations as well but only 1 pod got caught."
I'm not so sure because Inninfails is where they do all their league training and the 9 players are all from different parts of Dublin and are all different positions and standing in the panel. It's a strange one.

Dublin County Board's statement said "with immediate effect" so in reality it's more like 9 weeks. It seems to be an effort to try and ensure no heavier handed punishment is laid down.

Kerry15 (Kerry) - Posts: 766 - 01/04/2021 23:02:45    2335736

Link

Replying To KingdomBoy1:  "It's probably the dublin county board trying to distance them selves from the incident (as if they didn't know about it)

But they're probably afraid some sponsor's will pull the plug.

This don't look good especially after what happened with Down and Cork 3 months ago.

Unreal arrogance shown by the dubs."
Is it though? Their hubris has been unpalatable for years now, stuff like this will just keep coming. It's a 1 county plus the other 31 GAA these days and they know it.

TheHermit (Kerry) - Posts: 6110 - 01/04/2021 23:22:08    2335739

Link

Replying To KingdomBoy1:  "It looks like the yank Fisher man is the real Cod :-)"
Let me apologize to you hermit. When I'm
wrong I admit it. I was 100% sure that it was a wind-up.

In this day and age of iPhones and cameras everywhere, what were they playing it? Did they believe that they wouldn't be caught? It's probably possible to keep within the 5 mile rule in Dublin, but to think that they wouldn't be seen training in a group!!!

This behavior, to me, tarnishes their 6th title of their 6-in-a-row. I'd say that there isn't a hope in hell that Jim Gavin would have let it happen.

They should face the full sanctions of the law.

But I've had many's the fine day fishing in Kerry. I think that I even pulled an All-Ireland medal out of the Sneem, one fine evening, back in 1992.

foreveryoung (USA) - Posts: 401 - 02/04/2021 10:15:12    2335759

Link

Replying To CiarraiMick:  "It is a public forum so it's open to everyone welcome or unwelcome. However I welcome you 100% Forever and enjoy your knowledge of gaa and Kerry football (even if you not to fond of Kerry). Yes the gaa in New York seems to be going well and I see for the first time ever last year the champions were all American born players. 2 of them were sons of Mikey Brosnan from Knocknagoshel who won a county championship with St Kieran in 1988.He played a few league games for Kerry and Micko was supposed to be a fan and it seemed he had a big future in Kerry football. However he headed for the big apple and played football there for years. I've been to NY many times and many I've spoken too over there and in Dublin say Mikey Brosnan was one of the best players ever to play football in New York."
Thanks Mick. Yeah, Mike is a legend in NY, and not just in GAA-speak or circles; a thorough gentleman all round. He's carries Barnabas, on his back. They'd a mighty year, last year. The sons Mike-Og and Shane are fine players. I'd say give either of them a year or so, back home, and PK might be taking his mobile outta his ass pocket.

Mike keeps himself in fine fettle. He could tog in the morning, if needed. And the mighty thing about Mike is, that St. Barnabas would never be allowed to wear any other colors, irrespective of any sponsors, except... you guessed it, the green and gold.

foreveryoung (USA) - Posts: 401 - 02/04/2021 11:30:21    2335767

Link

Replying To Horsebox77:  "I actually watched them recently, Moynihan had some outings in both matches, he had one unreal catch in the first half of of the the replay he had Joyce on the pocket.

He often didn't get the credit he deserved but Liam Hassett had an outstanding replay - looking back on old games he was a vital cog in those years and played consistently goodgood being honest I don't think at the time he got the recognition he deserved.

When did he finish up with Kerry, i know he was t here in 2004 and 2005 when we lost to Tyrone. Don't think he was there in 2006 or was he? I must delve into my programmes ..."
I was actually speaking about Liam Hassett last night in the local... they're open here. And a Roscommon mate made the point, which I'd never really thought about before, that it is watching lads like Hassett and Noel Kennelly (he named a few others as well) that actually inspire more young lads to try and grow up and play for the county than say watching say, the likes of Gooch, Mikey Sheehy or Maurice. Players like that are gifted, and few of us would ever have those gifts. But with hard work, graft and dedication, a young lad might see himself becoming a Hassett, Kennelly, or anyone of 10-12 of the current Dublin team.

My Rossie friend played county U-21 way back before he left Ireland, but he said that it wasn't Dermot Early or Jimmy Murray that inspired him to don the blue and primrose, but rather guys like Gerry Fitzmaurice and Gerry Connellan.

It's a valid point, and one that in all my years involved in the game that I'd never really could considered before.

foreveryoung (USA) - Posts: 401 - 02/04/2021 11:44:05    2335769

Link

Replying To Kerry15:  "I'm not so sure because Inninfails is where they do all their league training and the 9 players are all from different parts of Dublin and are all different positions and standing in the panel. It's a strange one.

Dublin County Board's statement said "with immediate effect" so in reality it's more like 9 weeks. It seems to be an effort to try and ensure no heavier handed punishment is laid down."
I'm only thinking out loud and I could be wrong Kerry15 but it's so strange though why did they pick those 9 players? And no Dessie Farrell either.

Inishfall might be their main place for league training and thats why the photographer probably gambled on going to that spot but I'm sure they could get other grounds to open for them as well, who would dare turn down the 6 in a rowers or maybe they'd train there on different days at innishfall.

I wonder how long has this been going on.

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 12931 - 02/04/2021 12:33:53    2335780

Link

Replying To foreveryoung:  "Thanks Mick. Yeah, Mike is a legend in NY, and not just in GAA-speak or circles; a thorough gentleman all round. He's carries Barnabas, on his back. They'd a mighty year, last year. The sons Mike-Og and Shane are fine players. I'd say give either of them a year or so, back home, and PK might be taking his mobile outta his ass pocket.

Mike keeps himself in fine fettle. He could tog in the morning, if needed. And the mighty thing about Mike is, that St. Barnabas would never be allowed to wear any other colors, irrespective of any sponsors, except... you guessed it, the green and gold."
Lovely story Forever. Ironically Knocknagoshel where Mike is from also wear the green and gold.

CiarraiMick (Dublin) - Posts: 1954 - 02/04/2021 13:41:19    2335789

Link

Replying To TheHermit:  "Is it though? Their hubris has been unpalatable for years now, stuff like this will just keep coming. It's a 1 county plus the other 31 GAA these days and they know it."
They're full of s**te all this crack of sweeping the dressing room is only a facade to attract sponsors and the sponsors lap it up, this shows them for what they really are.

Wait for the dubs PR machine will kick in now and like a poster on the main forum said we'll be seeing pictures of dubs players delivering food to old people and the homeless.

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 12931 - 02/04/2021 13:47:15    2335790

Link

Replying To CiarraiMick:  "Lovely story Forever. Ironically Knocknagoshel where Mike is from also wear the green and gold."
Is that ironic or is it a coincidence?

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 12931 - 02/04/2021 16:17:24    2335805

Link

Replying To KingdomBoy1:  "Is that ironic or is it a coincidence?"
St. Barnabas was founded long before Brosnan came over. However, it's a staunchly Kerry club, but one that welcomes people from all walks of life and nooks and crannies of the world. I must ask the lads about it, but I'd say that the green n gold is coz Kerry men must have started the club in the first place. I'd say that it's just coincidence that Knocknagoshel also wear the same geansai.

And while we're at it. It's fine to call me an outsider, as I am. But over here, it takes a lot more effort and money to keep the games alive. It's no sweat to us to fly a team across to Seattle, over to Denver, or down to Tampa; up to 5-6 hours traveling at times. So, when I hear Kerry fellas complain about how difficult it is to get to Croke Park, I sigh. It was difficult in Mick O'Connell's day, and for none more so than Mick himself (I read 'A Kerry Footballer' many moons ago now). But not nowadays.

So, the next time any of you have the pleasure to make the 'long' trip up to Croke Park, or the short trip to Knocknagoshel, Beaufort, Fenit or any other pitch around that fine county of yours, get down on your knees (it is Good Friday after all) and be grateful that you're not an 'outsider'.

foreveryoung (USA) - Posts: 401 - 02/04/2021 17:44:10    2335819

Link