Kerry Forum

Off Season Discussions Thread

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To Gaa Fan:  "Paul Murphy is in a different class entirely, in my opinion. You do not seem to notice his height when he is on the field. The marking job on McHugh some time ago was classic."
He did and in fairness he slipped seemlessly into that number 5 Jersey vacated by Tomás, he's brave and has the heart of a lion.

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 11740 - 15/10/2020 23:20:50    2297921

Link

Replying To CiarraiMick:  "Well number 1 is in not a Dub. I'm a Kerryman living in Dublin as I've explained before but maybe you can't grasp that. Also I've seen Kerry win more all Irelands than you live (15 titles 75 to 2014).i have also seen Kerry lose 7 finals live and 2 draws. Now whether you and your Kinsale pal believe me or not(Hermit said he s from Kinsale if I'm a Kerryman) matters not to me. Now to answer your silly question I'll be a true Kerryman and reply with another question_which 4 in a row was worth more? We ford's? Kerry 1929_1932or Kerry 78_81?Answer all great achievements. I don't think I'll ever see another 5 in a row but if Kerry did it would be a truly magnificent feat equal to Dublin. Yes probably harder to win for Kerry due to the Croke Park thing but cest lá vie."
Kerry Mick,
It's a fright to God that a sound, genuine, sporting, non-bitter Kerry man has to constantly explain himself to those two troglodytes.

foreveryoung (USA) - Posts: 32 - 16/10/2020 03:42:05    2297929

Link

Replying To TheHermit:  "Does anyone else think it strange how just as the inter county season is about to begin the media are going into overdrive about the risk and so many are coming out of the woodwork now questioning all this?

No one was complaining when the clubs came back, or that rugby and soccer was allowed start up again. Sure how many outbreaks can you trade back to club celebrations now?

It's a bit rich and very suspicious this fear campaign that's started up in the last two days."
I can't see any problem with the games going ahead the hermit once guidelines are followed properly, I mean bar these 2 weeks coming after that it's knockout football and 32 teams won't be long dwindling down to 4, once it's down to 4 that leaves 3 games to be played and they'll no doubt be played in Croker although I can't see why they can't be played in neutral venues when there's no fans, I see dublin have been giving 4 of their 5 possible games in Croker and 1 game at a neutral venue. The fan excuse can't be used for this so it's a strange 1.

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 11740 - 16/10/2020 10:20:18    2297961

Link

Replying To foreveryoung:  "Kerry Mick,
It's a fright to God that a sound, genuine, sporting, non-bitter Kerry man has to constantly explain himself to those two troglodytes."
Why yes as a hermit my natural habitat would be a cave...

So much praise for one Kerry poster among so many Kerry begrudgers, WUMs and oddballs on this website.

Its amazing how everything that's posted by one individual is so in tune with their own sentiments, so utterly insync with their own feelings and opinions.

It reminds me of Rousseau's famous declaration: "If God didn't exist it would have been necessary to have invented him'.

TheHermit (Kerry) - Posts: 5831 - 16/10/2020 12:12:53    2298001

Link

Replying To KingdomBoy1:  "I can't see any problem with the games going ahead the hermit once guidelines are followed properly, I mean bar these 2 weeks coming after that it's knockout football and 32 teams won't be long dwindling down to 4, once it's down to 4 that leaves 3 games to be played and they'll no doubt be played in Croker although I can't see why they can't be played in neutral venues when there's no fans, I see dublin have been giving 4 of their 5 possible games in Croker and 1 game at a neutral venue. The fan excuse can't be used for this so it's a strange 1."
Is it REALLY that strange?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sure you can't expect the craters to have to travel like their opponents can you, God help them don't they have it tough enough.

TheHermit (Kerry) - Posts: 5831 - 16/10/2020 12:14:35    2298002

Link

Replying To TheHermit:  "Why yes as a hermit my natural habitat would be a cave...

So much praise for one Kerry poster among so many Kerry begrudgers, WUMs and oddballs on this website.

Its amazing how everything that's posted by one individual is so in tune with their own sentiments, so utterly insync with their own feelings and opinions.

It reminds me of Rousseau's famous declaration: "If God didn't exist it would have been necessary to have invented him'."
And how do you feel that you were so strongly on his mind at 4:45 in the morning the hermit? :-)

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 11740 - 16/10/2020 12:43:09    2298017

Link

Anyway, looks like Level 5 might be on the cards lads, so much for the Championship.

I'm off to buy a few bottles of whiskey :(

TheHermit (Kerry) - Posts: 5831 - 16/10/2020 13:03:53    2298026

Link

Replying To TheHermit:  "Anyway, looks like Level 5 might be on the cards lads, so much for the Championship.

I'm off to buy a few bottles of whiskey :("
Can you see the government locking down the country for 6 weeks the hermit? I can't as it would cripple the economy.

I know this will sound harsh but maybe we need to lock down the most vulnerable in our society for there own good and the rest of us need to get on with it..

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 11740 - 16/10/2020 13:32:14    2298044

Link

word on another forum that one of the Kerry u 20 players tested positive for covid and another few self isolating.Not sure if its true or rumour or truth.

CiarraiMick (Dublin) - Posts: 632 - 16/10/2020 14:40:00    2298085

Link

Just heard that one of the U20's tested positive and a number of other players are now going into self-isolation, that's this years chances of an U20 title scuppered!!!

Depressing :(

TheHermit (Kerry) - Posts: 5831 - 16/10/2020 14:48:55    2298087

Link

Replying To TheHermit:  "Just heard that one of the U20's tested positive and a number of other players are now going into self-isolation, that's this years chances of an U20 title scuppered!!!

Depressing :("
Well we are already without at least 5 players tomorrow due to Covid.
I only know the identity of 3 out of the 5 (all from the same club),
2 of these are absolutely key starters who are also senior panellists.
The other guy is a forward who was a sub in the Connacht campaign but saw gametime.
Hopefully there won't be any more cases before tomorrow.
Such a shame for both teams.

galwayman2 (Galway) - Posts: 789 - 16/10/2020 15:00:17    2298091

Link

Replying To galwayman2:  "Well we are already without at least 5 players tomorrow due to Covid.
I only know the identity of 3 out of the 5 (all from the same club),
2 of these are absolutely key starters who are also senior panellists.
The other guy is a forward who was a sub in the Connacht campaign but saw gametime.
Hopefully there won't be any more cases before tomorrow.
Such a shame for both teams."
Ah look there was always a chance this could happen it's not ideal as you'd like to see both teams at full strength and it evens things up if nothing else.

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 11740 - 16/10/2020 15:45:44    2298110

Link

Our team to play Monaghan is
Ryan
Foley Morley Tom Sullivan
Murphy Peter Crowley White
Moran Diarmuid O'Connor
Burns Seánie Ronan Buckley
Tony Brosnan Clifford Moynihan.

No subs mentioned.

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 11740 - 16/10/2020 20:14:31    2298184

Link

Interesting selection, but a strong team never the less, good to see Crowley back and starting, even more surprised and happy to see Tony Brosnan get his well earned debut, Ronan Buckley had a very impressive C'ship and covered for the injured Kearney.

I can see Ronan in or around the middle with Diarmuid and Moran with Darragh Moynihan out in the wing.

Our subs bench must be strong, Enright, O'Beagleach, Gavin Crowley, Sherwood, Graham, up front then the two Spillanes, Geaney, Paudie, Shaw and James.. and that's just off the top of my head......

Being honest I'm really looking forward to tmw.. Monaghan, then the U20's followed by Dublin and Meath.

Not a bad a Saturday now is it....

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - Posts: 4878 - 16/10/2020 21:34:06    2298209

Link

Evening my friends ie kingdomboy hermit. Some old thoughts came into my head. I can never forgive tryrone for the way they treated us our players and us as supporters it was in no way sporting or in the true spirit of our games. We were not treated with respect.. I bare no grudge against any other team who have beaten us. Even offaly who beat us in 82 and broke our heart and the dubs who have beaten us in latter years and even our dear friends from cork. At the least the latter teams treated us with respect and respected us as supporters in these very hard times it certainly irks me. I do hope we will have a championship. Ciarrai abu

traleegerry (Kerry) - Posts: 613 - 16/10/2020 21:45:10    2298213

Link

Replying To Horsebox77:  "Interesting selection, but a strong team never the less, good to see Crowley back and starting, even more surprised and happy to see Tony Brosnan get his well earned debut, Ronan Buckley had a very impressive C'ship and covered for the injured Kearney.

I can see Ronan in or around the middle with Diarmuid and Moran with Darragh Moynihan out in the wing.

Our subs bench must be strong, Enright, O'Beagleach, Gavin Crowley, Sherwood, Graham, up front then the two Spillanes, Geaney, Paudie, Shaw and James.. and that's just off the top of my head......

Being honest I'm really looking forward to tmw.. Monaghan, then the U20's followed by Dublin and Meath.

Not a bad a Saturday now is it...."
Ronan Buckley a bit of a surprise but really excited about Tony Brosnan. Hope Paudie Clifford makes an appearance also.

CiarraiMick (Dublin) - Posts: 632 - 16/10/2020 21:47:58    2298214

Link

Replying To Horsebox77:  "Interesting selection, but a strong team never the less, good to see Crowley back and starting, even more surprised and happy to see Tony Brosnan get his well earned debut, Ronan Buckley had a very impressive C'ship and covered for the injured Kearney.

Not a bad a Saturday now is it...."
The U20s is a bit of a disaster though horse as we seem to have lost our captain Paul O'Shea, of the 2 Paul's I would have rather lost Paul Walsh as he doest do much from open play just 20 yard frees.

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 11740 - 16/10/2020 21:49:18    2298215

Link

Replying To KingdomBoy1:  "The U20s is a bit of a disaster though horse as we seem to have lost our captain Paul O'Shea, of the 2 Paul's I would have rather lost Paul Walsh as he doest do much from open play just 20 yard frees."
Ah Christ you can not compare Paul O'Shea and Paul Walsh.. Paul O'Shea will make it... sadly I don't think Walsh will make it, seen him up close in north a Kerry from U16- recent and he is a good club player but apologies not intercounty standard.. I actually would have Seán Quilter ahead of him in the U20 set up.

I think Quilter is a serious rough diamond.

On another matter do ye thing the starting XV by Peter Keane will start?

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - Posts: 4878 - 16/10/2020 22:12:39    2298225

Link

Replying To KingdomBoy1:  "The U20s is a bit of a disaster though horse as we seem to have lost our captain Paul O'Shea, of the 2 Paul's I would have rather lost Paul Walsh as he doest do much from open play just 20 yard frees."
Ya missing Paul O'Shea, Darragh Lyne, Mark Kelliher, Patrick Darcy, Dan McCarthy and Donal O'Sullivan. It will be a big ask but Galway are missing their midfield pairing which evens it up a bit but we've definitely lost more. Paul O'Shea was probably the player I was most looking forward to seeing in this game as well, he has such a unique style and has great potential. Hopefully we can still get the win. Also what's the story with having sub numbers starting and starting numbers on the bench? Never seen that before and it's not Covid related because anyone affected that way isn't in the panel.

Kerry15 (Kerry) - Posts: 597 - 16/10/2020 23:00:41    2298244

Link

Replying To traleegerry:  "Evening my friends ie kingdomboy hermit. Some old thoughts came into my head. I can never forgive tryrone for the way they treated us our players and us as supporters it was in no way sporting or in the true spirit of our games. We were not treated with respect.. I bare no grudge against any other team who have beaten us. Even offaly who beat us in 82 and broke our heart and the dubs who have beaten us in latter years and even our dear friends from cork. At the least the latter teams treated us with respect and respected us as supporters in these very hard times it certainly irks me. I do hope we will have a championship. Ciarrai abu"
Welcome back traleeGerry, I hope you and all belonging to you are keeping well old stock. hopefully we'll have plenty of football to keep us entertained for the next few months.

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 11740 - 17/10/2020 08:14:49    2298273

Link