Fermanagh Forum

NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE 2021

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Hey guys your post-mortem comments are failing to see the real problem and that is at the top and how the players are coached and managed and the absence of real foresight in respect of game plans. There isn't much point in talking about we need the Cullens back or the departure of the Jones lbrothers, etc but rather there is need to look at the lack lustre performance of some players and how to maximise the team output from the player resource available. Given that suggestion I think if Fermanagh exit the championship in round one then it's time for a change at the top otherwise the players will be failed in seasons to come. Wake up and smell the coffee!

BigToeJoe (Fermanagh) - Posts: 138 - 14/06/2021 10:41:09    2350667

Link

I would tend to agree with you in that it is hard to actually know what our game plan is supposed to be? Ricey has said about making us more of an attacking unit.... Sean Quigley in his own half regularly doesn't exactly back this point up. And how bad we've been in front of the goals during lots of the league as well. We have some quality forwards, but they seem clueless when playing for county.
Overall I still feel the league was a success considering our squad. But there is still huge room for improvement. I look forward to Monaghan and seeing what game plan we adapt in order to counteract the quality they have.... that is if we even have one.

shotgun (Fermanagh) - Posts: 120 - 18/06/2021 12:29:22    2351834

Link

Conor Love Played for Enniskillen Gaels last Friday night ,and wasnt involved v Offaly i assume he has left the county panel then?

macca999 (Fermanagh) - Posts: 923 - 18/06/2021 19:25:03    2351901

Link

Replying To macca999:  "Conor Love Played for Enniskillen Gaels last Friday night ,and wasnt involved v Offaly i assume he has left the county panel then?"
Heard he wasn't interested as things not going well in the camp! Ricey needs to get a handle on the situation and show more authority as this nicey nicet stuff isn't what makes a good manager, Remember Alex Ferguson was tough and look at his success....ricey please note!

Coa_gael (Fermanagh) - Posts: 1166 - 18/06/2021 22:21:27    2351931

Link