Dublin Forum

Dublin Hurlers

(Oldest Posts First)

Good win for our Hurlers today.
2-31 is a fine score to put up, with Donal Burke scoring 1-16, and 10 players in total chipping in with scores for Dublin.

Better performance than last time we met Laos in the Championship, but a lot of improvement required v the Cats next weekend.

Bringing the ball into contact will kill us the next day out.

Anyway, a win is a win.

Fionn (Dublin) - Posts: 3309 - 24/10/2020 20:34:57    2300943

Link

Much better starting lineup for the game v the Rebels tomorrow....

https://www.dublingaa.ie/news/dublin-make-two-changes-for-cork-clash

Fionn (Dublin) - Posts: 3309 - 06/11/2020 21:39:28    2305701

Link

Before the game we depended on Trollier and Crummey - neither made any impact today.
Game over...!

Danny was back to his excellent self, Conor Burke played really well, and EOD - well, I am losing superlatives to describe this guy... what an amazing player.
Did a great job marking Horgan then was told to attack more in the dying minutes...
Hurling's gain is Dublin Footballer's loss. He is some talent. Wonderful player.

Fionn (Dublin) - Posts: 3309 - 07/11/2020 18:05:22    2305875

Link

Replying To Fionn:  "Before the game we depended on Trollier and Crummey - neither made any impact today.
Game over...!

Danny was back to his excellent self, Conor Burke played really well, and EOD - well, I am losing superlatives to describe this guy... what an amazing player.
Did a great job marking Horgan then was told to attack more in the dying minutes...
Hurling's gain is Dublin Footballer's loss. He is some talent. Wonderful player."
He's a super talent, I was half thinking earlier on when the lads were talking of tradition, imagine we pulled out of football for a year and just concentrated on hurling.

On a side note, what a servant Keaney is/has been debut in 2001.

TheUsername (Dublin) - Posts: 3671 - 07/11/2020 21:22:18    2305938

Link

Replying To TheUsername:  "He's a super talent, I was half thinking earlier on when the lads were talking of tradition, imagine we pulled out of football for a year and just concentrated on hurling.

On a side note, what a servant Keaney is/has been debut in 2001."
Thinking that myself about Conal.
My biggest regret for him is not winning an All Ireland with the footballers, when he went back to the small ball.
And after the motor accident - I never thought he would be back playing at all.
Legend of Dublin GAA - plain and simple imo.
Some player and to be honest - I would have brought him on earlier today also.

Wonder will EOD switch to the football at some point.
He took 3 tackles in a row from bigger Cork players and still cleared the ball in the 2nd half, although debatable he was over the touch line.
He is a beast of a player. I felt he took care of Horgan today also. Some achievement.
IMO he would fit on any hurling team in the country...

Fionn (Dublin) - Posts: 3309 - 07/11/2020 22:02:40    2305948

Link

Replying To Fionn:  "Thinking that myself about Conal.
My biggest regret for him is not winning an All Ireland with the footballers, when he went back to the small ball.
And after the motor accident - I never thought he would be back playing at all.
Legend of Dublin GAA - plain and simple imo.
Some player and to be honest - I would have brought him on earlier today also.

Wonder will EOD switch to the football at some point.
He took 3 tackles in a row from bigger Cork players and still cleared the ball in the 2nd half, although debatable he was over the touch line.
He is a beast of a player. I felt he took care of Horgan today also. Some achievement.
IMO he would fit on any hurling team in the country..."
He was massively unlucky with the Senior footballers, it's hard to know though how it would have panned out and he might not have been in Gillers plans, great servant.

I was delighted when he got his All Ireland medal back with Ballyboden a few years ago and their aren't many in Dublin hurling who have had real relative success with the hurlers. He is a Dublin legend County and club, what a servant.

Not sure on Eoghan, he's a good footballer, but he might be a better hurler and perhaps one of the best defenders in the country. He usually plays in the front 6 for WHCC, cracking the Dublin front 6 of the Dublin footballers is the toughest gig in GAA.

TheUsername (Dublin) - Posts: 3671 - 07/11/2020 22:38:16    2305966

Link