Dublin Forum

NFL

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To yew_tree:  "Westport like Killarney can be expensive. We Mayo fans know all about forking out though...multiple trips to Dublin every year in the height of summer ain't cheap either...;)

It's an expensive hobby following an inyervounty team but I wouldn't change it for anything"
HAHA i dont do the stay overs for away games i go up and back same day.
hotel stays dont involve football for me. cant multitask that good haha

hill16no1man (Dublin) - Posts: 12665 - 18/10/2017 11:26:35    2055971

Link

Replying To gormdubhgorm:  "I think a clutch of the Ballymun up and comers will get game-time this year in the league.
Jason Whelan and Paddy Small in particular."
jason whelan aint up and coming, hes played in two league finals and been in and out of the panel since gavin took over.
indiscipline is his biggest problem, has plenty of ability and is a very quiet bloke just looses the head a little too much on the pitch for whatever reason.

hill16no1man (Dublin) - Posts: 12665 - 18/10/2017 11:29:45    2055972

Link

Replying To hill16no1man:  "jason whelan aint up and coming, hes played in two league finals and been in and out of the panel since gavin took over.
indiscipline is his biggest problem, has plenty of ability and is a very quiet bloke just looses the head a little too much on the pitch for whatever reason."
If ballymun continue on in club championship they'll do well ti get into the squad - although their chances against vins took a knock with the two Smalls out.

theduke66 (Dublin) - Posts: 321 - 18/10/2017 13:00:08    2055995

Link

would agree with you duke
ballymun were by far the best of the two in the semi finals
but if both smalls are out its a massive loss and makes it very hard to call as vincents would have the better forwards if ballymun are without paddy small who has been kicking 5 or 6 points a game. but ballymun are better around midfield, both defences give up goal chances so tricky one now to call.

hill16no1man (Dublin) - Posts: 12665 - 18/10/2017 17:05:56    2056060

Link

Replying To hill16no1man:  "jason whelan aint up and coming, hes played in two league finals and been in and out of the panel since gavin took over.
indiscipline is his biggest problem, has plenty of ability and is a very quiet bloke just looses the head a little too much on the pitch for whatever reason."
Yeah I was hopeful of Whelan coming through at one stage. Scored a cracker of a goal against Mayo in a League Semi-Final, 2013 I think. Just thwacked it into the top corner from the 21m line. Great goal!

MesAmis (Dublin) - Posts: 13086 - 19/10/2017 14:13:57    2056225

Link