Wexford Forum

Season ticket Club+ addon issue requiring action

(Oldest Posts First)

I just wanted to post this here in case any others are in the same position.

I bought the Wexford season ticket late last year for the inter-county matches. I received this ticket in the post as expected.

In February, I added the Club+ Upgrade to the ticket and received the attached confirmation which said that my Club+ ticket will be posted to me. I hadnt received this ticket and last week e-mailed the GAA season ticket office in Croke Park to see what was going on. They told me that I needed to send my current season ticket back to them and they could send me out the correct ticket, which I have since done and will get my updated ticket back to me this week. At no stage was this final step communicated to me, and I would be confident that there are lots of people around the county/country who (and correctly so) are assuming that the current season ticket is valid for club games, and will show up at upcoming club games having purchased the Club+ add-on since they bought the original ticket.

I dont believe this has been communicated at all by the GAA and I would be pretty confident that a supporter turning up with the old ticket (in spite of having paid for the club games also) will not get in on it.

Said I'd throw this up here as it would be very unfair on supporters who have committed to paying for a club season ticket not to have this commitment honoured when the club championships start.

WexNewbie (Wexford) - Posts: 7 - 07/04/2015 21:06:45    1711827

Link

The changes to the season ticket are a disaster if you ask me. I'm not even sure you can get a local club championship only ticket now, you're forced to buy both inter-county and local. You can't buy a ticket that covers both hurling and football, you have to buy one of each. And finally, the cost appears to have gone through the roof.

I really enjoyed having my club pass the last few seasons (which was managed by the Wexford County Board). Hurling & football for €125 last year, I got great value out of it. I've just avoided the new pass (managed by the GAA) when I finally got my head around it. The result will be that I will attend fewer games and ultimately spend less money.

jpb (Wexford) - Posts: 132 - 08/04/2015 11:43:01    1711968

Link