Wexford Forum

Walk overs

(Oldest Posts First)

whats story with the mass of walk overs across ever grade in past 2 wweks both under age and adult?

Stmunnsriver (Wexford) - Posts: 2011 - 21/08/2013 13:28:42    1465069

Link

Bit of a joke really, I know a lot of the junior football quarter final pairings were as a result of walkovers being given! any team giving a walkover in a championship game should automatically be relegated IMO. GAA players are always moaning about lack of game time so to give a walkover is inexcuseable. Pats giving walkover to Alley in intermediate championship too is unbelievable, don't think this would happen in any serious hurling county.

Rumbles (Wexford) - Posts: 20 - 21/08/2013 14:16:56    1465100

Link

to be fair,fixing underage matches for the same time as adult matches,fixing matches for 8pm at this time of year,giving clubs terrible notice for matches,is not on either lads.
hasnt there been walk overs given in both codes at this stage?

perfect10 (Wexford) - Posts: 3929 - 21/08/2013 14:26:48    1465112

Link

Perfect 10, Its the GAA!! What do u expect? And its the middle of August so fixing matches for 8 could hardly be considered too much of a strain for a team to turn up! Everybody & his dog know that games at this stage of the year are going to be arranged at short notice...Christ when I started trainin in Feb I knew it would all come down to a few mad weeks in August/September!

Rumbles (Wexford) - Posts: 20 - 21/08/2013 15:27:52    1465173

Link

Perfect 10 has got it in one, i know of one Club who had their adult team, underage team thats managed and trained by members of the adult team and two ladies team all playing on the same night. Something has to give.

Clubs are struggling for numbers and our organising body are doing nothing to help that.

tearintom (Wexford) - Posts: 853 - 21/08/2013 16:19:45    1465214

Link

Lads I hear what you are saying but its being like this for as long as I can remember & it ain't going to change anytime soon! Basically the GAA know that they have the ordina ry player over a barrel so they will arrange games for wherever & whenever they like! There is simply no point in complaining about it on forums like this, if you want change go get nominated for county board & spend years jumping through hoops or not join your local soccer club and play in a player orientated, organised league where you are guaranteed at least 25 games over a season! Sorry if I've upset a few people but it's simply the truth.

Rumbles (Wexford) - Posts: 20 - 21/08/2013 16:42:22    1465234

Link